Abyssal Deimos - Your thoughts?

I’ve been running this fit on Singularity now for over 30 T1, T2, T3 Firestorm filaments.
(obviously one must change certain specs for the different types of filaments)

This is a deadspace/faction/TII Deimos fit with a capsule fitting of a full set of High Grade Askelpians 1-6, and various top notch hardwiring of my choice for this type of setup.

So what I have below is a generic fit - One that I am currently testing on Singularity and TQ.

My main question - aside from Filament specifics - is how solid of a fit is this to venture into T4 or T5 filaments, and what should I look out for? Most of if not all of my Deimos skills are maxed out.

My DPS with Javelin is over 700, alpha over 2000 - not including drones with this setup.

My base tank with the Askelpians with listed MAR and the A Type EANM are as follows:
Repair 1237 @ 7.2 seconds

W/O ADC- 73/84/94/48
WITH ADC- 94/99/99/89

[Deimos, [PDTS] Deimos/Trig]
Shadow Serpentis Assault Damage Control
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Corpum A-Type Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer

Domination Target Painter
Gistum A-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
Federation Navy Tracking Computer
Domination Stasis Webifier

250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II
250mm Railgun II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II

‘Augmented’ Hobgoblin x10

Dread Guristas Thorium Charge M x735
Javelin M x1120
Spike M x1260
Dread Guristas Antimatter Charge M x1210
Optimal Range Script x1
Tracking Speed Script x1
Nanite Repair Paste x99
Agency ‘Hardshell’ TB9 Dose IV x1

To add to my primary question for those who are running and know their way around T4/T5 abyssal deadspace filament zones is there a throw away TII variant one can use with high or maxed out skills without fear of losing more than they earn in these pockets? I’d love to run a base TII setup but haven’t worked my way down that far in testing on SISI.

Thanks, Leiron

I tried a Deimos. Didn’t work out for me at all. And I tried many combinations. Blasters, Rails, double rep, single rep, anciliary rep, ADC, RAH, bunch of stuff. Just couldn’t get enough ranged DPS to make it viable while retaining enough cap and tank. Always something just too short. The blasters did good for DPS but their range sucks so bad its just no good.

The fit you posted will get owned by neut spawns. You need at bare minimum a thukker large battery, possibly thukker + booster. I hate cap boosters in Abyss cause then you have no space to carry loot unless you dock up every site, plus another thing to overheat, then you waste too much of any consumed booster time like that.

T4s and T5s are far worse then T3s, and it lacks DPS. Railguns are just too low. So you will also get owned by the timer when you hit a battleship spawn in every room, especially if all 3 are drifter / drone BS, and this will happen, the Leshaks you might actually squeak.

With this fit I can run T3 without so much as a dent in my armor! I’ve never been below 80% armor, and have NO capacitor issues. I have options for either close up or ranged (9k optimal to over 75+k optimal with railguns) so how will this get me owned by neut spawns with a deadspace MWD? Are they neuting beyond 75k? Because if so, yeah - that certainly spells big trouble in little China…

Most of the BS I encounter are mid to low range so far as their EHP is already low. and with my MWD I have NO problem keeping them at any range I so require, yet I have not encountered any Neut BS yet (of which I hear is a dreaded spawn!)

My armor rep per minute is over 10,800 with my current setup, and this setup is cap stable. This is without having to use the Assault Damage Control in that SHTF moment…

I’ve read many posts in the forums of ships fit purely TII and with less SP running T4 filaments, so why is that and why would this superior “base fitting” be worse than theirs?

Seriously, constructive criticism with statistics or bust!

You will lose your ship even in T4. Cause no MWD (T4 scrams are really fast and 6+ neuting leshaks spawns will make your cap dry) and rails will not hit NPC on close orbit.

then try your fit on sisi on F4.

F3 are so easy you can do them in frigate.

There are gigantic differences between T3s, T4s and T5s. Go for it and jump in. I do not have any data you are asking for, since I have never bothered to collect it, nor do I intend to. Frankly speaking, I have never come across any specific spreadsheets for T4 and T5 Abyss anywhere and never needed to.

I told you what I did and how I did, I could not get the Deimos to work for me anywhere near same level as other ships. Doesn’t mean that you can’t or that its impossible, I’m sure there are some fantastic Deimos players out there somewhere, it just means I found it unsuitable for me and had multiple issues which did not come up using other available ships. For me, best ships are Gila and Sac.

Active Gila I use predominantly for Fire, but often do electrical as well, the Sac I use for Fire, but do Dark as well. I do not run exotic / gamma as I sell off all those filaments.

Also, you are flying a blinged fit in T3s. You are going to have mad problems when you hit T4s and T5s. T3s on a HAC you should be doing in pure Tech II / Tech I fits. So of course you won’t have problems, its because you’re blinged in T3s.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.