(Actually) Interesting Ideas for Ending the Amarr-Minmatar Conflict

Thank you for the correction, Ms. Kernher, and please excuse me for the incorrect assumption.

2 Likes

Youā€™re conflating a very much free-form and pragmatical spirituality - free-form to the point of the religious climate of the tribes being the strangest alien jungle you can imagine, in a constant and perpetual chaos as growing beliefs and religions clash, intermingle with and consume each other and perpetually developing new and strange growths - with a deadlocked dogma that gets slowly but surely rewritten by a central authority using it to maintain their own superiority and control over the population. A dogma with one unchanging core to it: The Reclaiming.

These arenā€™t exactly compatible, in any way, shape or form.

We covered quite early in this thread that there is no peace to be had. The conditions are unacceptable for both sides. You lot wonā€™t let go of the reclaiming, and our hearts have ā€˜never againā€™ carved into them. Let me know when either of the two changes, but until that happens there is no path forwards that isnā€™t leading to war.

3 Likes

You really need to learn how to let go. Itā€™s absurd that this thread is still in the top 5.

6 Likes

Well ā€¦ it seems like a few possibly constructive things have been said recently though.

3 Likes

I maintain that someone should report the subject line of this topic to trade authorities for false advertisement.

1 Like

I said 500 or so posts ago that I was shooting for 2000. I set a goal, so Iā€™m working toward that goal.

1 Like

By the sheer force of my faith in humanity.

4 Likes

I am not your faith in humanity!

3 Likes

Yes you are. Why else are you persisting? You clearly want this to happen.

When you see the warzone, you imagine it turning into hisec with thriving colonies, trade and migration between the borders unhindered by distrust or violence.

When you see loyalists arguing on the IGS, you imagine them fondly talking about their daily lives with one another like old friends.

When you sleep, you dream of Amarr and Minmatar children frolicking together in flowered fields whilst their parents watch in mutual respect and safety.

But 'loā€¦ you turn from the idyllic scene, realizing you sit at a finely dressed table, laden with a bountiful picnic for this perfect sunny day. A plate stacked with roasted blackfowl, bowls of fresh fruit, and mountains of fluffy, buttery rolls. And there I am, smiling contentedly at you. And then thereā€™s Mitara, bringing a freshly baked Athran apple pie.

You scream and draw your pistol, but it slips from your hand because itā€™s slick with grease from the delicious blackfowl youā€™ve been eating. It falls to the ground and misfires - straight into the air - where the round explodes into a full fireworks display. Itā€™s suddenly night, and the children are awestruck by the glorious sight. I smile again as you leap from the table, and when I mouth the words ā€œI told you so,ā€ you awaken in a cold sweat, confused and panicked.

Yup.

Thatā€™s exactly how it goes.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s why.

Eh, I tend more to look toward that sort of development coming in null. At least our wars stop. Orā€¦ you knowā€¦ pause. And we focus entirely on one another and not on say, planetary infrastructure.

Ok, Iā€™ll grant you, that is a terrifying scenario you paint. I really donā€™t like blackfowl.

1 Like

This is a bigger joke than my post.

2 Likes

Now thatā€™s just mean. Just because weā€™re less built-up right now, that doesnā€™t mean weā€™re less likely to find a peaceful equilibrium out here than the warzones are. Like I said, we can win and lose our conflicts. And sure, Customs Offices get hit, but colonial buildings donā€™t.

Besides, have you looked at the latest production numbers?

1 Like

I have a similar dream to that, only it ends with a laser (sometimes artillary shells occasionally) coming from the skyā€¦

1 Like

Haha! Very witty, Lord Shutaq.

Oh, ladies and gentlemen!
Now you have another example of typical Caldari extremist and why you donā€™t really should waste time on negotiations. Thatā€™s what they say when they are cornered by facts. Load your autocannons, your artillery and make sure there will be no people like Kim-baka left alive.

Good luck!

(See what I did there Kimmy? Youā€™re welcome.)

2 Likes

Amusing seeing you try to copy what I said - but, unfortunately, your words are just empty vibrations in the air. I build my replies based on facts (and thatā€™s how I annoy such incompetent screamers like you), and you - just on your rabid hatred. I am pretty sure you didnā€™t even try to understand majority of what Iā€™ve been speaking, not even checking facts - as it was expected, just seeing in me enemy to practise your minmatar yelling skills at.

