Abyssal Space - I'm disappointed

One thing that has crossed my mind that may be applicable to the turret boats imbalance for these sites, are there still going to be more HAC balance changes coming any time soon ? The Assault frigs got full balance pass + ADCs, but HACs got only ADCs and if I remember correctly the HAC balance patch was/is still to come ? I may be wrong on this, but it would ceirtainly affect HAC functionality within Abyssal space as well as everywhere else in the game.

Sac is good, but only if you want to lose 5x as much as a similar performing Gila every time you get socket closed or DDOS.

But why when Gila does more dps thus clearing faster for cheaper??

That’s the point…some other ships WORK, but they are stupidly expensive and still aren’t as good as a cheapish fit Gila.

1 Like

I did the free filaments they gave us. Got absolutely nothing. NOTHING.

Will likely NEVER go into another abysmall ccp space again.

We wanted better and more variety of agent missions. We get this crap. CSM is a failure. CCP is ADHD.

FTFY.

1 Like

Yeah! Since 17.06 Sunday, the T1-T2 Abyssal loot got nerfed to the ground and T3 was downgraded seriously. Two weeks ago, it was ok to run random Abyssal Tiers, in which you was able to cover loses with gains, based on available filaments. Since Abyssal release I noticed a loot downgrade each week. Now its worth to perform T4 or T5 mainly and the funny thing is that players that have enough SP and assets to do it just don’t want to spent time on it. The content is enough time expensive. Todays loot got nerfed and, moreover, the Abyss stuff become very cheap.

After my last Sunday Abyssal run, I can say that Hi-Sec L3 missions grants more resources to you game that T1 Abyssal, and L4 missions more resources than T2 Abyssal and unlucky T3.

BTW. SiSi market don’t contain any filaments for trade. GL to try and test it there.

1 Like

Yes, they clearly stated they didn’t WANT people to be able to test things out risk-free on SiSi. Whether or not we agree, they explicitly did it on purpose.

As for the profit gained running the sites… meh. There they’re stuck in between a rock and a hard place.

So long as any one group can say “I can make more money doing X” it won’t be good enough. The moment it makes more than Y, they say “why would I bother doing anything else when I can just run abyssal?”.

I’m perfectly fine with loot being middle of the road - I get the distinct impression it’s substantially less than that atm, and I suspect that the market will flux around for a while yet. But middle of the road sounds about right. We don’t want the rorquals, carriers, and level 4 mission blitzers to all dock up and go out to hard-to-find cruiser sites. Why do I say hard-to-find? Simple… you need probes. A lot of gangs don’t have probes, nor do they want to (nor can they in many cases, great way to get boxed in) wait for a cruiser to maybe come out of a site in 5-20 minutes. Those of you in HS who complain you’re getting ganked, go play outside of the playground. It’s literally a sign that says Gank Me.

^ The “nerf” to Abyssal loot has more to do with the market being over-saturated. I’ve kept track of my loot over the last few weeks, and every few days, I noticed that the price of most Abyssal goods will fall by 10% or so. It’ll stabilise once people stop running Abyssal sites and return to running lvl 4s.

I ran 10 dark sites over the last few days, and made about 140m isk/hr. Which is still good enough, and on par with lvl 4s. I’ll probably switch if it falls to 100m/hr, though.

what tier?

Cool story.
The drop rate has decreased across the board for all items.

I never gave a ■■■■ about the pay. I was building a stockpile of ships. The drop rate is so low now I would have to run more than 10X the runs to keep up. More than half the caches are empty now and they are no longer self sufficient in filament drops.

All that and the gankers have everyone dialed in. The risk vs reward is gone. It is all risk with ■■■■ tier reward.

1 Like

Both the filaments and ability to activate them on SiSi are gone, just FYI. So there’s no theory crafting on SiSi for the foreseeable future.

The Triglavian ships are crap. I won’t rehash the reasons why, but this is largely a contributing factor in declining loot prices.

