Ad Fidem Ex Industria - Some personal thoughts

You chose well when you associated yourself with The Society.

They are in the main ‘good people.’ ‘We’ believe, that each person finds there own path. Like you, I may not always agree, but do not always judge.

However, remember when interacting with our Imperial friends that you had the choice, the ‘free will’ to choose. Others are not afforded that courtesy.

Always remember who you are.

6 Likes

Well said, and ya I couldn’t agree more on the last point.

1 Like

The question of slavery is absolutely unimportant, since it’s just internal Imperial matter how to treat their criminals. And speaking about the moral side of the problem - for Gallente Citizens in particular, poking other societies simply on slavery, while their own government creates hidden prisons to torture, starve, beat, rape - not even criminals but prisoners of war, putting them into exploding cells - that would be the most disgusting example of hypocrisy.

How dare they blame the Empire in slavery - which is, technically, forcing criminals to work, while they themselves treat them times worse?

I believe the best way to feel that is to put together a random minmatar slave from the Empire to caldari PoW from the Federal prison camp, and I tell you, when you will see these people, you definitely will prefer to be enslaved by Amarr than being put into Gallente prison camp.

I believe enslaving innocents is against Imperial law, you’re looking more at Blood Raiders, Sansha or Angel Cartel who will enslave anyone.

1 Like

Enslaving innocents is not against Imperial law. Their entire system is based on the enslavement of Innocents. The Amarr do to my people what you claim the Galente do to yours.

That’s incorrect. Please refer to Imperial lawyer for clarification when a subject can be enslaved. I am willing to bet 100m isk an “innocence” will not be among enslaving criteria.

Neither is criminality.

There is a number of crimes committing which is punished by enslavement in the Empire, so this is wrong as well. For a list of such offenses consult with Imperial lawyer.

So, it is illegal in the Empire to take new slaves unless they are either convicted criminals or, as I understand, prisoners of war. That doesn’t mean innocent people aren’t taken as new slaves, but it is illegal.

That said, this has only been the case in the last hundred years, and the vast majority of slaves in the Empire have committed no crime, but are the descendants of those who were enslaved for no reason other than that they were not True Amarr.

So Cmdr. Kim is correct in her assertion regarding who may be (legally) enslaved, but mistaken about the general composition of slaves in the Empire.

1 Like

Strictly, she’s not. A child born to slaves is not a slave until it is designated to be one. It is enslaved at birth, while innocent. Being a slave, like being nobility, is a legal status that must be conveyed upon someone. It is not a property of their physical existence, the way ‘blue-eyed’ or ‘dark-skinned’ would be.

I would say that is a matter of perspective, and that to the Amarr, their enslavement is merely an extension of their ancestor’s slavery, and not new slavery. They were enslaved, in this view, at the same time as their ancestors were, the fact that they were not born then is immaterial.

Obviously, most non-Amarr have a rather different perspective on this.

It’s not that they weren’t born then, they didn’t exist then. At all. So to say that they were already enslaved means that you’re effectively saying that you’ve already brought God’s Word to any stars that might be born from the gas clouds that will remain after Amarr’s sun explodes in several billion years.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.