(Actually) Interesting Ideas for Ending the Amarr-Minmatar Conflict

It’s arrogant pieces of crap like you and your ilk that cause us to despise you, your god, your culture and anything you say.

Although it pains me to say it I think that I’m leaning toward the mutual assured destruction principle of deterrence rather than any particular faith in the words and deeds of slavers or coming to any sort of “peaceful” solution.

So bleat on slavers, bleat on. We’ll keep the EMP rounds and nukes warm and waiting for the day you feel froggy and decide to actually jump.

5 Likes

Then it is clear. Revenge strikes aren’t helping. Getting angry isn’t helping. We should switch gears.

So, instead of continuously banging our heads against the wall that is the Amarr Empire’s borders, we should now turn inwardly and strengthen ourselves. Yes, I believe that negotiation is an option. In fact, we may even have plans, terms with which to use for the negotiation so that we may get the results we want without ruining ourselves in turn.

However, it is highly unlikely that the Empire will start this ball rolling, so the Republic will have to roll that ball first. The unfortunate cold reality, however, is that the Empire will shut that door on the Republic. Why would they? The Republic’s economy is weaker, her military might can’t match that of the Golden Fleet’s and we are proving ourselves savages with all these revenge strikes by the more extreme elements from within the Republic’s borders.

But all of that can change. The Minmatar people host some of the most brilliant engineers and scientists and some of the most astute tacticians and strategiests in this cluster. The Minmatar spirit is strong and tenacious. However, all of that is being misdirected as fury and anger towards the Empire. That hasn’t helped. Forget the hate, forget the revenge, but remember the Minmatar people still trapped and chained within the Empire’s borders. Use that as the motivating drive behind the economic engines of the Republic to match that of the Federation’s. Use that to further modernise the Fleet, make her as advance as the Caldari Navy. Once the economy is strong enough to sustain a Fleet mighty enough to turn any incursions into Republic borders into a repeat of that ill-fated invasion into that Federation system, with enough to spare, the Republic can then turn to the next part of the agenda.

Once that is achieved, the Republic should not turn that might against the Empire, not right away at least. Do not attack the Imperial citizens. Do not seek vengeance. Eliminate all who trespass, destroy only those who dare try to take any more of our citizens but leave theirs’ alone. Show that we are not savages. Then we will start the negotiation ball rolling.

I do not expect the Empire to respond favourably right away. However, they will now know that the Republic is open for negotiations. Frustrate them enough, and they may even be tempted. They will have no excuse not to. We aren’t savages. We can be negotiated with. We are not weak. Our borders are bulwarks protected by a military that matches their own even in a stand-up brawl. And we can keep this up for as long as we damn well please. They will be forced to take the Republic as seriously as they take the Federation. They will take care not to provoke the Republic and push her too hard. Any form of open conflict will not come with a hypothetical steep cost at this point. That hypothetical cost is now a factual cost.

And if they still insist on being unreasonable, if they still refuse negotiation, the Republic then can afford to push the Empire and force that negotiation. However, as ever, stay away from vengeance. The Minmatar are not savages. We will only hurt them just enough to make them reconsider their position. And once they reconsider their course of action and show willingness to negotiate, we will be fair with them and open that door.

The Republic should be mighty in all ways.

8 Likes

It doesn’t help if you tell me that. I can’t stop people from being angry with the snap of a finger.

You keep using that word. Why would wanting revenge make the Minmatar savages? The Caldari animosity towards the Federation is almost entirely fueled by thirst for revenge, yet nobody calls them savages. Well, okay, I have a couple of times, but besides those it is very rare.

That would be the ideal, that we do not stoop to the Amarr level.

2 Likes

And how does this help the people who will be born, live, and die as slaves while you wait? How does it help the people suffering abuse and having their very identity torn away from them right now? How does waiting and biding our time do anything to help the very people you say to ‘remember’?

I understand what you’re saying. I used to say much the same thing. But we’ve been trying it your way for years, and other than one moment’s misdirection, it’s achieved us nothing.

