Alliance Tournament XVII - An Update!

We’d honestly like to look at how we support grassroots tournament initiatives that come from the community a lot more - there’s quite a few of them out there that have proven to be very successful.

Whether that’s through game mechanics or just support for practice and hosting is entirely up in the air right now, but we totally understand that there’s a thirst out there for organized PvP.

I’ve been with the Alliance Tournament as a player, volunteer and dev for more than a decade now. In fact, I think I might be the only CCPer still around who’s been with the tournament that long, so I’m also kinda sad that it’s not going to happen this year, but we factored a lot of reasons into taking a break.

Both viewership and participation have fallen subsantially in the last few years, so it made sense to have a hiatus and look at what we can do to come back fresh.

We’re looking at ways that we can ramp it back up again, whether that be through hosting ourselves or assisting with a third party tournament, or whether it would mean having a totally different set of mechanics.

Lots to consider, we just need to take time to look at the options for what we can do :slight_smile:

5 Likes