Aegis Militia activity in Mishi

Their titles do not reflect those privileges. If the Empress had wished to give them the rights and privileges of Holders, then they would be Holders of Providence. Not Wardens.

“Her Most Sublime and Imperial Majesty Catiz I, in recognition of 14 years of service to Holy Amarr in the Imperial Marches of Providence, is pleased to order that the Curatores Veritatis Alliance be accorded the status of Paladin Wardens of the Providence Marches. The style of Paladin Warden of Providence may be used by capsuleers of the Curatores Veritatis. The rank of Imperial Margrave is accorded to whosoever shall hold paramount leadership of the Curatores Veritatis, presently the Margrave Equinox Daedalus of the Providence Marches. So ordered in the Privy Council of Her Imperial Majesty Catiz I.”

According to Cardinal Sourem Itharen, the paramount rank of the Paladin Wardens of the Providence Marches is “Imperial Margrave.” If Her Most Sublime Majesty has not issued titles of Holding for the region of Providence, I would imagine it would have something to do with the ongoing piratical agitators who continue to wage wasteful, gruesome war upon the region’s rightful defenders—in so doing, likely causing the region to appear unstable to the Privy Council. I pray that the work of the Curatores Veritatis Alliance continues unabated in the face of the semantics and rhetoric flung at them by the likes of the disgraced emissary of an alliance that has fallen so far as to be declared traitorous by Paladin Warden Kyle Saltz, who clearly speaks on behalf of the Imperial Margrave of Providence.

If only the energy expended upon wordsmithing could instead be directed towards the total pacification of Providence, then the region may possibly come to enjoy elevation to the levels of the other regions of the Empire proper. But instead, you sow division on behalf of your superiors who so obviously serve the Deceiver.

The path to salvation is obvious. Use your words to convince your leadership of their obvious faults, Professor, then seek reconciliation, offer penance, attend cleansing pits, and atone so that on this Jubilee celebration the faithful can celebrate unity in the face of the Empire’s many external and internal threats.

6 Likes

Their titles absolutely represent those privileges. A prison warden is the head administrator of that prison. Similarly, the wardens of Providence are, according to the Empress, the head administrators of Providence—and that’s before getting into things like CVA’s leader being granted the rank of Margrave (Border Count), as Mr. Sakakibara reminds us.

2 Likes

:popcorn:

Also commending their great job defending an area that atleast used to get constantly patrolled for easy kills…

I concur Praefecta Strife and I was pleased to see Aegis Militia’s efforts to attack Blood Raiders and Triglavians. Unfortunately, however, as the subsequent comments in the thread shows, AM is “double downing” on its unfortunate Providence position rather than taking the diplomatic window afforded by such noble efforts in order to repair the myriad of causes of their various rifts in unity with the Empress, the Wardens of the Providence Marches and other faithful, such as Khimi Harar and the Praetoria.

2 Likes

Directrix, Aspenstar,

You need not fear that this is a one time occurrence. We will continue on serving the Empire to the best of our abilities against heretics, heathens, and traitors. It is our hope to do so beside such noble organizations as Khimi Harar. I hope that I have made clear our grievance with CVA, and how they sully the honor that was bestowed upon them by our empress. If further clarification in needed, I would be most honored to do so, either by receiving you and your noble diplomats, or by attending what ever venue you choose.

The problem is, speaking as a director of Khimi Harar, I’m just not very open to working with people attacking our allies and see CVA as an ally. I understand that you have issues with them, but the problem is that your issues don’t really have anything to do with the price of beans in Sasta.

You can attack CVA or you can be on good terms with the rest of the Amarr loyalists. You can’t really have both. If attacking CVA is that important to you, you’re likely just going to have to suck it up and deal with the animosity. If getting back into the good graces of the other Amarr is important to you, you’re gonna have to stop hitting CVA. You gotta make a choice.

7 Likes

Considering just how clearly things have been explained to you in this thread—and yet you continue to dig a deeper grave for yourself—I am beginning to have the sneaking suspicion you obtained your professorship from one of Hedion University’s unaccredited for-profit Galnet programs.

Totes in for that one.

I mean, isn’t that the whole point of civilization? To resolve disputes without having to resort to violence? It just strikes me as really weird for people to loudly declare that they are so very very committed to a specific social order, and that’s why they’re violating the rules of that social order and not working within it to resolve their differences.

You know?

1 Like

Director Culome,

While I am not sure why you have any interest in the mattar as both a heathen and a member of Privateer Capsuleer organization, to satisfy your curiosity, our differences with CVA are being handled via various fronts, with our operations in Providence perhaps being the most visible.

I would suggest that there are times that violence is required. You may wish to wake someone with a feather but they may only stir once you shake them.

However, I do agree insofar as you do not need to use a sledgehammer…

Oh, there’s a few reasons.

1. As a capsuleer organization that operates in nullsec[2], Aegis Militia is someone whose activities we seek to monitor and understand, just like we do everyone else out here.
  2. As your activities involve an ongoing conflict with one of the persistent sov-holders in null, and could easily conceivably[3] spiral into another PanFam/Legacy conflict, we pay attention.
  3. Probably most germane to this specific… well, not ‘question’, but statement of unsurety… You, Kithrus, and Kyle once again spilled it all out into a public discussion forum. I’m part of the public. I’m discussing[4].

1 - We’re not privateers. We operate under no letter of marque from any of the four empires to attack vessels flying the flags of their enemies. Some of our pilots would qualify as pirates, given Miniluv’s activities. More would qualify simply as members of a recognized sovereign entity who engage in a variety of activities in completely legal ways. We do, after all, pay our share of CONCORD’s operating costs, same as the empires do—it’s our so-called ‘Sov bill’. While I’m sure it’s a proportionately lower share than the empires pay, we also don’t ‘enjoy’ the full range of services CONCORD provides the empires. If they offered the full package, we might even pay that much. Who knows?
2 - Because, well, you do.
3 - It wouldn’t be an easy thing. Sure, Legacy and PanFam at this point more or less need less excuse to shoot one another than the ones you’re waving about here, but Legacy’s already involved in a war against FRT. And while the rest of PanFam might actually wind up helping them if it goes horribly enough for Fraternity, it almost certainly can’t go badly enough for Legacy that they’ll wind up fighting in Provi.
4 - And yes, I am still settling on exactly how I think the formatting for footnotes is best presented. I’d considered italics as well, but I’m just not really sure it adds anything as far as the distinction of ‘this is a footnote’, you know? See? Does that bit stand out better as a footnote? I don’t think so. Hmm. With or without the extra lines? I’m thinking ‘without’, really. Yeah, with the superscripted text, there’s enough spacing without the extra line insert. :+1: … omg, superscripted emoji. That’s adorable.

4 Likes

Director Culome,

Perhaps then I should to speak to you or any one in your organization in a more private and formal setting.

As to your footnotes, I admit that as an academic first and foremost, I appreciate your use of them.

Feel free. I don’t think you’re big enough for CD to bother talking to you, but I’m personally always willing to listen. If there’s something worth engaging with, I can take it to Mirana.

I merely suggest it as a way for you and/or your organization to gain a better understanding without having to rely on observation/ IGS interaction. I am always willing to answer questions.

Observations are more reliable than answers. People lie. Their actions don’t.

Very well. As it stands I and the Aegis Militia Diplomatic Corp. are always available to any questions.

This is the most important discussion here so far. I prefer italics myself…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.