T1 Abyss for alpha clones

I suggest to bring here ideas for cheap, but yet effective alpha clone friendly fit, that will be able to do T1 Abyss space. For example that fit costs less, than 80 milions and require no drugs / implants to fly:
[Vexor, T1 Abyss for poor]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Armor Explosive Hardener II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier

Heavy Ion Blaster II, Caldari Navy Thorium Charge M

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Ogre II x2
Hobgoblin II x1
Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x2

Navy Cap Booster 400 x30

Idea is to kite as long as possible, unless you are facing battle ship.
If battle ship spawn = spiralling it and once in close range, use void and largest drones you have there.

If some cruiser / frigate spawn, than kite and use hobgoblins. If some one catches you - web it and close range to your blasters optimal. Thats where your blasters work. Cruisers are priority. Pulse your MWD.

If you get drones spawn, than orbit close range automata supressor and keep your hobgoblins on some targets far away.

Remember, your tank is really weak and requires usage of cap boosters.

Another, more expensive, but also more capable approach is
[Osprey Navy Issue, Abyss T1 for starters]

Ballistic Control System II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

10MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Large Shield Booster II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
Dual 180mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M

Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x5

This fit uses drones to draw NPC agro from you. So you can tank them better. Close range -> web -> shoot, repeat. Keep AB running, shield booster running too. Do not forget to reload launchers before you go to next pocket.

An interesting compromise between those two can be
[Omen Navy Issue, Abyss T1 for starters]

Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Damage Control II
Armor Thermal Hardener II

10MN Afterburner II
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400
Stasis Webifier II

Heavy Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency M
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Valkyrie II x5

Drones here are not only to get agro, but they also important part of your DPS. Recall them as often as situation lets you. Never let them fly more, than 15-20 km away from you.

Please try to not post here fits much over 100 milions ISK worth, if I may askā€¦

4 Likes

I do all t1s in a thorax and Iā€™m sure a alpha can fit it. Itā€™s very easy, no drugs. Takes around 13 minutes to complete it.

Nice Post. Will give it a go. Shame no one else has contributed fits. Will add if I do any testing. What sort of rewards do the t1ā€™s output?

2 Likes

I have ran numerous sites today and lost two Navy Ospreys, both to Navka Overminds.

Both of mine were set up for Kinetic resistance and did fine until encountering the Navka.

https://esi.tech.ccp.is/v1/killmails/72008818/a08c6fa1637a41f6c08058a5595b8acb7af19a47/?datasource=tranquility

https://esi.tech.ccp.is/v1/killmails/72006044/f035e75d0b7fb38d354f7f3e439fa2f6ff0b6689/?datasource=tranquility

You usually get T1 filaments, Database,Condesates, Decayed Mutaplids and sometimes T2 or T3 filaments. Tā€™s are good to run if you just running the sites for filaments and the ammo components as well as grinding for the event.

1 Like

Your Osprey fit worked rather well. The other thing that I didnā€™t like about it was the lack of a drone module to increase the Ogreā€™s velocity. I had to get in under the BS optimal range before its dps took me out.

I am running an Agitated site with the fit now to see how it performs.

I just ran an Agitated site and your Vexor fit didnā€™t make it past the second ship. It was scrambled right away. If it was fit with an AB it might survive thought. I will try it again with the AB this time.

I just started out running some T1 abyss using the Rupture. I havenā€™t died (yet). I can usually take out the frigates with Barrage at range. If they get too close I web them and use my drones. For the BS I switch to Hail and for everything else I use faction ammo. I donā€™t know if the single RLML is worth bringing. At least it can kill the loot cache ā€¦

[Rupture, into the abyss]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

425mm AutoCannon II, Barrage M
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Light Missile

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Warrior II x5
Warrior II x1

Barrage M x2000
Hail M x2000
Republic Fleet Fusion M x2000
Caldari Navy Nova Light Missile x500

Recently downgraded to alpha due to time constraints. Thought Iā€™d try out Abyss with some alpha fits. I tried out a Thorax with T2 guns and ammo with a good win streak, but then got blown up after meeting a Vedmak. Switched to SFI with better results, it has plenty of fitting room to be cap stable AND decently tanked and armed. I didnā€™t have T2 AC skills tho, which I would recommend upgrading to if the plan were to run Tier 1ā€™s for the long term. This clocks in at about 61mil isk, and 250dps, enough to finish with 5 min left on average, but as much as 8min and as little as 2 minutes left depending on spawns.

[Stabber Fleet Issue, Tier 1 Abyss Only]

Damage Control II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Gyrostabilizer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repaier, Nanite Repair Paste

Large Compact Pb-Acid Battery
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
10mn Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

425mm Medium ā€˜Scoutā€™ Autocannon I

Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Valkyrie II x 4

EMP M x 2000
Fusion M x 2000
Phased Plasma M x 2000
Nanite Repair Paste x 200
Tracking Speed Script

Some observations running Tier 1 Abyss as alphaā€¦ In running Tier 1ā€™s, I personally have run into a couple of spawns that I would call ā€œbossesā€ for this level. But theyā€™re not too common at least, maybe 1 in 10 runs or so.