Mutaplasmids are another reason. The quality ones (Gravid, Unstable) are too few and far between. Considering you only have a 5% chance of improving an item and a greater than 50% chance of bricking it, it’s just not worth rolling the dice unless you have more ISK than you know what to do with.

1 Like

My biggest complaint is how much dev time CCP wasted on this trash. It was basically the only thing in this expansion, and you can tell from the visual quality that a ton of art team man hours were wasted on this solo crap that could have been used on other things that badly need the attention. Hell, it was pretty much the only EVE content-related announcement at fanfest. No, stuff they’ve announced every year for the past 3 years that will likely never happen doesn’t count.

Now its basically CCP holiday time so we’ve got several more months before there’s any other major development done.

Why do I even bother coming to the forum threads like this…

oh that’s right…

the delicious tears
:yum:

I run T3 dark sites in a Gila.

I think everyone has run sites in a Gila at one point or another.

1 Like

Oh thank you for realizing that your crusade ruined the feature ! Indeed there should have been more and more powerful mutaplasmids !

Franckly, there was such an outrage before the expansion launch by people who understand nothing at the game ; I hope this can be a lesson for the whiners in futures expansions. Players killed this expansion, CCP simply obeyed. We only have what we deserve.

As for the profitability, it has been said already : it CANNOT be more profitable than lvl4 in high sec, because it’s a free market. Nothing can be more profitable than printing isks.

I never indicated there should be more powerful mutaplasmids. But increasing the drop frequency on Gravid and Unstable to bring the price down a bit wouldn’t hurt, either.

You can thank Reddit and null-sec for the “outrage”. Don’t lump me in with “players” (some of us were fine with the original values).

Realistically, I guess it depends on how common CCP wants them to be.

For example, officer mods. They’re expensive, and there’s a very specific reason for that… they’re rare.

If we assume that unstable, for example, are equivalent in desired frequency to officer mods, the drop rate really isn’t that bad.

Sure we all WANT officer mods to drop while we’re grinding isk… doesn’t mean they will.

I love abyssal space and all of it, hope there will be more, but i also see the current problems with them:

• it’s just the beginning so there’s little content and rewards so it may feel repetetive after while, this is easy fix for CCP just bring more of it, buff trig ships, add more new ships as rewards etc
  • isk/h is a little to low, i find that tier 3 give you almost lvl4 missions rewards but it’s still less than that and also it’s harder, you need more blinged ship to feel save, also need to pay more attention than in lvl4 missions
  • the biggest! problem is that it is mainly gila content… don’t get me wrong it’s not gila fault but cap neuting, supressors etc makes those sites gila only, the abyssal expansion would be 10x better if we could use any ship effeciently but hardnes of those sites is their biggest weakness

I understand CCP wanted something new for pve, but it’s still not balanced, maybe because its cruiser size content so gameplay is faster and focus more on moving which cause many of main problems, maybe abyssal for battleships or battlecruiser would be better.
Also limiting time to 20min for those sites and making play area so small is mistake in my opinion because that limit many possible other than gila ships and limited timer don’t give player chance to use automata supressors and tracking pylons.
So easy and fast fixes for abyssal:

• buff rewards a little (also trig ships, it’s silly that vedmak can’t do even tier 3)
  • buff timers to 25 for tier 3 and 30min for tier 4 and 5
  • make play area bigger so speed tanking and other play styles like controling range is viable
  • less scrams and neuting (too much scrams don’t let you control range on turret ships and better tank, heavy neuts make gila the choice…)

That’s for me, im having fun in abyss but im still playing gila so it will quickly fade away, i dream about beying able to do them as i choose, some day maybe by using rails, other day using missiles, or having fun blaping rats with arty. Many players go back to lvl4 missions because with good or bad skills You can do them in strategic cruisers, almost all battleships, marauders etc.

Also CCP when redesigning missions don’t forget that there must be relaxing PVE content in game, sure theres many more lucrative things to do in eve but lvl4s even if they don’t pay so much they’re easy and just relaxing sometimes after hard day etc

2 Likes