Active Mining

YOUR IDEA BAD. BAD IDEA. STOP BEING BAD.

Of course, if you later on want to discuss, you will be welcome. But in the meantime, as long as you answer to arguments with an insulting “that’s your opinion”, your idea is bad.

This forum in the most part are for Verbal PVP. Majority will just disagree in every idea that will be posted.

I disagree. Majority will just ignore. Majority does not even use the forum.
And yes people are more enclined to post an answer when they have a slight disagreement than a slight agreement, meaning it’s expected to have more negative than positive comments. But assuming this bears any meaning related to the actual topic is just an appeal to popularity.

This is a great idea actually, and you can tell it’s a good idea because of all the miners in this thread losing their minds.

Calm down, miners.

this is a shitty idea, and you can tell it’s ■■■■ because the only argument for are personal attacks.

Disagree all the way.

No I don’t !!!

(it’s a reference to Borderlands Pre Sequel. Who is Denial Subroutine? - YouTube if you know borderlands)

The basic idea is not bad.
As long as it is:

• Optional
  • Hard to automate (bots)
  • Gives enough significant yield in a way that it isn’t a tedious click fest that isn’t annoying
  • Does not take too much attention away from watching local and d-scan
1 Like

These two ideas are mutually exclusive. If it gives a significant enough yield boost, it ceases to be optional for any reasonable player.
Add onto that it is nigh on impossible to make a minigame that isn’t a tedious click fest when it must be played constantly. I’ll not say 100% impossible but I’m yet to see an example yet that isn’t a tedious click fest when constantly played.

Any kind of minigame that you are constantly playing will take too much attention away from local & D-Scan.

Even by your criteria, it’s a terrible idea and has too many things wrong with it.

2 Likes

Hacking minigame bots will rejoice.

1 Like

Who defines reasonable, you? No, CCP.

We agree there. It’s a common request and rarely executed properly. If anything it needs to require some level of reasoning, and not simply clicking the get bacon button.

Clearly the criteria have conflicting aims, which was the point of writing them out that way. Congratulations, you’ve just solved the first part of the conversation mini-game.

Leave the capt obvious crap on twitter

I feel like this just buffs bots who can do the minigame on many accounts and therefore nerfs humans who can’t.

You can say this about most aspects of the game. Dealing with bots is an on going problem which CCP needs to and / or continues to work on. The Idea is just that, an idea, an option for those that are not all about AFK mining, potential boting is something that those with the proper know-how (ccp) will need to take into consideration when/if they decide to implement this or something like this in any aspect of the game.

Not entirely true.

When I’m exploring I keep an eye on local, dscan, the hacking window and also my overview so I can warp off in case the guy in local happens to be an Astero uncloaking right next to me.

It is possible, but isn’t relaxed mining gameplay. :joy:

I like the idea to give mining optional extra yield for extra attention.

A baseline for low input mining like it is now, with a little extra on top for more effort. Not exploration hacking levels of effort, but enough to keep a solo miner busy for some extra yield at moments they are willing and able to put in more effort.

I like the idea for optional extra effort for a little more yield. But I don’t like how the OP responds to people who disagree, because that means this thread is not going to be a good place for a discussion of such a feature.

That’s nice, when you are exploring you don’t have to be in the minigame all the time. For mining you would be in the minigame all the time. This is the difference and why it is not ok to add minigames to mining.

maybe, just maybe, they add fps(full zoom in) manual mining and you get more ore/gas/ice via sweet spots(veins/cracks/dense gassy spots), and not obnoxious fine tuning the beam like in SC.

O7
First of all, imho mining is absolutely mind-murdering boring.
Which is why it should be abolished and replaced by something with entitlement.
That’s why I would replace mining with the PI system(on moons and planets) instead of the alleged gameplay.
However, with a dynamic adjustment of the resources.
And the possibility to destroying these settings through PvP [Planetary Bombardment, RF-Timer and so on], and / or stealing [Hacking-Game].
But that would lead the player base to cancel their dozen of AFK mining accounds.
Which leads to falling online numbers.
And PA cannot allow THAT.
Ergo everything stays as it is.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.