Gila for combat sites (Alpha clone)

Hey guys,

I am a pretty new player. I have had some rapid advancement through the skill tree and I am looking at getting into some combat sites. I have made a couple billion in the last week or so running high/low/c1-c3 relic and data sites. I feel like having the option to run some mid level (4/5) combat sites may be a good swap up to keep me occupied.

I have heard that the Gila is a good ship and looks rather fun to run. Anyone have any recommendations that could clear the mid level combat sites with ease? I am currently based in Amarr space so it would more than likely be Sansha Thanks for any help.

Being Amarr you could go for the Stratios is a great ship for exploration obviously and it is a decent PVP ship if fitted correctly.

Well, I am not Amarr, I am Caldari. I am just stationed up in Amarr space. As stated I am an alpha clone so I can’t use the Stratios :confused:

I appreciate the suggestion though! If I move to omega I will look into it!

You can. But without cloak and sentry drones.

[Gila, *Easy passive Gila]
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
Multispectrum Shield Hardener II
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

Prototype ‘Arbalest’ Rapid Light Missile Launcher
Core Probe Launcher I

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Infiltrator II x2

Drop to meta if you don’t have skills (I suggest faction drones vs t1 for better DPS). You probably won’t be able to do DED 5/10’s as alpha and even if possible it will take probably somewhere around hour and countless bouncing around. 4/10’s, 3/10 and others unranked shouldn’t be any issue

My bad I was thinking the stratios was a different ship.

That aside why arbalest rlml over rlml ii? Gonna guess its due to cpu and powergrid restraints due to the usage of the mids and lows?

But ya. Unfortunately I can’t use lvl 2 drones nor augmented drones due to the alpha restrictions. Was planning on using faction over basic medium scout drones. Thanks for the reply.

I didn’t have the skills for t2 launchers, last time I used it. Upgrade if can.
Agumented drones are not worth it in most PvE due to split damage types. On paper you might get more DPS but in the end, application is worse.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the recommendation.

Got a recommendation on a 5/10 ship to work towards?

For alpha? Probably battleship. Biggest problem are 3 stasis tower in last room. You need something to snipe them out and then you can speed tank site. Didn’t run many of them so cant give any tested fits.

1 Like

Cheers. Thanks for the reply none the less.

I was watching some Sansha 5/10s and the whole room doesn’t aggro for like 10sec… a russian player using sentries in a Stratios did it so easily, meanwhile i did one yesterday and was brutal to my VNI, only survived because i had medium ancil ready overloaded and i pre-align’d first thing as soon i landed in the 3rd room

After that i was researching everything about it, if anyone had this experience to be almost obliterated… found some cases but from now on i’m going in a 70m 450dps Buffer Gnosis (if low sec escalation) so i can MJD 100km away to finish the deal. Funny that Angel 5/10 the 3rd room is totally different, no aggro.

Hope this report helps anyone in doubt.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.