Alliance Tournament XVII - An Update!

The horse is only dead when announced as one. As long as CCP refuses to communicate on the subject, I will keep on bringing it up.

3 Likes

We are now just bit over two weeks from the anniversary of this shitshow. Any communication at all would be appreciated @CCP_Convict @CCP_Dopamine

2 Likes

If we decided to run with the AT again this year and it was a case of “same ■■■■, different year” in terms of content because of a lack of time to iterate

You think melee has new content every year? Of course it does - the players and the storylines. You don’t need a new and fancier prize, or new and fancier ships for people to fly.

You’re highly mistaken in thinking that I watch AT for the new stuff.

Just a week to go until the anniversary. Sure would be a nice chance to put an end to this ■■■■ show, eh? @CCP_Convict @CCP_Dopamine

Yo, wanna start our own Alliance Tournament? We probably won’t have prizes or a fancy UI, and we’ll probably get the event interrupted by cheeky gankers, but at least we tried.

More than CCP, right?

Just ask Sothrasil about his Anger Games…

Cancelled due to relying on something. Yeah no doubt.

We’d just do it on TQ and pray.

That thing online again for a change?

Has been the whole time for me, except when the DDoS hits killed everyone. Not had any of these login or chat issues other nerds are on about.

But anyway, let’s go back to being angry at CCP for something shitty they did, rather than the time they got attacked and fell over.

3 days from the anniversary now

Two days… hope ccp is baking the nonexistant cake already

Oh look, the anniversary is tomorrow, how are you going to celebrate @CCP_Convict @CCP_Dopamine ?

AT is dead. CCP cares not.

Bumping this because there are plenty of other games that do the same thing every year and are very successful at it.

+1 bump to avoid the thread getting locked

CCP Aurora … You are a beacon of hope in this. Please keep stoking that fire.

Also bump.

didnt you read the CSM minutes? there is definitely no AT. It was something along the lines of:

CSM - ‘the player base has appetite for more tournament play’
CCP - ‘oh, that is interesting, we are interested that this is the case’

So we have gone from ccp making a temporary 1 year delay in the tournament as a break, to ccp being ‘interested’ that people want a tournament. Logically the next step would be for CCP to add a topic to a CSM meeting to explore if there is any interest. Time is basically going backwards, if you think about it. Just consider the timeline but in reverse order and it makes perfect sense.

Rugby nerds have superbowl, soccer got championships, I want an alliance tournament again, that was my (e)sports fix. Once a year, gambling and hype.

And sitting for hours with friends on TS chatting about matches and comps. AT used to be the event that seperated the eve year in before- and after.

3 Likes

So, now that CCP is willing to use the letters A and T again, next to each other, would it be possible to get an update on this?

Have you checked out the 5v5 league? It’s not exactly easy to find, but here’s the reddit link for the creator:

https://www.reddit.com/user/JeronixUK/