AI AGENTS AND NPC

SMACK TALKING NPC AGENTS THAT CAN TALK BACK, and will react when you talk smack back before smacking umm!!! That and maybe interactive agents instead of wall of text, that’d be dope.

--------conversation in help chat-------------

ISD Triad > <url=showinfo:1373//333756121>Mad Raptor <url=showinfo:1373//815329919>Gallandir As fun as that might be, it might make local chat harder to parse, especially in high-sec systems with pirate Forward Operating Bases.

Mad Raptor > yup, the damsel, help, im trapped again!, rescue me, oh no, you shot my cargo container, whyy!!! gurgle

Vector Industries KOS-MOS > You’d be in your doom Corvette with some cargo and a Mostly Harmless Sidewinder shows up, scans you and is like ‘I AM TOTALLY TAKE YOU!!’ and then constantly says ‘This can stop if you drop 1T of cargo!’

Mad Raptor > <url=showinfo:1373//2117184935>ISD Triad a seperate window for smack talking npc ai

--------conversation in help chat ended-------------

2 Likes

Is there an actual suggestion in there?

That formatting is so messed up I’m not even trying to translate that into something readable.

uh, yea, smack talking NPC agents, it’s in the first line.

Oh here, just in case,

SMACK TALKING NPC AGENTS THAT CAN TALK BACK, and will react when you talk smack back before smacking umm!!! That and maybe interactive agents instead of wall of text, that’d be dope.

1 Like

Why? That would just make any interaction with them take longer.

I don’t care about them any farther than the details of the mission, which I can find on a mission report site. I’m already annoyed that I have to wait for the first mission accept/turn in to process before I can hit the next one in the stack of communications.

On top of that, NPCs are predictable. Talking sh*t to an NPC sounds about as exciting as watching paint dry or grass grow.

Could be fun. Some PVE sites already have an NPC announce something in local.

Since when does anyone look at what’s said in local? It’s a list of who is in system. Everything else is a scam, whine, or insult.

That’s applicable to Jita and maybe Amarr. Everywhere else, you are missing out.

been playing this game so long my oldest character is a legal adult in almost every country on Earth. Nah, I know exactly what I’m missing.

Wait… so is this suggestion basically that CCP assigns ChatGPT to build a lore & personality profile for every NPC so that they can dynamically talk to players? I know I’ve seen ChatGPT mods for NPCs in games like skyrim and private WoW servers, but I’m not sure how well EVE would handle it. I have to admit though, I have been waiting for a big MMO that has AI dynamic responses built in, so I can’t ridicule the idea.

You need to be realistic about this idea.

A game that is designed around this would be great, I agree. But slapping it into a game after the fact, specifically one as old as this one, is probably a bad idea. CCP can’t update its own code without breaking things, an adding outside code to Tranquility just brings headaches. Hell, the main reason why we don’t have an In Game Browser anymore is CCP couldn’t maintain it without breaking so much it that it was easier to disable it than update it.

I doubt that but this bitterness comes with the age, I know that. :slight_smile:

Yep. As we get older, our tolerance for bullsh*t and laziness goes away. This process is accelerated by any length of time spent in retail, dealing with the whiney and unearned entitlement set. Bonus acceleration for years spent closing liquor stores near college campuses and homeless shelters. :innocent: