Abyssal T3 bug or is it me?

o/
here is the situation
i am not an expert in abyssal sites but i have already done several dozens of solo T4s abyssal sites in a gila. We have started to do 3 frigs abyssal T4s with my corpmates, using Hawks in exotic sites. It worked well, and when we lost a ship, it was our fault (moving across the red boundaries, selecting the wrong target first, etc). Here is our fit

[Hawk, Hawk]
Ballistic Control System II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Small Cap Battery II
Gistum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Target Painter II
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
1MN Afterburner II

Light Missile Launcher II
200mm AutoCannon II

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router I

Titanium Sabot S x481
Hail S x123
Nanite Repair Paste x98
Scourge Fury Light Missile x5104
Standard Blue Pill Booster x1

A few days ago, i started to train other corpmates to do abyssal sites. We used the hawks with the same fit as usual in T3 exotic sites, and it was very easy, sites were done in 10-12 min. We were thinking of trying t4s.
Yesterday we decided to do a t3 exotic, as usual. The first pocket had a wave of 8-10 tessela lance/needle/snarecaster, which iirc are usually easy to kill and don’t deal much damage. In my memory it was an easy wave.
But we were killed in a few seconds. yes in a few seconds. And yes, my shield booster was on.
I checked the fit, nothing had changed, i checked the filament type i used, it was really a t3 exotic, i checked that we were not in any cloud or anythg else. No. And all tessela were frigs, there was no battlecruiser.
I wonder whether some of you tried t3s abyssal yesterday, and if they had a similar experience, either due to a bug or due to an era-of-chaos induced change

I was running T3 exotics all night in a Cerberus and didn’t’ notice anything unusual except that the loot fairy was being very stingy. That said AF are a completely diff story than HACs.

thks for your answer, yes, for us the problem occurred in a 3 frig t3 site, not in a solo site

If the Tesselas had 2 snares on a target and that target had the entire packs aggro, I could see you getting shredded in a blink. That build only has 2.8k EHP vs EM and 3.8k6 vs Kinetic. If your speed tank fails at all, it’s lights out.

Fitting may depend on your skills, but here is a tweak of your build that is a little less glass cannon. ~50m/s less speed, but vastly higher resistances.

[Hawk, Hawk]

Ballistic Control System II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Gistum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Small Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Eutectic Compact Cap Recharger

Light Missile Launcher II, Scourge Fury Light Missile
200mm AutoCannon II

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

1 Like

thks for your answer; i will try it.

I actually have something similar (maybe), I was running t3 firestorm in my dual rep ishtar(cap stable) so reps running.

I was up against two Vedmaks. Was frantically clicking trying keep up transversal, I was going around 600m/s and the Vedmaks were doing about 1000M/S orbit at around 10k. Despite the speeds their tracking they were landing wrecking shots for 1500+ damage and promptly deleting me.

Might be a bug, might be OP tracking, just sharing my experience.

PS: This happened twice with the same type of pocket(different fits one AB one MWD), no tracking pylons or signature clouds. Just me and two Vedmaks on steroids.

Edit: Typing errors & details.

It could just be the combination of enemies that you got. There are some small rats that have huge short range damage. Couple that with them being the same damage type as the resist penalty, webs etc and you can be killed. Sometimes the drone ones spawn with an automata suppressor tower that helps kill them as well making the room easy. It can work both ways.

That’s the beauty of these filaments. You can do 50 of them and think it’s easy then in filament 51 something spawns in the perfect combination to possibly take you out. It’s not a bug just the nature of the abyss. I always bring drugs just in case to pop if ■■■■ hits the fan and overheat when necessary.

A wrecking shot is a special crit roll, and they will happen regardless of tracking. If you were seeing multiple wrecking shots in close proximity to each other, that could indicate some RNG wonkiness (or you were just very unlucky).

Other high-quality hits (smashing, penetrating, etc.), would indicate rather poor to-hit rolls, meaning they were actually tracking you.

2 Likes

With your setup your resist in a Fire are only about 61% therm and 59% Exp, but that is if your Reactive hardener has fully cycled to match the incoming damage. Your resist profile likely won’t hold against two ramping vedmaks even with two reppers. It’s a race to who dies first.

The tracking on Vedmaks is excellent, 600m/s typically won’t effect their tracking in my experience. Your saving grace with them is MWD outrunning them to reset their ramp.

2 Likes

Yeah back to back like 5-6 wrecking shots between both vedmaks. I add buffer plates to make sure I can dps them before I have to worry about overheating and the like. but they just noped me into oblivion my reps didn’t even have time to cycle into overheating. For the Afterburner fit. And for the MWD fit I didn’t even get the chance to try and reset ramp up.

Do you think CCP can check that sort of stuff ?

Nope. If this was the case, with current mechanisms, it means each turret would have a 1% chance to deal 300% of base damage, that means the minimum value of average application would be 3%. It’s not the case, you have 3% average application only when you have 1% chance to hit - below, you have less and above, you have more.

If you can’t hit your target, you can’t make wrecking shots. If your shot hit, AND it meets the condition to be a wrecking shot, it then becomes a wrecking shot. The thing is, below 1% chance to hit, all the shots that hit meet the “wrecking” conditions.

So at max you should have 1% of the shots that are wrecking, including those that miss (because yeah you can miss a wrecking shot).
It’s totally possible that CCP made something that increases the crit chance, most likely not on purpose.

When this happens, first note the logs (neocom, utilities, logs) and copy it (everything) elsewhere so it can be used.
Then make a bug report. They will make CCP wonder is something is bad or not. Then make a reimbursement request, with the EBR given in it. Because your bug report won’t be answered to, while your tickets are a direct request for a GM. Typically GMs can ask devs the advancement of bugs, while you can’t.

Then post the log here, so people have an idea. And make one post on reddit. and one on discord, too. Just kidding discord is full of trolls.
Don’t bother with giving devs the logs, they have it all and can transmit it to the GM who is assigned your ticket.

If you are lucky one ISD BH will ask you about one specific bug he is trying to reproduce, and will eventually agree with you that you were victim of a bug, but CCP can’t do anything about it. But at least now the ticket for reimbursement should take less than 1 week since the GM won’t tell you “not affected by a known bug” even though you made bug report 4 times in the last 12 months.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.