Additional reward for completing all five daily missions

Dude, enough with your BS replies… You misunderstood the original idea and posted issues based on that misunderstanding, then posted a solution for those issues which, compared to the OP’s original idea, basically proposes a completely different idea for Daily Goals..

Is that strange, considering I want daily challenges to go the opposite way the OP suggested?

Then post your own thread proposal on that topic…

Now good-bye//

I think this thread was fitting, as my own suggestion was only a small part of the feedback I gave on this topic.

The main part of my feedback was meant to explain what I think are flaws with the OPs suggestion, which doesn’t really fit a new thread.

And bye, I guess!

1 Like

You must be new in gaming communities.

If you give players optional reward then two things will happen:

  1. Either the reward is too small so everyone will ignore it.
  2. Or the reward is good enough in which case completing all tasks becomes a “must have”. But since completing them all is so time consuming everyone will hate it and complain about it.

There is no middle ground. It doesn’t matter that it is optional, if it is good enough players will see optional as mandatory, and if it is too hard then they will hate that they “have” to do it.

Maybe in some relaxing games like Hello Kitty Online something like this could work, but not in EVE.

4 Likes

Your post is just pure conjecture based on personal bias opinion…

Bias how? I am not minmaxer myself, I wouldn’t see it that way. But majority of the players would. I have experiences with this thanks to running my own multiplayer CRPG server.

BTW I used to post under @Vokan_Narkar, lost access to that character on forum as he was biomassed for few years already and forums finally decided it is time to show the replacement character I have on this account when I was logging back after few months of inactivity.

Totally agree with Honzas here.

Also think it’s worth adding that you do get rewards for completing more than the 2 required dailies. All the dailies give you half million ISK and 500 Evermarks. Fortunately this is below the limit most people think is essential, and thus most people ignore them.

But rest assured you are rewarded for doing all 5 daily tasks and I think the reward for that is about right.

3 Likes

Have a good day.
I think in your answer you pointed out the two basic extremes of any gaming experience in Eve. These extremes also apply to everyday missions now. They relate more to the routine of the tasks themselves. Coming up with non-routine daily tasks is a slightly different idea.

Anyway, there are many players who do what is convenient for them, simply because they are used to some content or they did not like this or that content in eve sometime. But the game is changing, and good rewards can spur them to rediscover certain content in the game. In a game where, in my opinion, there are not enough people.

1 Like

If you create an additional (good) reward for completing ALL daily tasks

  • pilots will be pushed to discover new content

  • gamer will stay in the game longer time

  • it will make Eve more diverse and interesting
    (you can also make a second strip when once a month you close all 5 daily tasks for 10 consecutive days without skipping and get a better reward)

p.s. - I have alot of such ideas but seems posted this one in a wrong place and one pilot advise me proper place to post my ideas so i am doing it=)

2 Likes

10 consecutive days?

You assume that players get motivated by harder longer chores.

A few players might, but you also risk pushing a number players too hard which might let them not care at all anymore, which is counterproductive for the purpose of dailies.

Or worse, you risk designing content which is simply inaccessible for many players. For example a design of rewarding 10 consecutive days is not accessible for a player who has a day in the week they cannot play, which I assume is not an uncommon thing amongst players. Many of us are adults with responsibilities and possibly hobbies outside EVE.

Likewise ‘completing ALL daily tasks’ already is impossible for many of the tasks which are limited to one particular part of space, such as ‘gaining LP’.

Such a single task works when people can pick their own challenges from a larger list and are able to ignore the ones they cannot do, but your design becomes inaccessible for many when players have to complete all challenges.

This idea has some major flaws.

Dailies, in order to fulfill their main task of encouraging players to log in daily, have to be accessible and simple. Your ideas do the opposite. They alienate many players with inaccessible dailies in order for a few players to get more rewards out of them.

1 Like

All of the dailies were designed for high sec, with the exception of maybe one…

1 Like

Conjecture based on your own personal bias opinion..

In case you don’t know, this thread is not in General Discussion forum..