Violence has worked.
Patience has not.

3 Likes

Actually, while you don’t hear it much from capsuleers lately it’s one of the more common Federal partisan sentiments about the Caldari. Militarism, jingoism, thirst for revenge … (justified or not) …

… I think it’s fallen a little out of favor since Tibus Heth’s fall, though. It’s easier to paint people as blinded by hate if they follow hateful leaders without question.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that the Gallente actually embrace multi-culturalism all that much. They’re fine with different foods, musics, fashions and art - but give them a system that diverges from their own significantly and they usually make an absolute hash of co-existing with it.

2 Likes

I never said they were good at it. But they at least don’t openly espouse the obliteration of all other cultures.

Just the ones from their own home system.

3 Likes

I like the cut of your jib, Elmund. We should have a beer sometime.

1 Like

Ahhhh… Caldari master race is a special case, once more?

3 Likes

You like the idea of the Republic becoming so strong it can strongarm the Empire to change its ways?
Fascinating.

2 Likes

Yes, so that it will stop being so ■■■■■■■ insecure it can’t tolerate our religion being practiced within its borders.

1 Like

Doesn’t it, though, my lord?

I thought the Republic was having a little trouble with public sentiment, but hadn’t at all barred Amarrian believers (esp. among recent returnees) from practicing? It’s one of the reasons I think Ms. Ayallah considers pretty much the whole cluster aside from the State as good as Reclaimed.

(I think she’s a little over-optimistic about that, but then, I would…)

2 Likes

You know you’ve opened yourself up to an obvious counter.

3 Likes

I swear I wasn’t going to go there. And now I don’t have to. Thanks, Sami!

2 Likes

I’m sure that can be done after the republic absorbed the empire.:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Allow me to rephrase.

Whatever makes the Republic think it doesn’t need to be so defensive at all times. Truth be told, it will never be more powerful than the Empire, or even be in the same league as the Empire failing an utter catastrophe and collapse. Four times the territory, five times the population, far greater resources, more advanced technology and a culture stronger and more developed than any other in the cluster. The Republic will not ‘absorb’ the Empire, unless you count the reverse happening as a mutual process, which would be my goal.

But if you want to believe you can reverse the positions our nations are in, you are more than welcome to think that if it gets you to lessen your aggression towards the Empire. And honestly, for the actual goal of the Reclaiming, it does not matter how powerful the Republic becomes, so long as they recognize the Rite and embody it themselves. Semi-independent political bodies can be in communion with the Reclaiming, so long as they are friend to the mother Empire.

These are all things that would only become factors in hundreds, if not thousands, of years. What I am concerned with today is talking about how to bring relatively immediate, stable peace that both sides can agree to with their short-term goals being met and the possibility for their long-term goals to be either deferred or given a chance to be worked towards in a non-militaristic manner. Simple, yet complicated.

Many of the angry Minmatar here have pointed out exactly what I have just stated to be unacceptable because my definition of ‘peace’ is merely a pretense for a shifted manner of competition between our nations. Well, yes, of course. I’ve stated that throughout. But competition does not need to be as vicious as has been throughout our histories. The Imperial Rite is not a malignant blight, and the Minmatar desire for self-determination is not an unforgivable heresy. We can find ways to reconcile our goals.

2 Likes

Massively stagnated, culturally barbaric and backwards, bloated and sluggish, unfathomably inefficient. Your poor Empire would bloody break apart if it tried to actually do anything, Aldieboo. Save the propaganda for your zealots who might actually believe that nonsense.

Unlike your Empire, we’ve actually succeeded in our endeavors over the years.

2 Likes

Whatever makes you feel better. I am beyond caring about your opinions. I just want to create a world where I’ll never have to hear them again.

1 Like

Which’d take a clusterwide war and the destruction of CONCORD. Feel free to try.

2 Likes

I like how you still assume I’ll be the first one to try.

1 Like