Alpha Account "Stratios" DED/Combat Site fittings

I’m a fairly new alpha clone, and have looked though countless videos/forums to find a viable “Stratios” 3-4/10 DED fit for Amarr (probing and combat all in one package) and can’t seem to find anything aimed at alpha skill set. So I’m asking for fitting suggestions or even a viable Navy Issue Cruiser instead of the “Stratios” (but preferably the Stratios).

The critical problem you’ll have with the Stratios is fitting the Covert Ops cloak to it. You’ll be murdered if you can’t (a Stratios is a tempting target)- and I don’t think Alpha Clones can use the Covert Cloak (it allows warp when active, other cloaks block warp)…

Any good Navy fitting is going to be skill intensive - they are expensive ships, 60m ISK for a Navy Omen compared to 10m ISK for a standard Omen. Most suggested fittings will assume good skills.
Look for a hull with a “utility high” - where there are more high power slots than turret mounts - so you can fit a probe launcher without loosing firepower. You’ll want to train scanning skills as you’ll not have a hull bonus to help scanning.
Grab a copy of PYFA (or similar) to play with fittings. It’s still better than the in-game simulation tool.

Alphas can’t use Cloak at all.

@AKA_Rottweiler as for a Stratios fit for running DED sites is a difficult task, as a lot of these fits rely on Drones as main dmg (Sentries or Heavies mostly I think)

A stratios is a beautiful ship, but as an alpha wanting to run combat sites, it is not really the ship you should want. You can’t use cloaks, you are not going to hack, you can’t use sentries or T2 heavies. You will be missing out on most of what makes a stratios good. That’s probably why there are no alpha fit. It would not be worth it. Get into a Gila instead if you want a pirate ship, something like this:

[Gila, Passive]

Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
C3-X 'Hivaa Saitsuo' Ballistic Control System

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
EM Ward Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II
EM Ward Field II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Fury Light Missile
Auto Targeting System I

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

'Augmented' Infiltrator x2

Swap drones and hardeners depending on the rats you expect (this is for blood raiders or sanshas). If that’s too expensive, downgrade the drones, BCS to another DDA, and rigs to T1. If that’s still too expensive, downgrade to some navy or regular cruiser.

OP , might be worth it funwise to go Omega.

1 Like

As above Gilas are pretty snazzy for the Alpha clones. Covert warfare is an Omega thing for good reason.

The OP didn‘t specifically mention Highsec, but I suppose he wants to stay out of lowsec. You do not need covert op cloaks in Highsec.
Vexor and Vexor Navy make very versatile highsec exploration and DED ships.

OP, look for Johnny Pew videos on YouTube, like

Or

As an Alpha you need to downgrade some parts of your ships, and you will see reduced damage, but it should work. If you cannot fit a probe launcher put it in the cargo and re-fit in stations while you go.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.