All sorts of Audio issues listed

I see you.

feel free to rope me in Brisc.

1 Like

Ok I created bug EBR-224833 for the noise issue.

It’s on a different account, I tried twice to create a bug under this account and both times it failed, once I hit the Submit button nothing happened, but it did clear all the text I had typed into the bug report fields which was excellent! I was going to create a bug report for the Bug Report form but I thought that would be rude.

2 Likes

note that the video is still processing the HD version

1 Like

Nice I think that it is related to the EDENCOM systems as you mentioned. I flew to Amarr tonight from Derelik, I docked a couple times on the way to check if I had the hum issue and I did not. Then I flew through the Barira system which is EDENCOM, docked in the next system Bagodan and now I did have the issue!

1 Like

and the more folks who now can make the connection, AND file a bug report will grow (well, not very much, maybe 1-3, but hey. lol)

Thanks for keeping this up!

@Kermit_Lotanzo and @MinorFreak, I think you’re on to something here. I filed a bug report yesterday because I too noticed this happening consistently in EDENCOM systems - it is the gunstar ambient sound that gets stuck and keeps playing in the background. Leaving the system or docking up doesn’t clear it, even logging off doesn’t help. To make it stop I actually have to quit the game, or mute the audio.

Before patch 19.03 came out, I was badly affected by the “persistent gate sounds bug”. Now, everything is fine except for the EDENCOM systems. Entering any one of these systems will trigger the bug; it is repeatable and consistent. Loglite error messages are mostly this: “Failed to send event to Wwise: worldobject_jumpgate_fade_out”. ​

Bug report: EBR-224862, already has “attached” status.

3 Likes

i think i speak for everyone here, thank you CCP. sound immersion is back, no more ‘humbug’ (well, at least on the test server knocks on wood)

[edit: work in progress]
=====WORLD LEVEL=======
---- atmosphere —
that strange radio chatter inside and outside npc stations
npc ship comm chatter
Planets hum?
Stargates hum
Wormholes hum
Cynosural hum
boarding a ship
ordering undock
Customs Offices
----- jump activation ----
stargate and wormhole flash [note: this is other peoples’ jumping sounds, not yours]
your own ship when it hits maximum warp speed
------- ship effects ----
your jumping sounds for stargates/wormholes (see ambience)
3rd party warp [as long as you have graphical toggle for ‘effects’ on. long story…]
cloaking up (and the cloaking up sound you get when entering an upwell or new system)
uncloaking sound (both voluntary and involuntary, and when you exit invulnerability after stargate jump)
exterior upwell moon drill sounds (that thump thump thump)
tethering (yes, that weird hum outside an upwell you can’t pin down is that)
cargo/ship/survey scanner
command bursts and remote repping
hardeners/repair modules
ewar effects
Explosions - Ship Effects (when a ship or object explodes, not when a missile does)
MJD
------- ship ambience ------
your jumping sounds for stargates/wormholes (see effects)
the sound of warping, entering warp, moving at speed
AB + MWD
the sound of your engines as you finish loading station interior
loading ammo/scripts
------- turret volume --------
enemy fire AND turret impacts
missile launches AND missile detonations aka impacts
salvage drone effects
fireworks

{world level} does not have any base sounds independent of advanced slider options

=======UI SOUND LEVEL======
{here are the sounds independent of advanced sliders}
the invulnerability timer is a thunk sound as you undock or enter a new system
targeting something
the weapons timer ticker (as it counts down)
taking a drug, or anything involving a timer/flag
wallet increase & decrease (different)
opening simulator
the discovery window
ore hold full
activity tracker
-------- secondary interfaces -----
data/relic minigame
Dscanning
probe functions
the map
ship tree
industry
new skill panel
-------- UI click -------
hum sound when dragging an item
click sound when dropping an item into a bay
basically, all the little clicks you hear hovering over ui elements
new eden store clicks
------- warning sounds ----
Tied Abyssal Deadspace boundary warning
the ship health alerts
getting decloaked by an object (edited)

1 Like

I get that on every Amarr gate, the only solution I have found is to ctrl+shift+alt+F12 to disable and re-enable the sound engine, it is annoying but beats having to quit the game
Same error in the logs

obligatory “eve has sound?” post

1 Like

Glad they got the EDENCOM thing fixed that was brutal if you lived primarily out of an EDENCOM system. Soooo what is up with the warp engine sounds now, I like the high pitched sound of the engine but there is also this rumbling, breaking noise it sounds like boulders being crushed at a quarry lol. It almost sounds like the audio file got garbled or something is wrong with my sound drivers, I wonder if others have the same problem.

The persistent sound after cloak use is still there.

Last night, that terrible whining warp engine sound, suddenly kept going as well after docking. I think it was triggered by zooming out (scroll wheel) while it was activating.

1 Like

Can we get back the setting to limit number of sound sources in order to limit CPU use? It is currently impossible to play with sound on in any bigger fight as the client goes into slideshow mode until audio is completely turned off.

Please fix this as there are tons of sounds that actually contain useful information and are good to have while having a mix of engine sound for every ship on the grid is not exactly useful.

2 Likes

I have seen this happening with other people as well (streamers). I don’t know about the trigger but it is an issue.

For me personally, all the stuck sounds and audio bugs seem to be fixed and my gaming experience has definitely improved, so thank you for that CCP!

It’s not perfect though. Here is me approaching a stargate and jumping to the next system:
1 - I land close to the gate; the stargate noise/hum intensifies as I approach the gate, and is very loud when I’m next to the gate (all correct).
2 - I take the gate; the gate hum fades out while the jump sequence animation/audio plays (also correct).
3 - The jump sequence animation ends and the audio fades out (still correct).
4 - While my ship appears cloaked in the next system, the stargate hum from the previous system starts playing again - very loudly - for 0.5 seconds, then gets cut off completely. Only then do the “correct” sounds fade in, i.e. the gate hum/chatter at my actual location.

So, while I no longer have any stuck gate sounds, this is very noticeable and it happens with every jump. Is my old PC too slow for smooth gate jumps, or is this an audio “fix” from CCP ?

I’ve noticed that the engine warp sound is great with some smaller ships (like a corvette), but it sounds horrible (at least to me) in larger ships like an Orca or freighter, even my Impel transport ship sounds really bad.

1 Like

I get some crackling sound when there is a lot of things going at once, think HQ incursions

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.