as of right now, pressing and releasing ctrl key will lock uninteresting things you have selected in your OV, like gate and stuff.
Good to know it’s still working as intended I guess?
whatever was intended, my idea is a bind as described in the headline.
bad idea. it’s working as intended. stop being lazy.
What exactly is the issue and what is your solution?
As far as I know ctrl is already bound, ctrl clicking works fine and accidentally ctrl clicking stuff to lock it is working as intended; just don’t click the wrong objects.
I do not understand the issue or how your solution could change that, so can you clarify?
The hotkey behavior hasn’t been changed any time in recent memory.
If the overview window has focus, all of the assorted overview action (approach/align, warp, dock, etc) keybindings will interact with it.
are you daft? thats why I’m proposing this idea, to make ppl like me happy who don’t like the currennt implementation. gtfo and stop telling me its working as intended. Thats completely irrelevant and offtopic.
The wording of your post…
…like WE ALWAYS USED TO LOCK.
…implied that it used to somehow be different, when it hasn’t.
Sorry you’re getting frustrated with your inabiltiy to clearly communicate, but please try to remain civil.
get tf outta here.
I think part of the misunderstanding is that I don’t recognize your situation.
What reasons do you press Ctrl for in EVE besides locking?
I never touch that key besides for locking. If I press Ctrl and interact with overview or objects it is to lock something.
completely irrelevant to this topic. There are plenty of in and out-of-game shortcuts involving that key.
back to the top
this is a really annoying issue. pls give us a way to avoid it.
![]()
Operator error, machine fine
f off and go troll someone else.
Nah. You are wrong but thats okay. Emotional maturity is the key, it lets you be wrong without being less of a valid person.