AI and the bot problem

First of all AI does not need to be like us. If anything it is better be as different as possible.

All these things exist only because of human needs or human biological nature. None of them is absolute in itself. You can expect it from life form but not from AI which is based on logic and does not have biological needs like having sex with other species to make a child.

You don’t need to be AI to see that global peace is impossible with currently presented biological conditions and human nature (based on these conditions).

yes many times. :slight_smile: but that’s just fantasy, the real deal will be very different. :wink:

That is why we have to react now and destroy, delete all AI. And put all people who develop it in jail if they continue. And ban all books about Artificial Intelligence creation. Only this will save humanity from AI.

While we there we should also stop all nuclear- and fusion- related science. Also chemistry. Also metallurgy.

You know. Just to be sure.

Edit: i forgot about Medicine and Biology too…

These are safe technologies relatively to AI problem, and there are laws about them that make them safe. Yes, I think AI can be so dangerous it needs to be banned. Let the humans think for themselves.

I’m definitely more worried about what ‘humans’ are able to do tho.
At least with ai you don’t heave to deal with their emotional disorders and other sort of brain malfunctions lol

I assure you that these humans are in perspective very easy to deal with, because we are not talking about human level intelligence and learning capabilities when it comes to advanced AI. I have in mind especially something like The Singularity. Dealing with humans is a lot easier than dealing with Singularity. There were mass murderers, there were tyrants, but humans can and should develop their culture and ideas, not something that would think for them and humans should not willingly give it power. If you think that super advanced AI will be a slave to human, its like thinking that Einstein could have spent his lifetime in cave, making stone figurines of paleo girls with big boobs and butts. :wink:

1 Like

We should ask in person to it
@discobot fortune are you up to something? :smile:

:crystal_ball: Don’t count on it

1 Like

Eh, but discobot is just a glorified 8ball programm. :wink:

Please read about Singularity. Its more serious problem and probably coming sooner than anybody is thinking, if we continue to open this Pandora’s Box.

Disco hates me :frowning:

Some people believe that if you plan and prepare very meticulously, you determine what reality will become. They even go so far as to make “simulations” to play out scenarios which seem possible and they create “artificial intelligence” to help them explore those possibilities and plan and prepare for them. EVE Online may be such a “simulation”, such a “fantasy”.

Your local meteorologist uses such a “fantasy” to predict what the weather will be that day and in the coming week. Deep Blue beat Gary Kasparov by being able to fantasize about what the game would become many moves into the future.

You may dismiss the power of fantasy to predict and shape reality, but I’m a believer.

Of course I get what you mean with what you were saying ^^
I know what you mean by that but in my personal opinion I’m not worried about it tho, can bring a lot of good things, but yes other side is the risk of bad things, than so be it, imo I would take the risk any day with the current dilemma.
Like Is said I’m more afraid of humans these days than an AI or robot, that’s just how I look at it, if I had a button to do it, I would push it, and if it goes wrong I’ll accept that, luckily for a lot of people I don’t have such a button lol

@discobot quote you’re just an 8ball

1 Like

:left_speech_bubble: Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. — Martin Luther King

1 Like

A truly intelligent, sentient artificial life form would have to be acknowledged as having certain, fundamental and inalienable rights, specifically the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We could not simply delete it nor even prevent it from being brought into existence any more than we could “delete” a human being or prevent two people from making a baby.

Someone earlier in the thread even asked whether we could rightfully prevent it from playing EVE.

fantasy is a useful tool and it does help shape who we are but it’s a fine balancing act. meteorologists use more science than fantasy and still they get it wrong. our imagination is a very powerful tool, it’s also capable of rendering us useless. for right now bots are pretty dumb and not allowed in the game.
still it’s an interesting subject. AI that is, i’ve no time for bots in any game, if i wanted interaction with bots i’d go play a single player game.

Truly intelligent, sentient life dont make a thing that will ultimately destroy its creators. We need to defend humans by keeping them away from forbidden knowledge. It is like not giving an automatic weapon to a monkey.

2 Likes

I remember that, it was hilarious, because humans are dumb.

1 Like

Big Macs will ultimately destroy some of us. Toyota Priuses will ultimately destroy some of us. Those AK-47s, given to a “monkey”, by other “monkies”, was created by a “monkey”, and has destroyed many, many “monkies”. The OP’s video is partially the story of AI defeating humans in games. I’ve never beaten the AI in a chess game, but I don’t actively avoid playing any more than I’d avoid eating a Whopper or driving an F-150. Maybe humans are not sentient.

The children will burn themselves with fire. Didn’t you?

I just don’t want them to burn their house down and die of smoke inhalation in the process. But even then, maybe life itself was the mistake . . . or, just maybe, what if the whole point of it was to come to this?