Add Galaxy News Section in the Agency Window for Better RP Integration

+1 harmless and beneficial!

4 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™d absolutely love this~

When I got into EVE, the main page still had links to the backstory area, but even that is gone entirely now; and without anything ingame to tell players ā€œhey, hereā€™s the story!ā€, theyā€™ll never find it unless they take the initiative to start searching for themselves.

A section in the Agency dedicated to surface-level (and maybe deeper) lore for the factions in the game (i.e. empires, Triglavians, pirate factions, SoE, Drifters), one thatā€™d have the actual text and information in the game client, would be phenomenal.

Having further links tot he EVE fiction site (or maybe even just the site, whichs format I still prefer tbh) would allow players to delve into it all at their own pace.

Any feature that gives players a way to find their way into any niche they might feel an affinity to - and participate in - can only help the game as a whole~

5 Likes

I really like this! The nameā€™s no good, though,
because itā€™s a cluster of systems and not actually a galaxy.

Yeah I just had to.

Sorry. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

XD Yeah, no worries, the name is a working title, just a suggestion. :wink:

1 Like

Working on a little something now, inspired by this post - Iā€™m concepting out a whole tabpage for Lore in the agency, to show off what it might be able to do really well~

3 Likes

Oh nice! Looking good already!

Yes, it would be nice for an eventual Lore section of the Agency, to have a sub page for news and another sub page for Lore introduction (links to the Fiction Portal an so on), then a sub page for Roleplay first steps introduction (where dedicated guides from the devs and community would be linked), etc.

1 Like

Shouldnā€™t we tag some devs?

And to think why did I decide to take a break from the game just recently. No one really leaves EVE for long, right? :slight_smile: I will be away for some time though. Need to get my stuff together.

But yeah, we can totally tag some devs.

@CCP_karkur @CCP_Falcon, hey folks! We have gathered here and are discussing an idea about some nice addition to the Agency - for ingame news, lore and Roleplay introduction. So far everyone likes the idea. We even got a concept image and a small poll with 100% votes ā€œYesā€. So we are curious to hear your thoughts on the matter. I know it is annoying to demand new stuff so early after the Agency overhaul, but this one is good, I promise.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s actually quite the achievement. : D

2 Likes

Heheh, thanks! Now that you point it out, it cannot be unseen. It is a good thing. I am not taking full credit for this, it is a collective thing. But yeah, we all would love to have this implemented ingame and it will be really beneficial for newcomers.

1 Like

A discussion in Discord reminded me of this thread, and this still needs to happen, in some shape or form.

4 Likes

This definitely still needs to happen.

3 Likes

@CCP ANYBODY, really.

And hey, @CCP_Fozzie, @CCP_rise, @CCP_Lebowski, @CCP_Larrikin - if you guys are looking for ways to improve retention, this would help with that. People stay in EVE because they connect with other people. They canā€™t go connecting with other people if they donā€™t know where to look. Telling them whoā€™s out there, doing what for how many cookies will only help them stay around. Give them stories to hook into, to get interested in.

5 Likes

This needs to get more attention

1 Like

Definitely!

Good and engaging gameplay is essential for the playerbase, but it has to be built and wrapped around a good and compelling story. If the story is more easily accessible, that would keep the players engaged for much longer. And they will have one more solid sense of purpose in the game.

Diving into roleplay and seeing that one can really have an impact on the story even with a post on the forums is something that even a brand new player should be able to see and understand. If we have more tools that make that easier, it would be really cool and the Agency is a perfect platform for that.

This would give players an incentive to be creative and make an impact.

1 Like

Given the seemly support of the new hangar sounds post, and after reading though some of the comments in that I am sure a lot of people even none-roleplayers would love this feature

5 Likes

I can only speak for myself.

I was a rookie, tentatively returning after an abortive trial period, when I discovered the in-universe news.

I decided to read it to pass the time while mining in my Navitas, and stumbling across a couple of headlines got me instantly hooked.

Saving me from my mining Navitas might be significant, but what really matters is Iā€™m still playing EVE on a daily basis, on my first (and main) character over ten years later.

Put it in the Agency window!

4 Likes

I actually think that another good place to put RP news is the new EVE Portal app.

Both the Agency and EVE Portal app are really good places where news can be displayed. :heart: :rocket: :four_leaf_clover:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.