Add Galaxy News Section in the Agency Window for Better RP Integration

I remember a long, long time ago, when I was a newbie, people actually talked about the world news in corp chat and occasionally even local and elsewhere. I remember this because my corpmates used to ask me about them since they knew I was a “lore buff”. While they weren’t dedicated roleplayers or read every chronicle out there, the in-character news still piqued their interest enough that they wanted to talk about them with me, and others. Back then, they were a part of the login/character selection screen, many people read them before properly logging in.

Nowadays you need to actually know where to find them if you want to read them because they are buried behind several clicks in a jungle of old and new web design, and in-character news are not part of the of the regular news feed any more. When you go to the main page, the news are here:

However, you will need to click the community button, then hover over news, then click news channels, and click once more to open world news to fnd the in-character news. Quite a far cry from how it used to be, and lots of clicking and having to actually know what you’re looking for, as linked in the OP.

I wholeheartedly endorse this topic and its suggestion.

5 Likes