Add RIG slots to Freighters and Jump Freighters, CCP time to add?

didn’t know freighters original had rigs slots, must of been while I was away from the game for a while.

though it seems odd they thought it had a lack of customization?!

even just mounting an Anti-EM reinforced I is a huge customization, 30% EM resistance, that’s nothing to be sad about (unless of cause you’re a ganker)

and then the Astronautic rigs are a huge benefit with alignment times and speeds, weren’t these available back then?

Polycarbon Engine Housing II +6.6% velocity -11% inertia Mod
Low Friction Nozzle Joints II -14% inertia Mod
Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II +25% Warp Speed Bonus (acceleration too)

these are just a few that I could see as a huge benefit for a hauler.

to me it seems this removal of rig slots from the freighters and JP needs to be revisited.

1 Like

Once a rig is mounted, it can only be removed by destroying it. That makes them almost completely static, without destroying the rigs.

They were changed in Kronos and here’s the main thread, including support from the community for the change:

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=345280

2 Likes

That isn’t customization, it’s a buff to freighters and a nerf to suicide ganking. And this makes it pretty obvious what your real goal here is.

2 Likes

from what I see it was a case of rig slots offered only at the time and replaced with with lowslots.

I’m guessing you can see the benefit of having both the existing lowslots and adding back in the old RIGslots.

I can see why the RIG’s were removed in favor of adding in lowslots, but think it might have been a bit short-sighted not to consider the benefits of having both.
Yes you’d still be limited by the RIG install options (as noted in the OP), but when combined with modules mounted in the lowslots you have a large customization options.

Cargohold Optimatation II drawback countered by Layered Plating II would be one of the best options.

I’m just wondering has CCP ever thought about it as a option for these ships. I’m not asking for a complete redesign, just what if!

1 Like

are you saying gankers can’t think of new tactics to gank?

are they only possible of using the EM damage tactic?

surely hope not, as that means there’s an issue in the gankers tactics which is a bigger issue than adding a anti-EM reinforcer to a ship.

The problem is that all haulers need a complete redesign.
Hauling should be fun, not afk bots using wtz.
Ganking should also be fun, not blink and you miss it.

The entire interaction currently is boring. And that’s the real issue

2 Likes

Why should they have to come up with new tactics? You are asking for a buff to freighters and a nerf to ganking and you have done absolutely nothing to justify it.

1 Like

true that.

the number of times I’ve flown then, I’ve thought if I could just improve the acceleration or increase the warp to get the flight over with.

I love these ships, but you can’t make them faster or any more tanker with just lowslot modules that are limited be a very low CPU and power grid. hence the suggestion of adding the rigs back in.

1 Like

ok here’s a question for you, why shouldn’t gankers be forced to change their tactics and come up with better methods of ganking?

CCP has already changed the bumping tactic, and some gankers have adapted to that change, why not make other changes to make the gankers work on new tactics and play styles to get the gank?

same old tactics and play style gets boring after a while. a change makes things interesting, get the grey matter working.

You don’t understand how this works. You are the one lobbying for a change, you have to prove why it is necessary. You don’t get to say “why shouldn’t I get my change” and expect everyone to justify their opposition.

1 Like

easy to make the use of freighter and Jump freighters more enjoyable to play, to make gankers work a little harder to get those 30bil cargo loot from a gank.

more effort for reward.

with rigslot freighters gankers will never be fully sure of what the fit is till they get the kill.
it could be a improved maneuverability, speed modied freighter
it could be a heavy armor resist tank or HP tank
it could even be a high shield resist tank or a mixed resist/HP shield tank.
it could be a super cargo hauler with cargo expanders and cargo optimization rigs

as you can see there are heaps of possible options, and gankers won’t know until they target what they have in their sights.

it could open up the option of anti-ganker fleets using heavy tanked freighters to bait ganker fleets, there a so many possible options, who knows maybe some ganker fleets might turn into anti-ganker fleets with this tactic!?

1 Like

But why should it require more effort to get the reward? You haven’t done anything to establish that a change is necessary, you’ve just taken it for granted that you deserve a buff and wasted a bunch of time arguing about the exact form it should be delivered in.

1 Like

to address the unspoken CCP concern of Freighters transporting capital ships through Highsec.

all that would be required is to tick the box to disallow capital ship transportation as cargo. yes is would be possible with cargo expanders and optimizers. and we all know CCP doesn’t want capitals in highsec.

ok why should it be easy to gank?

you have someone that has spent lots of effort to get and fly a freighter and even more for a jump freighter to have a group of low skilled alpha players gank a ship that costs more in isk and time to get.

there should be effort required to gank a good fitted freighter.

I agree if it’s a poorly fitted freighter it should be ganked just to remind them you can’t just skill inject into it and not fit it correctly.

The ship you want is the DST, oh wait, that’s right, it’s not the biggest therefore based on limited cognitive skills it cannot possibly be the best.

1 Like

That’s not how it works. You are the one lobbying for a change, you have to justify the need for it.

you have someone that has spent lots of effort to get and fly a freighter and even more for a jump freighter to have a group of low skilled alpha players gank a ship that costs more in isk and time to get.

And now you finally drop the dishonest pretense of “customization” and reveal your actual motives: you are highsec trash demanding “just one more small nerf to PvP”. Sorry, but the reality is that successfully ganking a freighter flown by a smart player is extremely difficult. Learn some responsibility, keep your cargo value low enough to not be a profitable target, and stop demanding nerfs to compensate for your inability to follow basic rules of self defense.

1 Like

LOL you have no idea of what I do, yes I go in to highsec, but not highsec based.

yes I have had dealing with gankers in highsec and lowsec, and yes in transporters (DST and BR)
and freighters.

I do PVP but not a Zkills fanboy and don’t care about Zkill ratings like others seem to be.

10 v 1 is easy? Why should anyone survive 10 v 1?

1 Like

10 frigates with weapons vs 1 capital size ship with passive defense and no counter attack…

…lets think about that?

1 Like

Oh FFS, do you honestly think that is a compelling argument? Obviously you can come up with a 10v1 where the single player wins, but only by restricting what the 10 players can bring. Give everyone free choice of ships and the 10 win almost every time.

1 Like