Suggestion: Add one pip of mining drones to the Alpha Clone Version of the game.
- Because it’s rather silly there are civilian mining drones and alphas can not even use those?
- Because mining for alpha’s is already restricted by shielding off the mining barges to Omega Status. This means either you stick to the ORE starter or try and squeeze out a Cruiser with all the hassle that comes with that. Both can’t even match Omega mining, even with drones (be it 2 for the Venture or ~4 for a Cruiser)
- I will safely assume you are able to shield off Type II mining drones (or medium ones for that matter) to Omega status with a click of a button.
- Mining drones are a cool thing to have going on the screen while you mine, which is another plus for Alpha’s to consider going Omega.
- Mining Drone Optimization, aka. trying to squeeze out as much as you can out of the Venture (or a Cruiser, if cruiser mining is even still viable) is a cool thing to persue (aka. provides content for Alpha Accounts while not really impacting Omega; and is another thing to entice Alpha’s to go Omega), and teaches a player about the trade-off’s between yield optimization and risk (mining drones vs fighting drones).
Thank you for your understanding, Alpha’s just mainly want to be as equal as any other ‘Civilian’ in Eve