Alpha clone faction re-balance, when?

The good group will create however many alpha they want from each race and not care about swaps.

1 Like

Lol wait which one is the hot dog stand and which one is the mutant potato.

More ridiculous ship descriptions please!

Many games as a character progresses, depending on what ‘class’ he picks will be OP at certain points along that progression. The end game is where it all evens out. So, probably right away should be balanced at ‘level 1’ and should definitely be balanced at end game. In between, you can’t balance every ship, ammo, and skill evenly through skill progression. They should sub if they are worried about a difference of 30 dps or something stupid on their choice of faction. But nerds will be nerds.

Yes trial mode… as in “I’ll try it and if I don’t like it because I unknowingly picked a broken nerfed faction, and figured the whole game is messed up and must not worth playing!” mode.

2 Likes

All this talk about the Amarr… well I hate to say this but the Minmatar aren’t much better as an alpha. You have 2 destroyers that DONT have drones at all, 1 drone frigate and it is also your scout ship. And your best cruisers all have half the drone capacity of any other faction.

Sure you have guns and missiles but honestly, seeing that drones are currently the end all be all in PVE, the Minmatar arent much better.

Sub-cap drones are only “good” in PVE becuse they work while you are watching netflix instead of playing the game.

1 Like

The point of Alpha clones is to make eve completely F2P.

And it is. It’s entirely possible to earn the isk to plex an account as an alpha clone and gain full access. Yes, it’s a grind… but the ALPHA system (which allows you to take all the time you need to make enough isk to start plexing) allows everyone who’s willing to put the time in to play EVE with all features activated for nothing.

I personally don’t want to grind… so I sub. But the fact remains that you can access ALL features of EVE (not just Alpha features) without spending a dime.

1 Like

What you guys think about give Alphas ability to use pirate frigates ? They already can use Navy ships, so why not to give opportunity to use pirate ships, at least frigates ? And btw, i think caldari alpha need to be up in the next path, cuz for now they worse then galentie ones.

There was no plan to give alphas access to pirate ships. It was felt that such ships would be too powerful. Additionally, it would require too many skills to work.

Look at the Worm… Caldari don’t have the drone skills needed, gal don’t have the missiles. How would that work?

Gallente alphas are obviously functioning as intended. Eve lore states that Gallente ships rely on a heavy degree of automation. No wonder all the FW plexing bots I see in lowsec are Gallente.

1 Like

Yea. To allow using all pirate ships CCP would need to completely remove racial lock for alphas.

Of course there is also the issue of making alpha’s competitive in at least one thing.

Together with the still mediocre NPE this is a real deal-breaker imo to draw new players into the game.

The faction lock on Alphas was a stupid decision.

Flies in the face of whole swathes of EVE development designed to do the exact opposite, and balance faction vessels asymmetrically so that all players can access all ships. (Not saying Alphas should access Omega ships, just that all Alpha ships should be available to all Alphas.)

When one of my accounts lapsed, I was like “ok, Ill fly VNI”, only to realize after years of not even thinking about it, that it is infact a Minnie toon. Was a bit of a rude shock, especially considering the skill spread on that toon.

The thumb-rule in EVE was that it doesnt matter what faction you choose to start in.
We’ve been telling noobs that for years.
The Alpha faction lock is not true to that.

I understand it simplifies the NPE, since you get funnelled into certain skill sets and dont inadvertently waste the SP limit, but on the otherhand it means existing accounts lapsing into Alpha may find, at worst, that they cant actually fly anything.

I think it wouldn’t be a horrible idea to have a ‘beta’ clone class… for accounts that were Omega at some point. Basically, the only benefit a beta would have over an alpha is they’d have access to ALL alpha skills… not just the ones for their faction. So still extremely limited… but gives you the ability to fly cruisers of a different faction.

i would like for them to give amarr alphas a bit of a buff to be as appealing.

its pretty bad as is right now…

Frankly I don’t get why Alpha don’t have access to Frigates and Destroyers of all 4 Empires and why they have access to Cruisers at all.
Is there a reason behind it or was it decided on the fly ?

As far as the imbalance in Alpha experience goes it has more to do with imbalance between factions at these level of ships than anything else.

Why has Gallente 5 industrials and others not ?
When I saw that the first time I knew there would be a problem.

And these industrials are not in keeping with the lore, the Hoarder I understand because Minmatar is supposed to be about fighting so an ammo hauler make sense, but why is the Miasmos (and perhaps the Kryos) not in the ORE ship-tree ?
And the Epithal, planetary commodities ?
It should be Amar, they are the ones into slave trading, planetary stuff goes clearly under their purview.

The low/medium sized ships selections per faction are imbalanced, that’s the problem.

The answer to this is simpler than you think. Way back in the earlier days of eve, there were no specialty haulers. Each faction just had a number of T1 industrials. At that point the gallente for some reason just had more ships… the Iteron 1 through Iteron V… while most had just 2 industrials (the Minmatar with 3).

So rather than move ships around in terms of which empire they were under… they just renamed the Iterons (and the Badger Mk2 to Tayra) and assigned the special cargoholds to the 3 extra gallente and 1 extra minmatar industrials. This was years before Alpha’s were around… and they figured that it wouldnt’ matter as it would take a few hours to train into the gallente industrials if you wanted them.

1 Like

Most amarr alphas wouldn’t notice and even if they did, there is literally nothing stopping them having a gallente alpha as well.

Amarr isn’t a great choice overall. Gallente is the best choice, because it is fairly balanced and not based off of missile platform. Join Obsidian Acquisitions! We can help you get started! Find me in Discord by searching Obsidian Acquisitions in search!

They need to ditch the missile hardpoints.
Amarr ships hvqe three weapon systems where pretty much no one does.
Never seen a caldari ship with bonuses to lasers or a gallente ship with bonuses to projectiles. The amarr ships having missile skills is beyond dumb.
Focus on lasers and drones.

Also amarr alphas have the least number of skills they can train. They cap out a few skills under everyone else.