Abyssal Space - I'm disappointed

Agreed, lost all interesting in abyss, they have the brains and ability to fix it but they havn’t communicated any interest in it as far as we know they are happy with where it is now and will leave it where it is, which shows just how disconnected they are from their community, if they made it more rewarding for the amount of risk then it would spark a lot more interest.

I am not risking 500mil for a 50mil/hour activity which is the same as most of the lowest reward tier stuff in game.

3 Likes

The drop rates in these sites are certainly not as good as when I first started doing them. For example, the drop rates of Crystalline Iso-10 (or whatever it’s called) have certainly dropped away. Not good when I have 20 Tri ships to build. I have ran over 150 of these sites so far, mainly tier 3 and up to tier 4. Also, why are the latest blue print drops 1 run jobbies, they used to be 5 run?

Seems to me the build requirements for these ships need to be looked at maybe? They seem a little steep in the area where they require the materials that drop from Abyss space.

1 Like

I have a similar point of view.

I’d say the issue isn’t even in nerfed loot, but in just too expensive ships or costly ‘tickets’ to participate in, with just too high probability to fail. I’m not doing those Abyssal sites for virtual profit, but for game only. Every fail cost too much ISK to replace the lost ship, while other sources of ISK faucets in game are also completely nerfed by making it hardly to collect ISK relatively fast. The same issue is in FW, while your faction is under T3. Players just can’t afford the loses and have to quit that content. The best solution was offered to block Warp Stabilizers there, by leaving trivial players with even less chances to make some ISK, and leaving unchanged the farming grounds of FW zones. Nobody want to fix that - just prefer to leave it into a semi-exploited farming grounds.

I’m avoiding T4-T5 not due to default risks, but due to risks of DC and client crashes. Already got DC 3 times on TQ and managed to survive afterwards. I got 2 client crash cases on SiSi in T3 and T4. Maybe I need a better PC.

1 Like

I agree FW needs some serious work, under T3 is hell to play in.

1 Like

I nearly lost my 500m Gila today because of an urgent bio break. Thankfully I made it back in time with 1 minute to spare. But having an uninterruptable 20 minute block of time is impossible. If you have an urgent phone call to take, or an urgent bio break, or a kid who needs attention… bye-bye expensive ship.

That doesn’t work. Concord would pop the BB in 2 seconds, negating any help that you thought it would be. The ship attacking the emerging “flashing yellow” pilot won’t be a legal target.

Stick to “market PvP”…

Come now. Unless CONCORD is ongrid and within 150km you at least have 6s before being popped in a 1.0 and as much as 20s in a 0.5 security system. Plenty of time for even the slowest cruiser to get into warp.

People need to stop being afraid of CONCORD. They are just a cost on aggression which you should pay if it benefits you, and saving your blinged out, loot-filled Abyss runner is worth the cost.

There’s often more than 1 guy waiting outside and ecm is a dice roll

1 Like

Fair enough. Personally I’d go with the stash-loot-and-ship-in-a-recently-arrived-Orca method for 100% safety, but if you don’t have that and do have a BB alt lying around, it could very well save you.

Or on a 300au safe made by being in abyss at dt not sure of it got changed there’s few more

It got changed I thought 1 more before dt then didn’t make it and came out in the same place as I went in, seems fine that way thou.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this new content just ~special wormholes~ with ~special sleepers~ in them?

I’m never this guy, but it seems to me that they’re running out of ideas.

So, you think your alt with one BB could stop multiple ships (or even one) from killing your already damaged blingy ship? I hope you’re not really that stupid.

2 Likes

Show me one. They don’t exist anymore.

Yes. A surprise Blackbird has a very good chance of quickly jamming a ganker and giving your Abyss runner time to escape. Sure, as the number of attackers go up, the chance of getting away goes down, but it isn’t CONCORD that is going to foil your plan then - it is an overwhelming opponent.

LOL. I think you flipped it.

Basically yes, but beautiful ones. :wink: If you want to create instanced PvE in EvE with local environment effects, there isn’t much else you can come up with which doesn’t look like wormhole space.

I haven’t team PvPed in HS in quite a long time, always seem to get into it while I’m solo, and its not applicable in otehr regions, but just out of curiosity, won’t you get limited engagement rights if you are in same party as the person emerging out of abyssal pocket ? If you’re in their party and they get tagged with something you should be able to shoot it.

Don’t eat Thai food within 3 hours of an EVE Online gaming session.

1 Like

There must be changes for gunships. I nearly lost my gila in T3 with Drifter BS spawn + lots of cruisers. It would be RIP pocket for gunships. It’s not that drone/missile boats are too good, turrets hulls don’t stand a chance with some spawns.
Web is a must.

1 Like