Abyssal Space - I'm disappointed

I choose to play Eve. New content comes out, I want to try it. I found it wanting. Eve doesn’t HAVE to be PVP-only. It shouldn’t be. The perfect argument for this is all the people who’ve lost their abyssal ships to pvpers.

The ISK/h game isn’t an issue. I station trade, I run a P4 PI chain, and I carrier rat. When I really want isk, I also have a fulltime job that gives me roughly 4.5 billion isk an hour through plex sales, which I’m not afraid to pull the trigger on as well (plex sales for example, common time for me to get a little something).

1 Like

Wormholes can shut their system down and null-sec can essentially park a Titan on the filament exit. You can’t bring a friendly fleet to engage in high-sec due to Crimewatch mechanics.

You can’t be in a fleet? You can’t wait for them to engage you, then for your friends to engage them? Legitimately asking, I’m honestly not sure how Hisec engagement timers work.

That’s how it works in null. You’ve got friends to help you. Barring that, you’re no more safe than in hisec.

While it’s certainly the case that you can’t push the campers off before they engage you, can you not push them off after they engage you?

Yes, you can use friends in logi, falcons, whatever to help you out after the gankers engage you.

Thanks. I didn’t know if LETs would propagate to offensive ships in fleet or just those that offered remote assistance to the suspect that was engaged.

In that case, @Arthur_Aihaken, go make some friends. Run in fleets like we do in null. Make yourself safe.

There are multiple options in highsec which where all discussed. People just rather cry about another guy having it easier than to invest some brainpower or just read the damn suggestions that where made.

5 Likes

Me 2 :confused: Was fun on test server to try it out and experience it but on TQ its meh, Lost about 1.4bil and made about 400mil, the loot drops are horribly low reward, ran a few T4’s as well, lost a muninn and 2 phantasm’s I guess If I where a gila pilot it would be fine but unfortunately I’m a gunner and drones online is not my thing :confused:

I disagree, the biggest complaints I see aren’t that they’re boring, it’s that they’re not worth it. It’s as if CCP is designing these things (resource wars, abyssal deadspace, etc) with no idea of the current ISK/hour and risk curves in the game, and thus everything they make is inferior to either nullspace ratting or L4 missions.

If they upped drop rates and made the ships and modules from abyssal better, then they’d be worth it, but as it stands it’s a few “prestige” ships and some mediocre rewards otherwise.

5 Likes

You do know that the prices for the loot are set by the player market and not by CCP right?

1 Like

Don’t try the level 4s in your vaga. I finished mine with 2 seconds left. You won’t have enough dps.

Of course I do. But price is set by utility and usefulness. So it’s not hard for CCP to figure out about what things will sell for. They’re the only game company on earth that actually employs (employed?) a full-time economist. They can use a variety of methods to guess what things will sell for.

For instance, if they wanted to make a new Frigate worth about 60m, then having stats similar to a Worm or an Astero would probably land them in that price range. If they make it more similar to a Fed. Navy Comet then you’re looking at 20m or so. They know what premium people place on a given level of advancement over T2 for officer modules, and can use that to calibrate too.

Right now people are finding the rewards underwhelming because they have no strong niche in the game and drops are rare enough compared to costs and risks. They can tune all of this.

Nearly 800 dps is more than enough.
I have completed level 4s with plenty of time remaining.

Its not that they have no idea, its that they have this huge blind spot of nothing should be more profitable than null sec anomalies reinforced by the block vote of the CSM.

9 Likes

I feel the same way. I would have loved to switch to turret boats, I spent a huge amount of time on Sisi before this went live and came up with some decent stuff. Munin in particular was pretty awesome, but its just so much easier in a Gila.

I like this response, I am using a Thorax for Tier 1s and I think it can just about do a Tier 2. I have lots of fun with the Thorax. I have really enjoyed the new content so far because it allows me to get a 20 minute rush of Eve adrenaline and a small reward. I’m busy in real life so the Abyss content suits me well I am even planning to keep one of my characters in hisec just so i can do them.

Im also looking forward to see any changes they make to the Abyss content, Well done CCP.

6 Likes

The problem is that the Triglavian ships are utter garbage and the gravid and unstable mutaplasmid drops are virtually nonexistent.

3 Likes

You people sure do love to complain about the things that many of you asked for.

You wanted “procedurally generated pve” with “better ai” that was “a challenge” unlike boring missions and anomalies.

Three weeks later most of you are back to missions and anoms because AD is either too hard, not rewarding enough or boring because of the cookie cutter fits…

Oddly enough, Abyssal dead space is the only new pve I actually like. I have a cookie cutter Gila but I am experimenting with polarized fits that you actually have to manually fly to survive in. I still prefer anomalies and ded sites but abyss space is a nice sideline when that gets boring.

Some.of you should face it. No pve ccp or anyone else could make would ever really satisfy you. The problem isn’t the pve, its your own inability to like anything’s at all.

7 Likes

They put as much effort into Abyssal space as they did the last event. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if more effort was put into the Faction Fortizar upgrade/conversion.

EVE has always been in decline but now they’ve kicked it into high gear since the last round of massive layoffs. It showed at FanFest and it’s shown with every lackluster update since.

Not sure if that was directed at me or not. I did complain, but I also said I like the content itself. Personally, I like the content. I just wish that cookie cutter fits didn’t work as well as they do. It would have fit with the challenge of abyssal space.

Now that’s not fair. It’s true that from a content perspective, it feels like a small amount - but look at how different it is. They would have had to change a LOT of stuff to make AS work the way it does. I think that with some simple balance tweaks, it can be absolutely amazing.

1 Like

They would have to redesign the entire game system of eve online for cookie cutter ships to not work. Its an unrealistic desire.