The lesser ā€œbossā€ is a full hp drone BS. Itā€™s only tough for a cheap alpha fit because of the low-ish dps, it takes a long time to chew through all that health. The SFI has some damage selection ability, so it can shoot into most resist holes.

The harder ā€œbossā€ is a Vedmak cruiser. This single cruiser puts out the most dps out of any other spawn group, and can do it from 15-25km out, where it likes to kite. Someone earlier mentioned they liked the Thorax too, but I donā€™t think the Thorax with itā€™s short 10-14km range, even with T2 guns, can handle it, at least my thorax couldnā€™t. The SFI at least has up to 17km falloff, so itā€™s better equipped to fight at close or medium range.

Forget about running Tier 2+ Abyss as a cheap fit alpha, unless youā€™re going to fly something blingier like a Gila. The jump between tiers seems to be significant, youā€™ll start running into at least pairs of Vedmaks, and becomes very tough to tank the incoming dps with alpha skills and trying to keep the fit cheap. The Abyss also doesnā€™t seem to favor gunboatsā€¦

As for rewards for running Tier 1ā€™s, Iā€™ve been finding all the precursor skill books(with the frigate and cruiser being worth over 70mil isk, if prices remain stableā€¦), some cheap weapons blueprints, and decayed mutaplasmids so far.

EDIT 1: added in repair paste, you may need to overheat repper against the Vedmak. Donā€™t forget to turn off overheat and repair damaged mods before going to next pocket. Also changed drones to mediums, as I only really used drones against battleships and Vedmaks.

EDIT 2: Fighting Vedmaks is sometimes a very close call with armor tanking cheap fits. Swapping out the EANM II for a small ancillary repper, using repair paste, seems to make the fight a bit more comfortable. A medium ancillary may also fit, but have to watch capacitor more. Fit is cap stable running one repper, pulse the 2nd repper when needed. Also switched from Hammerhead IIā€™s to Valkyrie IIā€™s, as they seem to have the speed to stay on the Vedmaks.

2 Likes

Aye, the Vedmak was what almost did me in too. Not that I risked my shiny SFI yet, I took the T2 Rupture CCP recommended (almost at least). Aside from losing some drones from getting too near the edge (and the Vedmak) T1s donā€™t really hurt too much, but ofc I do have full Omega skills running the Rupture.

Yah, the Vedmaks in tier 1ā€™s are no joke for cheap alpha fits, especially if not prepared. The Rupture looks solid for running tier 1ā€™s as well, along with any other ship that has decent range on its weapons.

Speaking of weapon range, I made one more observation on Vedmaks and running Calm Darks. The Vedmak only has about 17km range in darks, so itā€™s weapon is always resetting due to the way the AI is trying kite between 15-25km, so you are taking a lot less damage. So in theory, if running a well fit ship for darks, there would be a lot less risk for a cheap alpha build, unless they change the AI down the road. One weird thing is that my drones and weapons would stop firing sometimes when fighting Vedmaks, almost like it has ECM or something, but I saw no indicators of it.

1 Like

Its because the drones switch agro if they cant get into range. Vedmaks are very fast in Darks and have a large orbit so drones often have issues staying in range so tend to switch agro.

2 Likes

This makes sense now as I was using Hammerheads before, and after switching to Valkyrie IIā€™s which have higher velocity and tracking, Iā€™m not having my drones lose target on Vedmaks anymore.

I edited the previous post for SFI fit to reflect this, along with a change to double repper cause the fights with Vedmaks using cheap fit armor tank is too close at times, and the new fit has a bit more comfortable margin.

I tried the Caracal and this one works quite well: good damage and range. If you have problems with frigs use faction ammo or Precision missiles. The only annoyance is the long reload time for the RLML. So switching ammo often is not recommended. The Invulnerability Field can also be swapped out for abyss specific resist.

[Caracal, into the abyss (RLML)]

Damage Control II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II

Hornet II x2

The Maller can do T1 abyss, too. Use Scorch to snipe some frigs at range before they get close. After that switch to MF and web them.

[Maller, into the abyss]

Energized EM Membrane II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Medium Armor Repairer II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 800

Acolyte II x3

Scorch M x5

I had decent success with this maller fit:

[Maller, Abyss damage]

Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System
Medium Armor Repairer II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Warrior II x3

Though fitting on it is very tight, so an alpha may not have the fitting skills for it

Are these T1 abyss ships it seems you are talking about, the t1 abyss seems like running a lvl 4 mission judging by the sounds of it, so a navy osprey not working out?

The Stabber works quite well as well. You might even be able to do T2 sites comfortable.

[Stabber, into the abyss]

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 800
Large C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I

Dual 180mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion M
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile

Hornet II x5

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.