Adam4EVE.eu - Market stats & graphs

@Ethan02 getting this when tryign to access to site, not sure if you are aware

For the first time in 8 years of A4E I had a critical database issue that required a restore of a backup. This was however in DEV and I was indeed not aware (anymore) that PRD had a connect to that DEV instance and would be affected by the restore. Thank for reporting! :+1:

Should be all good again.

1 Like

All good :slight_smile:

@Ethan02 ssl cert has expired and the filter form on margin finder is not working.

1 Like

Fixed, thanks

Dear @Ethan02

thank you so much for hosting your project for us :raised_hands:

My feedback would be that certain input fields such as on the landing page itself or the market order page require a drop-down item to be selected, even when the commodity is inputted correctly, else the system defaults to a defaul item (PLEX) or no item at all. The workflow now goes as follows:

• Enter Item
  • Select Item from dropdown list
  • Navigate to and click the rather tiny ā€˜Set filtersā€™ button

The commodity details page however accepts a correctly written item without the need to click on the dropdown and ā€˜select commodityā€™ or ā€˜set filtersā€™.

My feedback would be to have all input fields work that way: Input an item & press enter. That would also greatly increase productivity on mobile frontends since dropdowns arenā€™t too finger-friendly :wink:

Keep up the great work! :guardparrot:
IImari

1 Like

https://www.adam4eve.eu/commodity.php?typeID=44992&regionID=10000002&avg=0&from=2003-10-01&until=

I would like to see log scale for long term charts and more aggregated data points, for example, weekly and monthly data points rather than just daily.

Also, a button for simple backdating to the ENTIRE time series start and end dates.

Hi there,
thanks for the feedback.

Most of the time Iā€™ve been too lazy to implement the code to check if the entered text is a valid item upon submit. However I get your point and as youā€™ve pointed out, I have already coded it. Thus ā€œjustā€ a matter to hook it to other input fields.

Will keep it in mind during the currently re-coding. Feel free to hit me with a stick, if you see such an input field in DEV.

Again, greatful for the feedback!

1 Like

Log scale: Interesting thought. Would need to experiment with that. Not out of the question but not near future. Too full ToDo list.

Aggregated data: I am rolling around the idea in my head if i aggregated the data in the database after a certain time, just to save space and improve performance. However Iā€™m really bad at throwing away data.
On the other hand on the presentation layer not displaying daily data but weekly if the selected timespan is large, would be rather easy. However it would take away the chance to zoom in on an interesting detail. Thus Iā€™d need to implement a method that loads detailed data if zoomed in, which is more of a challenge (for me, since JavaScript fiddling). Therefore again, not on an immediate ToDo slot.

Button to select entire available time frame: Easy, will implement on DEV

Thanks for the suggestions! :sparkling_heart:

Hi! I want to say you VERYTHANK YOU for this!

1 Like

Just got my first good look at the site, very impressive in how deep the data is. This is where I finally found market data going back more than 12 months, and it was very informative, especially with the world having gone crazy the past two years. Thank you

1 Like

Hi, Site is very slow today both in Chrome and Firefox. I get the main page but have not yet been able to get into any other pages

EDIT: this seems to be working now, must have been my end

Totally possible at the beginning of the month where monthly full backups are running.

1 Like

Hey, well done on all this work. Iā€™m new and have been trying to get my head around how best to use the tool.

Iā€™ve been looking at the margin finder, and the Buy Price and Sell Price seems to sometimes choose the wrong listing. In the screenshot example, it finds highest Buy Price (correct), but also the highest Sell Price (instead of the lowest sell price). Other items can be a bit random - i.e. one thatā€™s half way down the list, even though the listings above it might be a few days old.

Iā€™ll post the second screenshot in another post as I can only post one due to being a new userā€¦

Hope this is useful - thanks again.

I do all my trading and manufacturing in Amarr, and cant find a place to set a lot of the pages to amarr, they appear to all be based on Jita data, is there something Iā€™ve missed as far as setting it to always default to amarr or is it an option that could be put in, not everyone lives in JIta.

Hi there, sorry, been on vacation. For most tools you should be able to select the major trade hubs. Do you have an example, where you miss that option?

As of yet, there is no ā€œuser profileā€ where you can set your preferred trade hub, thus Jita/Perimeter is the default and you need to set it to Amarr every time. Sorry.

I could be just blind, but on the Contract Details page, thereā€™s no where to put in a contract ID. There just seems to be some default ID hardcoded in (I believe it to be the most recently issued Contract).

The ā€œHelpā€ graphic does not provide additional information.

There is no UI to input a contract ID, since this page is mainly accessed via the entries returned by the ā€œContract Profitā€ page. But its a good point Iā€™ll take to the ToDo list.

Nevertheless you can enter a contract ID via the URL as ā€œidā€ parameter:
/contract.php?id=<contract_id>

For example: https://www.adam4eve.eu/contract.php?id=183976872

Excellent! Thank you!