Abyssal space/site safety switch?

Never used VPN, but i don’t think the problem is from me. But this topic is just a suggestion to help players with poor internet connection, I’m not forcing anyone to do anything :slight_smile: . CCP will decide if they wish apply this or not, hope at least they will read it :smiley:.

At least try to read the entire post before you come to a conclusion.

yeah, way too exploitable. say i’m running lvl 4-5 filaments in highsec with an alt on my trace cloaked. I notice someone has scanned me and is waiting on my exit, so i pull the plug on my internet and get a free 1-2 hour window where said campers will likely get bored and move on. or i can get a bunch of corp mates/alts pinged and online to rep me

1 Like

Or just add the safety switch once per week? Cool would like to see that exploitable…

HTFU, and if your internet is not good enough to play the new content, too bad. Why should every be subject to exploits (even if it is only 1 time per week) to accommodate you?

I have. Still, no.

Look, its just a suggestion if you think only about exploits fine by me.

Why stop at abyssal sites? What about just a general game invuln if your internet goes out? so say you are tackled at a gate in lowsec and your “bad internet” acts up. You should get a 2 hour invuln so you can log back in and save your ship.

Because they are the only instanced content in the game, Everything else you do can be interupted by other players. At least that would be my theory behind this idea.

Unfortunately I think I will change my opinion on this, any type of safety would be exploited by Eve players, its what we do.

Because it’s not just him. Sometimes power goes out sometimes a connection drops sometimes EVE is ddosed. There are many ways, however unlikely, to suddenly lose connection and in doing so lose about a days work in assets. I believe EVE should be harsh but I don’t think your almost perfect connection should make you feel so vulnerable and excluded.

These sites should have some kind of backup, but it seems very hard to balance because like said above people could abuse it to hide inside for a longer period of time if they see people on the exit.

If the ship disconnects in the abyss pause every position, lock state, capacitor and hp of every entity within and the timer for a 5-10 minute grace period. Upon login count down from ten to restart the combat from black screen and resume the timer. If there is a player entity on grid with the abyssal trace, remove the ability for this protection to happen.

1 Like

Just something to add to your reply https://zkillboard.com/kills/abyssal/ enjoy the view :slight_smile:
Perfect example right?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.