Abyssal: another drones'n'missiles meh

So we yet again, get the two best ships for a new PVE process. Even the CCP stream event was … what ship?

Sac and Gila.
Guess what they ‘use’? How does it work?

Drones and missiles, range and damage type choice. No need for midslot control modules.

Can anyone provide a Beams/Arty/Rail fit to compete? Anyone? Beuller?

1 Like

Can’t provide a fit since i am on mobile but I have been using a 800dps 220mm vagabond. It works…

800 at optimal on the vaga is … 1500m

Yeah. Link that fit when you get a chance, I will assume thats with heat.

Never use heat. Try it before you knock it.

So let me see. 800 dps … implants needed for sure, plus umm … boosters plus T2 ammo. And … these painfully fragile drones.

Sacrificing … tracking?

A vagabond bond can do them just fine. Period.

Web, rinse, repeat…

Just fine - show me the fit then, I’m trying it with full skills and implants and … sigh.

You are blowing it out down below.

The hurr durr ‘my fit does 800 dps’ rubbish we see every day in forums. Now if it was a Gila!

There are a lot of disadvantages with turret ships. Range, the requirement to often web your target to effectively apply damage, -50% optimal and falloff in Dark filaments… By soaking up DPS drones actually help your tank - so there’s that to consider as well.

There’s a reason why a passive Gila is probably the most utilized ship in F1-F3 filaments. And yes, I’m somewhat disappointed in that as well (despite using one).

Seems I am battling a narrative and not having an actual discussion. The vagabond is capable.
I never said it was the absolute best. It works great for me.

If you don’t like that then don’t use one.

I wish the Triglavian Vedmak would work. Aside from being stupid expensive, it would be kind of a riot to take it in. Unfortunately, the resist profile is such that it doesn’t lend itself well to… well, anything. And despite over 600 DPS on paper much of that takes a minute to ramp up.

I tried the Vedmak out on SiSi and it was fun - but I’m not convinced it wouldn’t become a gank magnet even without the suspect flag.

Seems I am battling a narrative and not having an actual discussion

Seems like you were talking rubbish with that 800 dps ‘super vagabond’ ← where’s the fit.

As they say - show me the money. You seem to be holding on to toilet paper.

Just post the fit so we can stop watching you guys trying to measure your epeen…

3 Likes

Here is the Eagle fit I’ve had a lot of luck with. It has a stable cap, just over 650 DPS and a better tank than a Gila.

[Eagle, Eagle]
Heavy Ion Blaster II, Void M

10MN Afterburner II
Pithum B-Type Medium Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Stasis Webifier II

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Assault Damage Control II

Medium Hybrid Collision Accelerator II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Hornet II x1
Hornet II x1
Hornet II x1
Hornet II x1
Hornet II x1

2 Likes

Dudes…go try the ingame ‘Abyss channel’. You.ll get many answears in there. People discuss fits and strategies. There are fits for all ships, not just the Gila and Sac.
‘Abyss channel’ come have a mature discussion, no spamming sales allowed so its pretty on the point and chill

4 Likes

How do you even get in range to use the blasters? To me the blaster range is really tough to manage.

MWD is the only way I’ve found (2-3 pulses). Otherwise they have far too much time to damage/neut you while you slow boat it to within range.

Overheat the AB for 2-3 turns. You move 1300-1500 / sec depending on which AB you use. Skills, which boosters, implants you have etc.

Pro tip: different ABs give you different overheat bonusses, or take less OH damage etc. Pick the right one for the job. Carry a little nanopaste and repair it while heading for next pocket.

You basically end up with almost MWD speed but without the sig bloom, and you don’t wanna run that high all the time anyways because you will slow down on the turns, so all MWD will do is just give you extra sig size and limit your speed tanking options.

That works too.

It was the part where you said you were doing 800dps that was interesting. Can we see a fit?