Advice on sub 1mil SP Stabber fit?

Hi all, I’m looking for some advice on fitting my T1 Stabber for moving into Lv3 missions in high sec.

I’ve been using it for about a week, total play time about a month on alpha, just gone Omega today. My play style for PVE seems to favour Arty over AC, with missiles and drones to increase DPS with my low skills. The 1212 alpha damage does seem to work well against Lv2 cruisers in missions though, the ROF on both missiles and arty is comfortably under 10 seconds.
If frigates get under my guns I am relying on the drones to take care of me though.

Anything you guys would change? Or think I have completely wrong? I’ve got it too 200dps without overheat, was a bit disappointed at first with it as at low skills, the Thrasher seems to put out more DPS.

I’ve got both extenders and a shield booster which I know is frowned upon, but I cant fit any other passive tank modules and the booster doesn’t take up too much power. I do have to pulse it on and off and only use it in emergencies though.

Medium Anti Thermal Screen Reinforcer 1
Medium Anti EM Screen Reinforcer 1
Medium Bay Loading Accelerator 1

650mm Med Scout Artillery 1 (republican phased plasma)
650mm Med Scout Artillery 1
“Arblast” Heavy Missile Launcher 1 (Gurista Inferno Missile)
“Arblast” Heavy Missile Launcher 1

Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field 1
Medium Converse Deflective Catalyzer
5MN Quad Lit Restrained Micro Warp Drive

Mark 1 Compact Reactor Control Unit
Mark 1 Compact Reactor Control Unit
Compact Gyrostabiliser 1
Compact Gyrostabiliser 1

x5 Warrior 1

Thanks Again, J.

A couple of suggestions, the first being to switch the Loading Accelerator rig for a Burst Aerator or Collision Accelerator rig, because projectiles are your primary weapon, best to use modules that enhance them over a secondary weapon system.

I’m assuming you’ve gone with the missile rig due to power grid issues. So the second suggestion is to train up the Weapons Upgrades skill to 5, so that then you can train Advanced Weapon Upgrades (to IV as a start), which will reduce power grid requirements for all weapon types. Also if you haven’t already, look at putting levels into Power Grid Management (at least to 4) to increase available power. These skills will help with all ships/fits so no harm training them up asap.

Then you’ll be able to look at dropping one (if not both) of the Reactor Control Units, and add in another Gyrostabiliser. A damage control unit can be useful too as it just gives a big boost to EHP.

Finally, regarding rigs, ensure they match the incoming damage types you’ll be facing. It seems you’ve gone for an omni tank, which is good, but for PVE fitting ‘rat specific’ makes things easier. This will depend on what space you’re flying in though. If you’re in Caldari/Gallente space (for e.g.) you could replace the EM rig with a Kinetic rig and improve tank quite a bit, similarly with the Invuln, it could be replaced with a specific hardener.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for your advice, I’ll try a few of those things tonight :slightly_smiling_face:

J.

Appreciate your determination on trying level 3s with this ship, having full skills myself, I don’t see myself ever completing the hardest of lvl3 missions in a stabber, and its faction cousins, the thorax, omen and even caracal. What you could do though with 650mm is outrange the enemy so it is far from hitting you, making tank not a big requirement and instead go for republic fleet titanium sabot or depleted uranium, will full damage mods, an LSE with AB. Worst thing you can come into are missiles, so keep a dedicated Kinetic resist mod in cargo.

1 Like

The main advantages of the Stabber is speed and small signature - it’s hard to hit when moving quickly. It’s intended to use autocannons (hence the bonus to falloff). You will be better off switching the MWD for an AB - that way you can run it continuously and will be able to exploit the advantages of your ship.

Level 3 missions are intended to be run in a battlecruiser - the Stabber works best against frigates, and will take a long time to chew through battlecruisers and battleships! I recommend you consider the Gnosis or Hurricane which are much better suited to level 3 missions.

2 Likes

Good point. There are many Lvl 3 Security missions one can do in a Stabber, but the tougher ones like Angel Extravaganza bonus room will be much easier and less painful in a Hurricane. Or so I remember it from grinding a certain NPC corp standing - my Stabber (fleet issue even) did it all quite well, but for certain things I just had to swap in a bigger ship to survive the incoming fire without warping out in between.

1 Like

Couple things
Stabber is pretty bad artyboat since it has limited powergrid, its better suited for autocannons due to speed and easier power requirements.
You have only frigate sized 5mn MWD, you should use 10mn afterburner instead, until you have higher skills mwd will destroy your cap.
Also for missioning i dont really recommend resistance rigs, you want to target the damage profile of enemies with 2 active hardeners and use rigs for something else.
You can easily save powergrid by using smaller missiles also you dont really benefit much dps from secondary unbonused weaponsystem.
Passive tanked stabber or rupture is easy boat to start with if you want something easy to use, shield purger rigs, large shield extender as you have, 2 active shield hardeners, and maybe 2 shield power relays to lowslots with 2 gyros.

Unless you are fully commited to guns Id say that the Bellicose with HML + TP(s) would make a much better L3 mission runner.

Dropping that and moving on toy our Stabber.

• Like someone already suggested, the dmg rig should be for projectile damage (Id pick a burst to avoid overkilling things).

• Id switch those HMLs for LML. Sure, less damage but much better applicaion and it would probably let you drop one if not both reactors.

• lose the LSE for a rep amp (if you still want to use that mid for tank). Would further help in getting rid of those reactors.

• finally lose the reactors for something better. Preferable for things that helps in raw damage and/or application.

EDIT: Ops, just noticed the 5mn MWD. Thats a nogo. Its to small and will do nothing for you. make that a 50mn quad

EDIT 2: I think this is what I would do if I wanted a Stabber in L3 as an alpha:

[Stabber, New Setup 1]
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
Fourier Compact Tracking Enhancer

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 50
Medium Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 50
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I

650mm Medium ‘Scout’ Artillery I, Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot M
Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile
Arbalest Compact Light Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Hobgoblin I x5

Hi.
Id like to say the stabber gives bonus to falloff so Id fit it with AC not Arts. Its more viable. Low slot gyros and tracking enhance maby. Mid for shields. An AB should be good since the stabber is an agile ship

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.