And speaking about facts, last time I saw you on grid you ran away from Caldari superiority like a typical minmatar coward.

Well, come here if youā€™ll dare, it would be amusing if Iā€™ll capture you alive, maybe some vitoc shots will make you into a semblance of a human being. And if not, well, at least that will stop you from shouting hateful and ignorant nonsense on forums.

1 Like

Skewed, biased facts viewed from an ultra-nationalist point of view so twisted that nobody else in the cluster can truly comprehend itā€¦ but sure, factsā€¦

3 Likes

Miss Jenneth,

From the outset here, it has become apparent to me that regardless of what I might say, others will as they already have, try to construct out of me an effigy and strawman they can set alight in the pursuit of their own narratives. There is to be no discussion here, there is no seeking to view the other parties as human beings ā€“ there is only the harangue of others.

Do I have a view on the Caldari, the Minmatar, or the Amarr? Of course, I do, and I remain more than open to discuss honestly and openly with such baseliners in the pursuit of further knowledge and insight which I can only hope will gain me a better perspective on such cultures and societies. However, so far as I have ascertained, talk in good faith is not something capsuleers desire. If I am going to be stereotyped regardless, just to fit whatever narrative capsuleers have of the Federation or Gallentean society resulting from their perfervid ignorance, then they should have no complaints if I play the part to extract my own measure of satisfaction.

Because as far as Iā€™m concerned, capsuleers here seem to exist in some state of gross cognitive dissonance when it regards the Federation. A case in point? Here many try their hardest to on the one hand imply how weak the Federation is, such as saying it is ruled by unruly mobs, or is decadent and hedonistic, yet on the other hand rail against how much of a threat the Federation is, how imperialistic its culture and objectives remain. Now taken to a logical conclusion, what capsuleers are saying is thus:

ā€œThe Federation is weak and a threat to our societies.ā€

Now that to me is just the kind of absurdity capsuleers seem all too willing to peddle as ā€œtruthā€. Honestly, how is the Federation supposed to be undertaking campaigns of cultural imperialism as some accuse it of, if in the same breath those same accusers imply it of being so weak, and so ineffectual that it could not carry out such a campaign? How can the Federation ā€œoppressā€ anyone if it does not have the strength or power to oppress anyone?

You call me arrogant?

The State was arrogant when it thought it could invade the Federation in Luminaire.

The Empire was arrogant when it thought could invade the Federation in Ratilose.

The Republic was arrogant when it thought it could invade the Federation in Colelie.

Their arrogance was all the same, that the Federation was weak and ineffectual, that Gallenteans are pushovers, yet it was their fleets and not the Federationā€™s that were kicked right back to their borders like dogs with their tails stuck between their legs. If capsuleer pundits here on IGS want to live in their delusional fantasy lands as regards the Federation, then that is their own prerogative, but if their own arrogance leads them to want to make an enemy out of those in the Federation, then they should not complain when it is repaid in kind.

1 Like

Just ignore her. Really, Tyrel, itā€™s the only sane way to deal with her.

1 Like

That you infer an assertion of weakness in my use of the term ā€˜unruly mobā€™ isā€¦ interesting. Have you ever been on the receiving end of an unruly mob? ā€˜Weakā€™ is hardly the adjective Iā€™d use for them. ā€˜Terrifyingā€™ maybe, or ā€˜easily fomented to violenceā€™, but never ā€˜weakā€™. An unruly mob is like a lakeā€¦ it may look placid, but give it the right pushā€¦ a surge here, or a collapsed bank thereā€¦ and it will destroy everything in its path, unyielding, unstoppable, until its energy is spent.

Thatā€™s hardly ā€˜weakā€™.

That was not an invasion. It was an incursion. And no, it was not born of arrogance, but of rage and a lack of restraining leadership. It was born of, in that moment, being an unruly mob, a situation borne of grief, of anger, of a need to act and a lack of guidance in how to do so. Was it our most diplomatic moment? Uhhhhhmmmā€¦ no. Not even close. But it also wasnā€™t arrogance. It wasnā€™t a sense of ā€˜we are better than you, therefore we will do thisā€™. It was borne of utter, incoherent, ragged pain.

3 Likes