Alliance Tournament XVII - An Update!

Enjoying summer is a first in almost a decade (and not doing tourney all the time).

I would love to have some players post some nice and exciting footage of matches from player run tournaments in this thread. It has been half a year of CCP supporting the community now with a lot free resources, show me where those went!

This is just about CCP’s most stupid idea ever, you want players online but you are not going to hold eve tourney? are you bloody MAD? who hired those ■■■■ GOT S8 writers into eve.

1 Like

Right. I’ve told many times that players need tools for making ingame tournaments. Good to see that CCP guys looking at right direction.
0/

I agree I hated the long commentary. I loved it when I the commentary was shot and to the point then the teams brawl. Afterwards 2-3 minute review and that is it! I watch the turny on youtube after the main event

1 Like

A lot of the long commentary was due to unforseen delays like ships getting stuck in the arena, or people suddenly disconnecting 5 minutes before teleportation to Jove space. IMO the commentators have done a bang-up job filling that kind of dead time.

2 Likes

Not only that.
Especially in the final stages of the match, teams need to be prepared for the next match during those commentary.
It is a huge amount of pressure just to get the correct fit and lineup under 3 Bans on each side, on top of that new rules like “1 ship per ship type” and “Cannot use the same ship type once you won with it” contributed a lot towards the time pressure.

1 Like

@CCP_Falcon consider the discussion in place in the recent csm minutes, wouldn’t we be due an update on this subject?

That quote has aged very well. :innocent:

about as well as that one

so… any updates on this or should we just take falcons apparent absence as a sign?

I mean, last year’s AT was roughly a year and a month or so ago, and the announcement that the AT was cancelled was a few months after that, so I’d wait at least a couple of months before we see falcon’s resignation

https://twitter.com/CCP_Falcon/status/1192738882267361280 think we have our answer, then

RIP AT.

RIP AT. Thanks @Soldarius for getting me into so into this scene a couple years back :stuck_out_tongue: It was fun while it lasted!!!

So… It is 2020, Falcons gone, any updates on this @CCP_Convict

< Sigh > I fear the AT is like the ECM update and thou shall never speak of it again!

We will just pretend it has always been like this (no AT, ECM horribly broken) and buy up the new ship skins! Cause it’s what the people want… stoopid people.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

Poke poke, this thread wont disappear by ignoring it, either announce something or the kill the AT for good

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/ethaqk/ccp_please_reconsider_your_stance_on_the_alliance/ just leaving this in here just in case you prefer communication on reddit instead of your official forums

2 Likes

Lol, well they do however I fear you’re beating a dead horse… the AT = the horse in this instance, unfortunately :frowning:

Tis a shame, but I fear the AT has been lost to the void.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.