Abyssal Space - I'm disappointed

I didn’t say “at all”, I said “as well”. Imagine that Thermal, Dark, and Electric space had a 500% bonus to automata suppressor range and damage. That alone breaks the Ishtar. Gila has pretty tanky drones, so it would be okay, but its missile systems are going to be useless at least.

One possibility, which illustrates that it can drastically increase the number of fits that work. Yes, you can and probably will end up with one of each ideal hull for each filament, but it’s still variety. It’s not all Gilas and Ishtars.

It doesn’t matter - this was the ‘big’ summer expansion. CCP will soon be in maintenance mode until the Fall or the next round of layoffs. There’s no roadmap, community interaction, development updates - nothing. CCP doesn’t even listen to comments on their official forums anymore. reddit/eve/ is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. And now with the new CSM, sorry - GSM - we can all look forward to another year of development focused exclusively on null-sec. Unless anyone else thinks that 9/10 null-sec reps will do anything for low-sec, high-sec or wormholes.

1 Like

Lets not turn this into another “eve is dying” thread. It was an expansion. And, truthfully, it was free. You may pay for the game, but you aren’t paying any more than you did before. New content is new content.

It might not be what you wanted, but honestly, I found the content refreshing. And as a single dad, I’ve gotta say, the 20 minute run time is a huge plus. I know I can log on when I throw my kid in the shower and run a site while he’s getting ready for bed.

3 Likes

There isn’t any point in turning this into an “EVE is dying” thread. EVE is already dead - the last year has just been the viewing of the corpse. If the firing of the entire community team wasn’t an obvious sign, CCP’s next misadventure into mobile games couldn’t be more blatant.

It’s great that everyone is enjoying the new content now. We’ll come back and revisit your comments in a month’s time, 3 months, 6 months and see what everyone thinks then.

3 Likes

Whether or not it dies is moot… I’m playing it now. If it does in 3 months, I’ll be glad I got to play it before it was gone. Past, present, and hopefully, future.

1 Like

Good point, but if your son slips in the shower and you have to go put on a band aid you lose your ship. Yes it’s only 20 minutes but you are committed for those or your ship blows itself up. It’s an odd dynamic in play and not one that lends itself to flying anything expensive. A cheap ship, sure, but even that. Who wants their ship to go pop just because they had to take a quick afk for 5 minutes.

2 Likes

If I undock it I assume it is already destroyed. RL always takes precedence and that ship is replaceable. People are getting shredded in these sites and I think it shows that they are a success so far.

I strongly disagree. I think they aren’t meant as solo ships and that’s why you think they are bad. But they are finding a role that will be very successful.

Yea, if RL takes over, my ship’s gone. That’s okay for me. I’m not required to do abyssal stuff… truthfully, I’ve yet to do a single one on TQ. It’s just different… kind of like how a WH is different from null. Some ways it’s better (for me) other ways, it’s not.

Agree completely with you. These things are going to be the new slowcats. Spider tanks, utility neuts, they’ve got some rampup time sure, but they’ll be incredibly powerful against anything that can’t alpha them.

ECM, sensor damp or tracking disruptor and they’re rendered ineffective. The only halfway decent hull is the frigate. As for those “kills”, I’m still trying to find one that just involved a Leshak. All the ones I’ve found thus far involved multiple ships vs. a single opponent.

oh look, loot is not that better but I’m still doing AP. Whole concept is amazing it just need tweaks. Now if missions would look like abyssal space…

1 Like

This is just my theory, but anything that can be run in high sec will be run until its isk/hr falls to lvl 4 missions, at which people will switch to lvl 4 missions themselves. So I expect the isk/hr from T3 sites to fall to this level in the longer-term, with perhaps a slight premium to account for the risk of losing a ship.

1 Like

You obviously haven’t considered the Sacrilege.

I would not like to cookie cutter ships to not work.
I would like system that they weren’t needed.

And looking at existing information Abyssal space is similar to burners where you need to have cookie cutter ship.

This was clear from the first tests on SiSi, and a principle design flaw of procedural/random content with no bail out option, and high risk of dying. You have to fit for every possible spawn, so only a few fits/ships will qualify. There is no room for creativity once the “meta-puzzle” is solved.

That’s why the classic PvE content is that good even after so many years … there are different ways to solve the puzzle. For example I found a creative way to run 5/10 sites with my PvP Loki, compensating for lack of DPS/(rat specific)tank.

They aren’t needed. Most of the people running these sites are listening to their PVE friends. Most PVE players are specced for missiles and drones.

I have ran a Vagabond successfully since the beginning doing all the way up to T4 sites without a problem. I ran well over 100 T3 sites. Still haven’t lost a ship. (I have quit because of the lowered drop rate)

1 Like

Large numbers have quit or are in the process of quiiting due to the loot changes.

1 Like

Can’t blame them. The money was good. But I set a goal to build the ships/ammo/weapons. Kinda hard to do when you get nearly nothing or actually nothing. The money was secondary to my goals that I set for myself in this constantly nerfed sandbox.

Nah, all they had to do is tweak some numbers on stuff inside the Abyssal space. For example they could have made slightly lower tracking reqs for turret boats while significantly increasing the range, effectiveness and spawn rate of Automata Supressors. Another example, replace the scan resolution bonus with falloff or optimal bonus.

Slightly reduce the bling reqs, particularly vs battleship groups.

No need to rework whole game whatsoever, just tweak some numbers within abyssal space. The only mechanic I would change would be the suspect timer, move it from exiting F4, F5s, to looting ceirtain items within F4s and F5s.

On the side note, I would really actually love to see a player get chased by a group of 5-8 Leshaks through the origin gate and just start attacking any ships in the vicinity once on the otehr side, now THAT would have been the bomb and a ton of fun for everyone.

Abyssal players would be happy if they got away, any other players in the vicinity would be happy cause they would get some challenge which they crave. It’d be a win-win-win all around.

And none of this is unreported. You have any idea how many of us told them of this stuff when we were tryign it out on Sisi ? The results we are currently getting have been perfectly predicted and documented. It doesn’t take much for you to hop to the other forum sections and look through the Sisi feedback threads if you’re curious.

3 Likes

Everything from the bugs people have ‘discovered’ spamming reddit for attention to npc stats counters and possible tweaks was documented since before it hit tq on singularity. I haven’t done any more sites since before the loot nerf which I’m only aware of from other people’s posts.
It was a difficult thing to accept the new guaranteed death mechanics shoved into the content but loot nerf too can only lead to less interaction

3 Likes