Abyssal Deadspace and a new New Eden Store (cash shop) item?

Context matters :slight_smile:

You don’t take a ‘stroll’ across a highway and complain about being hit…

Two years ago… maybe it’s time to catch up with the latest developments :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a crap analogy. As I said, you’re taking this all too personally and you need to calm down.

Yeah no. EvE was originally a subscription only model and has recently extended the trial indefinitely. That’s not free to play, it’s a free trial. If it was genuinely free to play you would be able to fly a titan as an alpha like the rest of us.

Come to think of it you answered your own question :

Take a leaf out of your own book, while you calm down.

So, I start as an Alpha… grind enough to purchase enough PLEX to go Omega… Then grind even more to jump into Titan… all the while payed $0… you call that subscription based?

That’s really weird because I had to pay my subscription I order to fly my tech 2 ships, use advanced industry operations, use PI, or use the 100m skill points I have.

Well, you didn’t need to :smile:

Look, it’s one thing to say I pay, so I don’t need to… power to you. I am glad that you choose to pay. But, just because you do it that way… doesn’t mean there isn’t another way.

Where do you think that PLEX comes from? It comes from someone paying CCP $20 for a month of game time.

Then that game time gets bounced around from person to person until someone commits it to playing or buying something from the NES. But either way, the “subscription” money was used.

So it’s still a subscription game, but you can earn enough ISK to afford for someone else to pay your subscription for you.

1 Like

Hehe, I love these threads. They bring out the salt like nothing else! Except for maybe cash ships…

A Trial period is only available for a limited amount of time. Back when Clone states were first introduced the Alpha Clone was basically a free extended trial. However since CCP increased the skill point limit as well as make more ships and modules available to Alpha Clones, I’d say Eve Online is definitely free to play now.

2 Likes

I see… you are still thinking of the good old GTC (Game Time Code) system.

CCP introduced the PLEX system about 10 years ago :slight_smile:

If you had said this 10 years ago, it would have made sense… We didn’t have clone states either back then. You had to pay the subscription to play beyond the usual 14 day trial period.

As things stand, you no longer buy ‘game time’ when you buy PLEX. You simply buy a form of in game currency (PLEX) which can be used to upgrade your account to Omega, buy skill extractors and cosmetics for your ship (and character).

Look, I wish we could say that Eve was still a subscription based game and you thrived solely based on your skills/time spent in game. That is no longer the case. Entire alliance wars are now bankrolled by PLEX.

CCP, in my opinion, did a great job with the way they implemented the PLEX system. The impact on the in game economy is minimal.

1 Like

@Perpetualed

sorry to make you a bad day … you dont understand law
i explain for you

in some EU countrys its forbidden to bring gambling for cash to kids
gambling for cash would be:
you buy a multiplasmid in the NES and then gamble what you get out of your module
that is gambling … you use real money for a DIRECT gambling lootbox

yes sure you can buy plex and sel them for isk … then go buy a ship and stuff and skills and injectors … go to the abyss and find your lootbox and use it on you modules

thats not against the law … at least not in any EU country … because its not a direct cash to lootbox trade & CCP can claim that there is no need to buy plex with real money … you can do everything with isk and you can make isk ingame without selling plex and that this would be the way CCP mean it should be … this buy plex and sell for isk is only for very very low number of players …

the drop ingme from killing a rat, hack a continer, find it on a gate … whatever is legal because its not real money related … you see the difference?

whatever you may think now … thats the legal way so if CCP starts to sell multiplasmides in the new eden store they get problems in some of the EU countrys if not in the EU at all because there are EU talkings about that anyways

your idea is no idea its a thing for a lawyer

so now we all can stop here because CCP want to make € … $ … or whatever with EVE and being blocked from EU market … no it will not be sold in NES …

thats the end

JuuR

But bying an item that would bring module again to previous stats is not gambling. :smirk:

Its actually reversing the effects of a gamble.

Such items could be in a form of “shards” and certain modules would need more of them to reverse the effects of a gamble.

@Nana_Skalsk
a reverse multiplasmid?
then not anyone would think about trying to make a better officer module anymore
if you just could use a new multiplasmid on a abyssal module to try to get a better abyssal module that would be nice but only reverse it is a bit odd … especially if you only can buy it for plex …

and i am not sure if you will not get problem with that “reverse multiplasmid” for cash only … you allways need to make sure you cant get sued and here i could imagine a problem …

you give out multiplasmides to 12+ year old and they use it on a module … the outcome was bad so take $ and reverse it … not sure but i am sure you could get sued easy …

JuuR

But for what? CCP made a mutaplasmid gambling without resorting to selling mutaplasmids and nobody reacts. They start selling shards reversing gamble effects and everybody loses their mind? :smirk:

They just legally made a demand for such item, and then sell a product legally that would fill the void they created.

Its like Apple creating a phone that you must buy a lot of dongles for.

selling is the problem … EVE is from 12+ … so CCP would invite kids to “gamble” with the multiplasmides … legal no problem but if the “gamble” fails they would need reall money to reverse that

if this revers things drop in the abyss sites too ok … but then all fun about the multiplasmides is gone …

this is very risky for CCP

JuuR

Of course its legal because its not real money gambling and you not selling a chance based lootboxes or mutaplasmids.
Selling items that you could not gamble with, but remove effects that gambling had on item? Action reverse to gambling. Perfectly legal too in my opinion. I dont know where is the catch that would allow anybody to sue CCP.

well that reverse effect is no problem … selling it for real money only is the problem
eve is 12+ game not 18+ or 21+

so you bring exciting new content ith exciting new chances … you invite all to use an try it and then … if you have a bad module (maybe a very expensive module) you say “oh what a pity but its not a problem … just give me real money and you get your officer module back”

you could claim that CCP brought this multiplasmides only because the want to sell thes reverse multiplasmides for real chash and then you just need a good lawyer and a judge with no clue and you have a real problem

i guess … i dont know … i just guess that CCP dont want to take this risk

JuuR

But is it really a risk?

selling it for real money only is the problem
eve is 12+ game not 18+ or 21+

Where is problem really? Its not mutaplasmids, its just profiting of the game mechanism. Just like you would sell additional reborn crystal in other game, allowing you to spawn in the place of the death instead of somewhere far away. You die in game sometimes too, just like you make a bad item here. Its the same really.

Its just clever game design and when gambling like mutaplsmids is allowed, it doesnt stop CCP from taking advantage of the legal stuff in game, selling legally items that reverse game mechanism effects.

Now only if CCP would want to do that? I dont know honestly.

Law wasn’t exactly on my mind :slight_smile:

But, since you brought it up…

You would need a chance based system for it to be called gambling and a price. That’s the mutation system itself. You are gambling on your item.

An item which ensures, %100, that your item doesn’t end up in the trash, or reverts to a previous state… wouldn’t be classified as gambling, IMHO.

Thoughts?

It’s encouraging gambling by reversing the state so you can gamble again.