Alliance Tournament XVII

The full rule-set with points will be listed Monday the 19th. But I have bad news, I don’t think ORE ships made the cut :cry:

2 Likes

Talos is ORE at heart

The plans are to have coverage from the incredibly talented community (along with some CCP guests) in our new studio.

5 Likes

I believe in you

2 Likes

My disagreements with CCP are on record. I just don’t repeat ad nauseam.
but you are right, the Order does support the Great Architect in every aspect it can.

We have some very robust anti-collusion rules. Both the IGC and the Mordu’s Legion put a high value on competitive play

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, the at is awesome and I’m glad its back. If you could do us all a favor though and answer just one question we’d be ecstatic.

1. Why now? You could’ve flipped this same
    switch 2 years ago. Please feel free to answer with as much detail as is possible.

can we have matteral or kenneth feld or that expert china guy who knows everything?

My two dogs have much more enthusiam then that empty voice in the video

1 Like

I am almost sure this isn’t true.

1 Like

As I understand it thats exactly the case.

The most obvious reason why CCP Swift couldn’t run an official CCP-hosted tournament 2 years ago was that he wasn’t working for CCP then. Engage a little brain.

1 Like

I’m sorry did you think I meant him personally when I said “you”? Yeah… that “you” was meant to represent ccp not swift personally. This question he should very much be able to answer.

Going back down memory lane, alliance tournament 10. I had been playing for a little over a year and understood just about 8% of what these people were talking about :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I enjoyed the format of the show. Good times !!

Two of the faces are still very familiar today, give or take a few wrinkles. From left to right you will see and possibly recognize:
Raivi (later to become ccp fozzie)
Kil2 (later to become ccp rise)
ccp punkturis (notoriously enthusiastic about the color pink, who left in 2018)
and of course the Almighty ccp Soundwave (the then Lead Designer)

3 Likes

Is that Golem model?

One of the craziest thing I remember from any AT was when the meta was Marauders that would MJD to the center.

One team figured out you could overheat an Inty and bump the Marauder while its MJD was spooling and it would jump itself out of bounds.

They actually pulled it off in a match.

I don’t remember who that was or what year, but it was wild.

The Alliance Tournament actually involves a deceptive amount of work to put on well, and when we decided to put the AT on hiatus it was because there was not enough manpower to put on a show up to the standards that the players and competitors had come to expect.

This past year CCP Aurora has been unearthing and updating the tech involved in the tournament, as well as putting together a plan to broadcast it year-after-year in a sustainable fashion. This is the culmination of months of work and preparation.

10 Likes

It’s good to see you posting here on the Official Eve Online Forums and I sincerely hope you continue to be active in the future.

I want to say thank you for explaining the situation and more importantly, for putting up with our behavior. I know it’s a poor excuse but it’s been a very rough time for everybody, both in and out of game, these past couple of years.

Despite our apparent outrage, we definitely love Eve and want to see it thrive. Once again thank you for taking the time to deal with us.

o7

3 Likes

looks like it, yeah
and they’re sipping Quafe Zero, no doubt :grinning:

Thank you all for your hard work and dedication. Just try and avoid being taken down by the whiners and crybabies that seem so prevalent in today’s society.

3 Likes

Time for gofundme for ccp?

1 Like