Account Transaction History Just... Stops

I’m posting because I got an Omega expiring email, even though I was pretty sure I had paid up through December. I went to check my transaction history and my market transactions.

Somehow I can’t get any useful information from my ingame transactions. Even though there is an “order history” tab, I can’t find my PLEX orders to try to sort out how many I bought (and therefore what I could possibly have paid). The New Eden Store has no record of purchases that I can find.

Strangest of all, my Transaction History in my account stops at 2016. I can see all my plex payments up until mid 2016. Then nothing.

I’m sure people will say I must have made a mistake, but I calculated it out to an end date that coincides with my wife’s due date, because I won’t be playing for a long, long time. I’d like to find out if I made a mistake or somehow CCP has. How can I figure this out with no history of anything?

Yes, I submitted a ticket. No answer going on 5 days.

is there anything on the support website showing transaction history?

I don’t understand the question. The transaction history, which shows how you paid for the account, stops at 2016. There is nothing else, nowhere elses.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.