Drone Link Augmentor I

Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium EM Shield Reinforcer I

Hobgoblin I x5

Phased Plasma M x5000
EMP M x10160
Fusion M x5000

It’s for level 2-3 missions, and supposed to be cheap and stuff. How is it?

1 Like

Welcome to Eve…
Here’s the basic ship class per mission level ratio…

Level 1 = Frigate / Destroyer
Level 2 = Cruiser
Level 3 = Battlecruiser
Level 4 = Battleship

As for your fit, try to get T2 mods asap. I’d use a large shield extender instead of 2 Med extenders, that’ll free up a mid slot to fit a resistance mod. Can also swap out the MWD for an Afterburner to help reduce your ship signature and Cap usage, probably can then get rid of the Battery. Lastly those Arty’s require much more fitting need’s than Autocannons, swap those out and get more PG / CPU available to fit mods. Those changes probably free up PG so you won’t be needing the Ancillary rigs.

Phased Plasma is good, with T2 guns I mostly use Republic Fleet Phased Plasma, it does a little bit more damage to Med size hulls, I usually first use Barrage for distance to take out the Small NPC ships, then switch to RFPP ammo for the Med NPC ships, then switch to Hail and launch my Drones to take out the Large NPC ships

Anyway, here’s an old PvE Stabber fit of mine for reference…

Cap stable with all mods active, basically it’s a Brawler fit, get up close on your targets and fire everything…

Also can cut the amount of ammo in half, give your cargo-hold room to collect up loot…

2 Likes

Not much I can add to @DeMichael_Crimson’s answer. There’s a lot of good advice there.

I’ve flown an Artillery Rupture in missions - some time ago - and it was the same headache as the Railgun Moa. Tracking was a nightmare. If something small, frigate sized, gets close medium artillery is going to struggle to hit it.
The annoyance with a shield fitted ship is that the usual dirty fixes, Webifiers and Tracking Computers, take mid-slots off you.

An Autocannon fit, particularly of a Stabber which is intrinsically a lot faster than most, will serve you well.

Train to fit T2 tank and weapons - the improvement is substantial and well worth the cost.

Also, Minmatar ships are often fitted with two weapon systems - projectile and missiles because of the turret/launcher limits. It’s just the way they are. A Rapid Light launcher is good since it applies well to frigates that your main battery may struggle against.

Aside: Shields are Weird. You normally fit a size up on the extenders and boosters. Medium on small hulls, Large on medium hulls, X-large on battleships.

Out of curiosity, where do you normally run your missions?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.