Exotic Filament Cruiser

I just started to get into the Abyss. This is my first build. I started with a cruiser just to get into the Abyss and learn about it. I’ve obviously had no problems with several T1 and a T2 Exotic. My strategy is to kill stuff quickly and then MWD around to get all the caches. I averaged about 5M per T1 filament so far, which doesn’t seem too bad for 12-15 minutes of work. I didn’t get all the loot in the T2 I did because i didn’t really know what to expect.

I’m basically looking for advice on the build and how high I can go with it. Can I do a T3, T4, T5 Exotic? My skills aren’t the best, and I’m still working on improving them.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

[Gila, Orange Jello]
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Large Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener II
Anti-EM Shield Hardener II
Anti-Thermal Shield Hardener II
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive

Prototype ‘Arbalest’ Rapid Light Missile Launcher
Small Tractor Beam I

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Vespa II x5

Caldari Navy Scourge Light Missile x1362

You might get away with a T3, but you will die in both T4s and T5s.

1 Like

Thanks! I just started and really wasn’t sure how much power I’d need :slight_smile:

Its called a “fit”

There is a chat channel ingame (I believe it was “Abyssal Space”) or something like that, filled with all the answers, questions and nerds you need to get going and keep going in the abyss.

They also have a number of PVP/PVE fits with tips and tricks to get you going.

But your fit looks similar to most cookie-cutter Gila fits for T3 (No darks) and lower.

Abyssal Lurkers is the channel

Heavy neuting can happen even in T3, so if you meet those starving vedmaks, you must likely die even in a T3. You either need a large cap battery, or full passive fit (I mean passive amplifiers instead of active hardeners). Of course you can get away even with this fit, but you need a lot of experience for that.

I also suggest to visit the Abyssal Lurkers channel for advice.

Please, dont “mwd around” to get the containers, use a ■■■■■■■ MTU.

How do I use an MTU in Abyssal space. You still have to fly around to pop the containers. Wouldn’t it take longer to drop an MTU, then fly around to pop containers, then come back and wait for the MTU to pull in those containers?

I’ve been trying to figure it out, but I can’t. I have been doing it for a while now and I have yet to have a problem with time. Occasionally, I leave a container that is far away, and I don’t think an MTU would change that.

Thanks Gethsemene.

1 Like

When I said build, did you not understand? I assume you did, so build is a usable word to describe it. You can call it fit. Everyone else in EVE can call it fit. I’ll call it build and everyone will understand :wink:

1 Like

And yet its still wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.