Alpha Clone Update incoming

Sorry for the reddit link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/74r4cn/clone_states_update_alphas_get_more/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=Eve

Alphas get more skills,including T2 small and medium weapons, Battlecruisers, Battleships, and ALL factions for any pilot! Coming in December (Eve Vegas)

CCP also might sell shorter subscriptions in the future.

1 Like

CCP is officially really desperate now. The sky is falling down on our heads!

Nah. It works out. They’re winning this. They’re actually winning this! I’m torn between being impressed and pissed off. They’ve successfully shifted the game from satisfaction towards fun, and now increase the possibilities for free players to have fun. they even hint at it in their trailer; the new highsec stuff is exactly for that. login, have fun, log off.

If the criminal community doesn’t adapt and step up their game, they’re going to have a bad time.

What is the point of balancing small hulls for alphas then?

Instead of Alpha-Omega clones everybody will be Omega soon. You’ll have to pay to gain SP. Some had already predicted it when SP trading was introduced. New model CCP taking in small steps.

It will be free-to-play macro-transaction pay-to-win with gold ammo.

2 Likes

“monetization”
“smaller chunks”
We have to pay sub or PLEX in order to get to the server with full expirence and play. Soon I predict unlilmited acess but we will have to pay to gain SP. From my perspective less money for CCP from my end. I already trained need skills I just keep my skillque full.
What CCP Rise said on presentation if flawed. Alpha clones has free acess to the game to some degree but they are getting bored and leave, what will change now? They’ll have acess to bigger ships now, so? After some time they’ll still get bored and leave. It’s not an answer. CCP fell into a trap they made themself wtih SP trading and unlimited acess to the game. It’s not working as they thought it would be. If it does they would not make those changes.

1 Like

What a brilliant article.

The expansion of the program will increase that total to just over 20 million

That’s still a drop in the bucket for subscribing EVE players (many of whom will have hundreds of thousands of skill points).

Hundreds of Thousands > 20 Million

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

I just read this (even when it was a few days old). But i have to say, that i like this idea/system.

The new Alpha get access to Battlecruiser and Battleships.
In additoin to the other factions, and this way to the pirate ships.
And for T2 they can use the weapons, to be more helpfull in fleets.

They don’t get access to T2 ships.
As drawback they have to buy the time to train these skills. Becoming an Omega in this time. The only difference is, that they still can use a few of the skills they were training as Omega.

This is a good deal for CCP (i bet a few will use this system). But they might lose a few Omega in exchange. It depend what other skills the new Alpha+ accounts can use.

I will for sure use it and will become an Omega with this.
With the current system i had to pay all the time to keep the extra skills. And i was not willing to do it. But with this new system i will pay for a few month. And who knows, maybe i will even pay for a longer time this way.

1 Like

their new release will have huge amount of bugs
community will be pissed

все потуги четны)чтоб альфа не уходил нужно его завлеч сюжетом а не кораблями)игра огонь,а сюжет пве агентов шаблон

yeah now I don’t need to pay to farm isk, I can do it for free!

They’ve successfully shifted the game from satisfaction towards fun, and now increase the possibilities for free players to have fun. they even hint at it in their trailer; the new highsec stuff is exactly for that. login, have fun, log off.

What a GAME should be, perfect.

For primitives to be milked, yes, indeed. Perfect. :slight_smile:

So when is this happening? I can’t be bothered to play until I can finally login and actually use my Astero…

do we know what’s happening to making characters come the 5th other than empire visuals?

I a man against this.

I’m all for this. I just found out today and I’m better at using battleships than any other ship in the game. (horrible noob choices) This really saves my hide. I want to get back in and buy plex. Good move CCP

Ah so i get it, you spend £200 skilling up to the 20m then you dont have to sub pass that to get your free 20m alpha account.

I love free stuff.

Man, I’d LOVE to do business with you in real life. I have so much free stuff for you!