Alliance Tournament XVII Starts Tomorrow!

I feel that Boundary Experts should receive the killmail if someone boundaries. After all, they are the expert on it.

Pretty much this. If the NFT generation was opt in then it would be less objectionable, even if it remains unpalatable. Truth is, if anyone wanted to memorialise a kill then they can just take a screenshot or even record a video, both of which avoid the FOTM that is NFT.

Bear in mind that Tezos isn’t even implemented on Opensea yet, so you can’t even grift these things unless you go to some back alley exchange. The only value that these things have is a negative environmental value, and why CCP would be keen to contribute to that is an interesting question considering how eco-friendly Iceland usually is.

2 Likes

This is the dumbest thing you’ve ever written.

Ah, so this is just a made up complaint. Got it.

Each death that occurs during the tournament will be minted into an NFT (non-fungible token) of the killmail to be memorialized on the Tezos blockchain.

CCP, i expected better of you than to even go anywhere near the tech cancer that is NFT’s

Like what the actual ■■■■ are you thinking?

1 Like

Like our friend from the csm $$$ is all they think about

I wonder if anyone told CCP that steam doesn’t approve of games which have NFT’s in them and removes them from the store

Someone might want to let them know lol

2 Likes

NFTs are, at their core, a ponzi scheme. They hurt artists, and they hurt the people who come in later.

Will this with the AT have any direct effect? No, probably not. But it’s about making them socially acceptable. Yet another thing to help sucker in new blood. That’s what I object to with them here.

(With other NFTs, they use a ruinous amount of energy. Sure, these ones don’t. But like I said, this helps make them more acceptable to the regular person. NFTs, and other uses of blockchain are, in general, a grift. That shouldn’t be rewarded.)

11 Likes

You can make the same argument about cryptocurrency. Hell, people DID make those same arguments about cryptocurrency. Until, suddenly, people start making absurd actual money off of them and now they’re socially acceptable.

If folks don’t want them or don’t care, then they’ll go away. But I don’t see any harm in providing these as a victory trophy.

And if ccp was partnering with doge coin we would still have an issue

And crypto isn’t exactly socially acceptable. They are gambling, yeah some people have made bank but the promise of get rich quick has ruined far more

2 Likes

I do make the same argument about Cryptocurrency.

I would quite like for them to go die in a fire, thank you very much.

Like I said, uses of block chain are, in general, a grift.

12 Likes

Any team that full boundary violates will have my respect

1 Like

this needs to include the final distance and an all time leader board for the record

Cryptocurrencies are ■■■■, so are NFT’s. It’s just a new form of selling people premium air. Except you’re also contributing to ruining the planet in the process.

9 Likes

If I was on our AT team, I’d step down. This is crap, Brisc, and even tacitly supporting it will only encourage Hilmar to keep pulling this kind of crap. This is just another example of Hilmar chasing his stupid-ass buzzword ■■■■■■■■. He’s been sucking hard on the blockchain hose for years, and now the AT, something most people have to pay to enter, is being turned into a second-order revenue stream with this nonsense.

I support reasonable and well-thought-out monetization. CCP’s gotta stay in business, after all. This isn’t that. This is just more nonsense from the guy who thought Greed Is Good, and that the Chaos Era and Blackout were gonna make everything better.

Says who?

9 Likes

How long are CCP committing to hosting the image?

@Steve_Ronuken did:
https://twitter.com/Fuzzysteve/status/1456665488130547714

Hilmar’s response was ‘Yes’.

3 Likes

Did anyone inform Steam on this? Maybe someone should do that too.

I didn’t think it was possible for me to be happy that we fell off the tournament in the feeder rounds. :smiley:

2 Likes

Apparently they already know.

2 Likes

Doesn’t touch the game?

You get access to it by logging into your EVE account.
It’s created by something you do in-game, through the EVE client.

2 Likes