Once again the main point of posting ideas for Eve changes is to receive feedback that will refine the original idea and hopefully make it better…

Basically the feedback replies should reveal any unconsidered / overlooked negative issues in the original idea and provide some positive suggestions to possibly help resolve those issues…

If the original idea is not compatible and can’t be integrated into Eve, then the feedback replies should give reasons due to current game mechanics of why the idea can’t be implemented…

After the original idea is refined with no implementation issues, the idea should then be reposted as a ‘Proposal’ in this sub-forum where players, CSM members and CCP/FC Devs can review it and vote ‘Yea / Nay’ on the proposal…

At least the OP and I are talking about the topic.

You keep repeating nonsense, telling me I should not post here as some policeman, as if forums outside the General Discussion are not fit for discussion. This entire forum is a forum for interaction between players as far as I know. And if someone shares an idea with the CSM I too am allowed to share my idea on that idea.

Unlike you I am giving feedback to the idea and I am revealing unconsidered overlooked negative issues in it.

And my feedback to the idea stays the same:

Any attempt to make the daily challenges longer or harder is counterproductive for the main purpose of daily challenges.

The purpose of daily challenges is to encourage more players to interact with the game daily by minimizing the threshold for players to start playing the game. Dailies do so by rewarding the players for doing a minimal task each day that hopefully aligns with their regular gameplay, so that a player is most likely to put logging in and playing into their routine.

Adding more tasks or tasks that don’t align with gameplay or creating longer tasks throws up additional barriers to complete these daily rewards. This increases the threshold to complete the dailies and increases the threshold to play the game instead of reducing it. It reduces daily engagement with the game instead of increasing it.

From the perspective of a player who would do the dailies even if they were lengthened I totally understand the request to add more dailies and better rewards. This seems only to add positive things!

But that’s not the only perspective. The game population is larger that that and it also has players who do not do dailies because the threshold is too high, like myself, and players who currently are doing dailies but will be unable to do dailies when they need “10 consecutive days” or “gain LP” in situations where they don’t have the entire week to play or live in a part of space without LP.

As someone who already stopped trying to keep up with EVE’s dailies as their threshold is too high, I totally see how the proposed changes will put more people in my position on dailies. EVE’s dailies already have an accessibility issue compared to other games and the proposed changes make this issue worse.

So, from the perspective of the larger game population the suggested changes likely alienate a larger selection of players than before, which is detrimental for the only reason dailies exist.

If you wish to have longer bigger grinds in the game, don’t look for it in daily challenges but look for it elsewhere in the game mechanics. Why not grind some missions or asteroid belts once you’ve completed your dailies?

Why not play the game once you’re done with your dailies?

1 Like

The majority of your long winded rant is just BS trying to enforce your own personal bias opinion as statement of fact..

More BS from you… You keep trying to belittle the OP into changing his original idea for a completely different one whereas I actually posted feedback that pertained to helping his original idea…

1 Like

Let’s assume you did want to engage in an honest debate without calling the list of arguments I gave for my opinion a ‘long winded rant’ or ‘BS’:

What do you think is the purpose of daily challenges in a game?

And as a followup question:

How do you think the design of daily challenges accomplishes their goal in EVE?

You do know you can spend EverMarks to auto-complete up to 2 dailies a day, right?

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing…

The use of EverMarks makes it extremely easy to complete all of the Daily Goals…

I think I should address the actual op now.
I wouldn’t mind extra bonuses for doing all of the dailies every day if we were allowed to blacklist some.
I, frankly, have no interest in manufacturing stuff right now, and I don’t want to be forced to for a daily reward track.

That still doesn’t fix the problematic design of requiring ‘10 consecutive days’ for someone who cannot play every day of the week.

Do you know which players have plenty of EverMarks?

Those who do dailies.

It just happens that the players who find daily challenges too much of a chore also get significantly less EverMarks than you do.

At a cost of 2500 evermarks to complete a daily and a reward of 500 per daily you need to do dailies for 5 days to get one day free. In other words you can only get 20% bonus dailies compared to the dailies you do, which is not a lot and not what I would call ‘extremely easy’.

1 Like