Alpha Clone build Into Abyss - Tier 1 filament

Greetings pilots,
While I have been an Omega in the past, I don’t have much time to play and am glad to jump in and play as an Alpha for 20-30 minutes when I have time from work and the kids.
The challenge of the Abyssal Deadspace seemed to fit my available play time.
But could an Alpha even complete a Tier 1? I went to Singularity to find out.

After a few failures I was able to get a working build that I have succeeded with the last three runs in a row. I hope to run it more times at Tier 1 to fine tune my build, as things can certainly be variable facing sleepers or Triglavians.
I hope to try my luck and move up to Tier 2 after this weekend, and would appreciate your thoughts-

[Exequror Navy Issue, Anorak’s Absolution]
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Prototype Armor Kinetic Hardener I
Prototype Armor Thermal Hardener I
Medium Armor Repairer II

Cap Recharger II
Phased Scoped Target Painter
Tracking Computer II
10MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Modal Neutron Particle Accelerator I

Medium Anti-Kinetic Pump I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x5

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x7080
Tracking Speed Script x1
Optimal Range Script x1

I had (unsuccessfully) started off with rails and long range, and using Webs to slow down the smaller ships, but wasn’t getting through them fast enough to complete the run in 20 minutes.
Using the Tracking computer and Target Painter is a bit redundant, and I will probably phase one out as I fine tune things.
I used an Afterburner, as I didn’t want my signature to be that large as I am rushing the Battleship in the 3rd room. (Also, there are power considerations that I would have the juggle to fit a MWD.)

Thank you for your input;
I think the new content is a neat challenge, and I look forward to facing it in Singularity, and perhaps running the Tier 3 and 4 when I have more time and can do Omega with my Assault Frigate.

Raifin

4 Likes

Thank you Raifin,
I had presumed that Abyssal Deadspace was out of the reach of Alphas, even at the entry level.
I appreciate your efforts on singularity, and while I understand that it will be a challenge, it is good to see that Alphas have a shot at that content. (At least at the start.)

Do you get much use out of your drones before they are destroyed by the environment? I had heard that Drone builds and missile builds were not the best for Abyssal Deadspace. (Maybe Drones are bad because of aggro?)

Appreciate you sharing your fit, looks like a tough little ship-

Pierce

1 Like

Good to see someone is trying out the new content as an Alpha clone. I hope you have lot’s of success and please keep us updated on your progress.

1 Like

I actually loged in to check how to do that even a low skilled character, without optimal skills and fit not optimized for ship bonuses. I used dark calm filament. I think its the best filament as it gives bonus to ship speed.

[Vexor, Vexor]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Dual 180mm Prototype Automatic Cannon

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Hobgoblin I x24

Phased Plasma M x6252

Proof that it can be done even with that cheap 24M ISK fit with ship, last room on exit:

Leshak Blueprint!!! :exploding_head:

Just have to slow down enemies using webs. And watch out for deviant automata suppressor that will damage your drones, fortunately it damages the enemy drones too, so you can drag them there for extinction hehe. You can have some problems with vedmak’s dps that appears sometimes in one of rooms, but you can overload the repairer if you have problems with his dps from up close. And dont atack Vila Swarmer drones, but ships that control them, some triglavian frigates.

4 Likes

The Drones only die to certain towers that may or may not spawn in the room. Since most of the enemies in tier 1 sites are drones, you can just orbit the tower and they will die to it while yours stay hidden in your drone bay.

1 Like

Stop spamming all the threads with your sales pitch.

By the way, I didn’t flag your post.

Greetings,
I decided to give the Dark Calm filament a shot at Nana’s suggestion, and it was a successful, and fun, run. I had gone for a bit more DPS this time, with the removal of one of my prototype Armor Hardeners, and adding a third Magnetic Field Stabilizer II.

-Started off in room 1 facing a Lucid Deepwatcher Battleship.
-In room 2 I faced the drone swarm, and instead of moving to the Medium Range Deviant Automata Surpressor (a structure which damages drones and missiles) I changed it up and orbited the Short Range Multi-body Tracking Pylon structure (which increased my tracking capabilities vs the drones.) That worked pretty well and I made short work of the drones.
-Room three had the Triglavian Battleship, but my DPS was able to take him with 4 minutes remaining.

Scripts seemed to work well moving between Range and Tracking when needed.
Dark Calm filament certainly helped me sprinting towards the battleships more quickly in two of the three rooms.

Raifin

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.