Abyssal Space - I'm disappointed

Wut? In most systems it means everyone will leave because you might be a bad person :slight_smile:

Now I am sure you’re a troll. Log in some time and play.

Current Abyssal state has some issues, but I’d say “I’m not disappointed”. The environment and its stuff needs some reworking. That’s all. I like to perform this kind of PVE content, but it’s not that kind of activity which I’d like to spend time on a daily basis.

The content of this expansion as the content of previous one (Resource Wars) requires just some reworking and rebalancing. The implementation of Exploration content and hacking mini-game (similarly to Mine Sweeper) had and has success. It’s not because everybody doing it, but there are players which are explorers mainly and other player doing exploration during a limited time periodically to collect some ISK. The Exploration’s risk/reward is enough balanced and it just returns players into it.

The main issue of Resource Wars and Abyssal space lay behind the concept that it should be the face of new EVE, but it’s wrong. Both Resource Wars and Abyssal space must be a kind of content to help gathering resources and to support the main game play in EVE. Resource Wars and Abyssal shouldn’t be the only activity which should do everyone on log in. Like any other serious and successful game or competition, it must have access difficulties and it must hold greater rewards (not ISK/hour mainly) in rare items, BPC, artifacts, LP. Current Abyssal have easy access through an unlimited fall of filaments, which lead to an environment without any rewards, considering its insane risky and hardcore content. It’s like Groundhog Day movie - we doing it again, again and again without any progress and evolving. Where is the cookie?

In Resource Wars the ISK bounty is hilarious and, moreover, all the mined ore is useless and gone. We have to give away all the ore, considering Null-Sec gathering overall 15T ISK in ore every month. There are players which want to perform this content, but they are industrialists and they have to support their other activity in ore belts.

The Filaments drop rate in Abyssal space should be downgraded and rewards there must be upgraded, including the mutaplasmids drop chance. The main source of filaments in game must be Data Sites - Hi-Sec for T1, Low-Sec for T2-T3, Null-Sec/WH for T4-T5.

It can be easily fixed through rebalancing as many other ships were fixed. The most interesting ability of Precursor Weapons, which players didn’t found how to play around it yet, is their immunity to target’s Signature. It’s amazing how hard the Large Precursor Weapons hits a 100m Signature Cruiser at optimal. It’s the only counter Signature weapon, which his good.

It’s not. Gila is popular because it doesn’t require the required set of Skill Points for a dedicated HAC. If Gila can perform any of T3 sites, then it can do only 3 of T4 and mainly one T5 site type. And here is a tip for free. A good HAC doing very well without expensive implants and a HAC is better, because at the same cost we can get back much more ISK from Insurance.

No! The Abyssal is completely a new kind of PVE - a brawling style PVE. It’s an aggressive solo PVP game style under PVE fits. The best PVP training simulator. May it be like this. There is no place for any ‘sniper’ fits. Neuts are bad, but they are good also, because there is not any other nasty things and this is why you need at least one Cap battery. Cap battery not only improves your ship Cap, but grants to your ship at least 25% resistance to Neuts also. And this is why it’s an PVP environment - you have to prioritize all your targets and have to play enough aggressive to destroy the opponents before they’ll completely Neut your ship.

I’m not exactly sure where you get that the Supratidal Entropic Disintegrators have no problem hitting cruisers. Yes, the tracking is a bit better - but I’m not sure where you’re getting the improved signature hit capability.

• Supratidal Entropic Disintegrator II … 5.45
• Neutron Blaster Cannon II … 5.196
• 800mm Repeating Cannon II … 4.32
• Mega Pulse Laser II … 3.375

These are the base stats before skills, implants and ammunition.

IDK the tracking and damage formula of this weapon, because the second Falloff equation in the known Hit formula works differently. It hasn’t Falloff, but are able to do damage around its Optimal. Sure, with each 1000m from Optimal the miss chance is increasing drastically, but in close range to Optimal it hits much better small targets with sufficiently angular velocity. In my opinion, the random damage modifiers for so called ‘perfect hits’ works differently, but I’m not sure.

