Alliance Tournament XVII - An Update!

Can we still buy the AT skins tho? Thats all what these complaining people want !!

Do you think that Falcon posting here once counts as “discussion”? We’re all left here with a sea of (valid) complaints and concerns… Thank god you opened this up for discussion with us.

2 Likes

I do not usually respond to direct posts of devs because I fear my efforts will be in vain. However on this occasion I cannot stand idly by. Because if I decide to stand idly by I will surely see this game come to ruin on my watch.

You @CCP_Falcon who just last year amid a whole host of bad press stood up for the AT no has become the messenger for a company who seems to be largely incapable of mainting their core product. A product that has been faltering because of bad game balance, recent bad game design, alienating large groups of players. Lack of narative control. The company you work for, the company we pay to play their product. Has shown a inherent lack of understanding what the game entails and what the community requires.

And they now after two abysmall years when it comes to PR and narative control by ccp. You @CCP_Falcon the champion of last years AT decided to come with these messages. A message where you utterly use the same scapegoat ccp has been blanketing stuff under for jsut short of a decade when they do not know what to say otherwise, with “balance” something CCP has uterly proven to not give a damn about. Look at the state of null sec and the state of rorquals and capitals.

I have never ever been this dissapointed in this game and in this company. And I do not know if you will be able to recover after this one. Since the core players you will lose in this one will not come back. Not even if the AT will be back next year. Which I highly doubt because well if CCP shoves something under the balance scapegoat it is everyones guess if it will be back.

And as a final note, It is bad enough that you are dissapointing your customers. But you all should look in the mirror and especially the executives who have made this call. Because this cannot have come from a passionate dev. But you as a company should be ashamed of yourselves for the way you have treated your community the last 30 months

10 Likes

How is putting an event on hiatus “reassessing how to better support” said event?

I have been playing EVE for over a decade… sometimes more, sometimes less. I had some breaks for few reasons, but always wanted to go back. But now is first time I am thinking about quitting…

4 Likes

/me sighs

If something is under attended you try to make it better, worthy of attendance and attention

I truly hope that you are working on such a plan because taking a year off otherwise is just the first step towards complete cancellation, isn’t it?

This feels wrong

m

10 Likes

…how long @CCP_Logibro is not working?

2 Likes

I don’t bother with the AT, never have. Although listening to various Eve podcasts over the years, this is when they would all shift towards the big games. I’m feeling insulted by this answer because like so many other things - the playerbase gets taken for it’s generosity. So many apps and third party software gets made because either CCP can’t be bothered or knows that someone will do it for even less than a pittance (free) You sacked the people that used to do this and have no choice. Feels bad man!

4 Likes

What did you expect? You kept giving the tournament less and less support each year, took more and more things away from it until it was pretty much pawned off to the community completely. Your viewership and participation reacted accordingly, shocker! You could almost say it makes sense, but that doesn’t fit your narrative now does it?

I’m not surprised though, anyone who paid any attention saw this coming 1.07578002 × 10-8 Astronomical Units away.

It’s true that your reputation has meaning in EVE … CCP, you’re tanking yours spectacularly and this is just another disappointment for the community that has stood by you for a decade and a half.

13 Likes

Glad my extraction and unsubbing was not done in vein. Who in god’s name is running your game design / goals? Do you guys have any idea what makes EVE fun in the first place? Short sited monetary goals and years of empty promises. You guys can only keep up the charade for so long.

5 Likes

And here I am, still hoping that CCP will do a good move…

I’m glad I stepped back in august (the week before CCP announced it was now PA’s), all that saved money went to places that I know won’t dissapoint…

2 Likes

goodbye

4 Likes

Woow eve is now Dead.
Single worst mistake Ever!!!

Removing the one reason to keep playing and the one thing that makes Eve truly interesting…

3 Likes

A sad day for EVE Online. And the final reason I needed to win the game. It was a good run.

5 Likes

Well goodbye eve, I will let my sub lapse to alpha, Extract my main and just keep him in my corp so I can stay in contact with the friends I play for…

1 Like

put betting back in on the alliance tourney even if CCP controlled, game is going downhill lately, feels like CCP is less and less connected to the customers.

Injectors were the start of this and now 2-3 years later we have rubbish events, supers everywhere smallgang/solo is basically dead everything focused towards the big fights which suck when you actually take part Citadels ruined content in the game due to crappy mechanics.

The Csm is a joke its the same people every year

3 Likes

I nvr took part in AT or plan to, but i do enjoy watching it well done ccp :sob:

3 Likes

I have had nothing but good things to say about EVE for over a decade, as that is how long I have found this game enjoyable. I definitely have made friends in this game, and they definitely help keep me interested.

Sacking the Community Team was the first blow to the community-at-large, as it was nice to actually have people who you knew that genuinely gave a flying rat’s ass about the player to interact with. So far over the past two years, I have seen nothing but discontent among the masses, as CCP as a company which allegedly cares about their players has broken many promises to the playerbase:

• WiS - Released as a halfass abortion of a product, which was pulled and then abandoned in its entirety, despite having the potential to increase immersive gameplay, and be a haven for the roleplaying community.
  • DUST514 - Being exclusively released on a console which was already in the end of its life cycle despite much protest over this (due to the forward-thinking nature of people) when you could have released an interconnected product that had massive potential.
  • Microtransactions - Obvious cash grab as the subscriptions started to nosedive due to the fact that the CSM (with few exceptions) is consistently populated by players from blocs who only seek to improve their own situation while making everyone else’s suck ass.
  • Community - The firing of the Community Team, who clearly gave a ■■■■ about the people who play this game, and actually were known for helping apply ideas that players had to improve the situation in the game.

And now this dumpster fire caused by years of neglecting the people who pay your bills and keep food on your tables, only to sell out to a company who is there for microtransactions by EXPLOITING their customers.

I for one am ashamed of the direction things are going.

12 Likes

CCP, this is massively disappointing.
The AT is something I have trained my main account for its entire lifetime. It’s something I have massively enjoyed with the teamwork and training bringing together players young and old.
So first the betting side of AT was pulled which was disappointing and took some of the fun out of it. Then the massive change of rules, which turned out to be really fun and challenged the theory crafting,
EVE is something I am enjoying less and less with lag fest capital fights and ■■■■■■■■ mechanics.
You had a good run until you sold out last year.
R.I.P. EVE 2019
F

3 Likes

Dust514 was unfortunately Sony exclusive, because CCP got some money and support from Sony to make it happen. The next game, if it makes it out the door, won’t have that “problem.” (And we should be happy, I think, that Dust happened at all, and give some thanks for Sony’s support.)

Project Nova went back into the oven for some more work, showing they are trying to address feedback & learn from mistakes. I like that the Nova team is trying to make a good FPS first, and not overpromising its potential, like CCP did with Dust.

I do miss when eve was about skill :confused: good time’s, but capitals and RLML killed that.

1 Like