(Actually) Interesting Ideas for Ending the Amarr-Minmatar Conflict

You would too if you’ve ever tried to get one out of your toilet. That was one week of terror and questionable liquids I’d rather not repeat.

2 Likes

Yes, but that was Daimon Pike, a Gallente performance artist. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

[Removed, didn’t read thread properly. Can this new forum stop putting every single post in one single page that makes it impossible to keep track of when it gets to several-hundreds-of-posts in length?]

6 Likes

You and I should get together later and blaze up. I think you’ve been straight-edge too long.

4 Likes

Well, now I feel like an idiot.

2 Likes

Replace all Minmatar slave labour with vat-grown Ealurians.
The Minmatar thus free, to be sent to the Republic if that is their wish, transport to be arranged by the SOE in conjunction with neutral observers so that they don’t “disappear” en route for being a threat to Minmatar cultural values.

With the recent proclamation about clone souls this should be acceptable.

2 Likes

I think it’s important to find common ground.

For example, these forums are ■■■■ and I think that everyone can agree.

Edit: Oh and they censor swearing. Talking about killing people is okay, but don’t swear!

3 Likes

It should be noted that the ‘recent’ proclamation concerned individuals who were initially born naturally, and then artificially reproduced for infomorph transfer. It didn’t cover 100% artificial entities. Those, presumably, are still soulless automatons destined to lurch through life devoid of meaning and hope, burdened by an endless hunger for brains.

That’s ass.

3 Likes

Well, that’s where you’re wrong, matey.

1 Like

My compliments to your stylist. You can’t even see the teethmarks.

2 Likes

Perhaps conflict end now when minmatars sit down to watch how true amarrian loyalists and fake loyalists are gathering steam to go against each others.

A shame that EVEbet is down. I am sure the other minmatars would love to run a few bets while watching you kill each other.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the odds would be negative in nature. What are AFK going to do? Unleash their automated brainjacks?

3 Likes

It should be noted that the ‘recent’ proclamation concerned individuals who were initially born naturally, and then artificially reproduced for infomorph transfer. It didn’t cover 100% artificial entities. Those, presumably, are still soulless automatons destined to lurch through life devoid of meaning and hope, burdened by an endless hunger for brains.

I can’t even keep track anymore… Am I an abomination unto God, or just a Heathen? Or both? Or neither?

Your religion should come with a quickstart guide, Amarr.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I’d worry about it, Mr. Tuulinen. You seem human enough to me. If you’re really concerned though, I’m planning on selling my soul on the Jita market as I don’t believe in it and, consequently, don’t have a use for it.

2 Likes

There’s nothing fundamental to the beliefs of the Federation that neccessitates subjugation of or war with the Caldari State. In fact, I’m fairly certain if it weren’t for the thorny issue of Caldari Prime and Gallente Prime occupying the same system we’d have been able to move much further along the resolution of our respective differences decades ago. The Amarr Empire, as it currently exists, demands the subjugation of all humanity to the Empress. That it might not be actively and openly pursuing that goal to the fullest extent of its capabilities right now doesn’t change the fact that the spirit of the Reclaiming demands this.

Remember that the first reaction of the Empire upon discovering that the State existed was to consider enslaving you, since you were already highly taxed by the war with the Federation. The only reason that they decided not to was because they realised that in doing so, they might actually end up prematurely ending the war and forcing the two nations to ally with each other. You were more useful to them as a geopolitical counterbalance to the Federation than as slaves. That state of affairs persists to this day, in fact.

The Federation hasn’t always treated the Republic with perfect respect and grace. But we’ve never looked at them as “the last target on the list.” If the Federation and the Republic fall, make no mistake: the State will be next. And while I’m sure you’ll say it’s unlikely, remember that we’ve both seen many things over my career that ten years ago we would’ve considered utterly impossible - some of which we’ve both been in the same place at the same time to witness.

3 Likes

I think you’re an Abomination Unto Heather?

And no, I don’t know who Heather is.

2 Likes

Hee.

So, as far as I’ve been able to gather, Pieter, the Amarr might at most find your status as a tube-child a little eyebrow-raising, but it’s not something most of them would likely think made you non-human or anything. The bar for “abomination unto God” is a bit higher. (I’ve noticed some of them start twitching a bit about biosculpting-type body modding and that kind of thing, though even that doesn’t seem really universal, or at least, isn’t always taken equally seriously.)

Probably, you’re just a heathen like me. It’s a pretty common trait. Qualifications: human, not Amarr, not a heretic.

(“Heretic,” here, means, “member of one of the offshoots of the Amarrian religion that has been declared heretical by the Theology Council, such as Sani Sabik or the EoM.”)

1 Like

“Heretic” universally meaning ‘member of offshoot of speaker’s religion that espouses beliefs not in keeping with accepted orthodoxy’, yes. Someone who’s never been a member of the faith is a heathen, and someone who’s left the faith is an apostate. Heretics have to be guilty of heresy, which means they have to be believers in the first place.

2 Likes

I agree Andreus, and the fact that the Caldari/Gallente tensions are due to a single issue and the bad feeling that has arisen from ham-handed attempts to resolve it over the centuries means that we are probably closer to a rapprochement than the Empire and the Republic.

The sad fact is that the current status quo, while reasonably stable, forces the factions into a four-way standoff that is largely artificial.

I would be a happy Citizen if we could go back to no alliances, only trade.

4 Likes