ADC Mining barge + Orca Triage or PANIC module

Buffer tank is generally better than active tank because ganks happen so quickly. Thus, you’ll generally get more EHP out of a straight buffer tank, than would be repaired by an active tank over the course of a gank. And, I haven’t looked at every possible scenario, but generally speaking, you need to have a crap ton of logi on field (i.e. an incursion logi squad), before remote reps become more important than having a good buffer tank. Thus, “swapping a local tank bonus for a remote rep bonus” would probably be worse for fleet survivability. Maybe if you fit a bunch of remote reps to your orca, and pre-locked the fleet, things might work out, but it’s going to come at the cost of links and/or the industrial core.

Send, you do realize that the orca pilot can already chose to use active shielding charges, which boost remote reps, right?

Third, the barges don’t need more survivability. And I maintain that anyone who says otherwise has made some bad analysis. Here’s a link to where I go over some fits, as well as provide a short spreadsheet of t2 cats required tank various barges with various fits.

Fourth, why do so many people say that they’re not trying to kill ganking, while proposing changes that will effectively kill ganking and/or make themselves immune to it?

Like, you do understand that this is, for all intents and purposes, indistinguishable from an I-win button right? I haven’t done the math, but If orcas had it, they could get somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 million EHP. And barges and exhumers would likely see EHP’s from a couple hundred thousand to what an orca or a bowhead can currently get. So, did you not understand how powerful this would be? Or did you know, and think that that it would be good for the game?

Needless to say, I adamantly disagree with your analysis and your suggestions.

1 Like