The Entropic Disintegrators anti Signature mechanic is based on their very high static tracking at short and long distances. They have better tracking than AC and Blasters while shooting at distances close to Artillery and Railgun reaching radiuses.

That is all you have? You can’t respond to the content, just the remark? Who is the troll?

@Rexxar_Santaro I’ll definitely keep an eye out. I haven’t noticed anything (yet), but it’s also possible I haven’t run enough missions yet to really see any kind of difference. I’m used to running blasters which (had) the highest tracking prior to disintegrators.

Out of curiosity, what’s your favorite plasma ammunition? I think Mystic is proving to be one of the best. With V skills it hits out to 52km (usually enough for most missions). It’s quite a bit more damage than Meson for very little tradeoff.

If we could get optimal range-only or optimal range/tracking scripts it would really make these weapons interesting.

Doesn’t the targeting computer work?

Yes, but +15% range really isn’t that much. It’s quicker to just switch ammunition for a longer variant. If there was a 150 or 200% optimal range (only) script I’d be all over it.

Mystic is good to shoot at other BS and BC, while Meson is good to shoot at Cruisers and below. Overall, the Leshak can be an interesting BS to run missions, but at his price (under 2B), we can use a lot of other super flexible ships for it. He has bad stats to fit a good sniper ship with distance tanking like Rattlesanke/Raven or a tanky close brawler like AC Maelstrom be due to low Cap or low PG. His Bonus abilities aren’t so usable in any PVE situations.

Entropic Disintegrators are good vs Guristas, Angel (especially for them), Serpentis and Mercenaries. Sansha just will use very disgusting weapon disruptors by ruining totally the Leshak’s Optimal.

In my opinion, we don’t need any weapon utility into mids. We need the 4th Exotic Plasma crystal like “Muon Exotic Plasma L” (in the name of known Elementary particles). The Muon’s optimal should be like 95km with ability to do a bit lower damage in a range between 85 and 105km. Current Mystic and Mesons have bad synergy with MJD.

I’ve moved on to Tier 2 using a Vagabond, watch out for any rat with the name “Starving” they must be primary target. I lost a couple of Vagabond’s. I am still very much enjoying the new content.

1 Like

I still have an 86AU deep safe in some systems in stain.

@Rexxar_Santaro Mystic is actually near-perfect. Most mission NPCs spawn within 52km or gravitate towards 50km.

Interesting. 52km is a range at which a NPC BS can do good damage with missiles and range weapons. Do you use an active or buffer tank?

IDK why, but I don’t like almost all T2 Ammo. With a bit increased dps, they give in return pretty nasty diminishing returns. They are very good for brawling scenarios vs same to our vessel sized ships.

BTW, Vedmak looks like a pretty legit ship. Damavik and Leshak requires some reworking. I have a nice, a brand new unique, idea about how to use Triglavian ships in PVE mainly and in PVP partially. Maybe I’ll post a Topic about it here. Interestingly, if players will like that kind of usage…

How?

A Vagabond’s tank, fitted with T2 modules, can’t be killed in T2 Abyssals.

It’s an active fit, but I could be running most of these missions with a buffer fit and just repairing my armor plates for free at a structure after. For L4 missions it’s T2 ammo or go home. As I said, you can pretty much run any mission with Mystic and just drop to Occult for anything foolish enough to close to within point-blank range.

“Staving” … he got neuted and presumably doesn’t fit a battery or cap booster.

Yes, I did go in blind to be honest and I didn’t realise the neuting was so intense. Silly of me for not fitting a cap booster and playing it safe.

im doing electrics in a navy omen, with ease. even done a few t3’s, it is tight on time tho.

1 Like

Any and every kind of EW (except ECM, praise Bob!) including neuts are present. Govern yourself accordingly or your ship and pod will soon be parted.