Alpha Skill Additions and Mining

CCP Rise has already preliminary announced a “beta” clone. Basically Alphas will be able to buy extended training time and speed for short periods for less PLEX.

So you could still train within the 20.5m SP Alpha skills, but not be full Omega.

1 Like

I have not heard, but I am doubting that Alphas will get any mining love short of Miner II’s in a BS. Something about Alphas dipping into key areas of active sub characters.

So it’s like say, 500mil isk for thirty days of beta clone time, which allows you to train 20.5mil skill points (probably at slower speed than omega) compared to the alpha clone’s selection of 20.5 mil but only able to train 5mil of them.

As an alpha clone that doesn’t spend a lot of time on EVE it’s sounds good to me. Waiting for this to be released.

1 Like

It’s actually at Omega speed as well.

And it sounds more like 125 PLEX for 7 days of Beta.

2 Likes

Beta accounts? LOL. Come on now, let’s be honest here. If you can’t afford $15 a month for a video game, then you probably have other things you should be doing rather than playing video games…

1 Like

With that same logic, why even have Alphas?

No alphas would be nice as well. I’m not a big fan of F2P. It ruins the player base and introduces all kinds of shady/unintended mechanics, some of which we’ve already seen…

Unfortunately FTP seems the norm anymore. Few sub based mmo’s exist, and many have gone from sub to FTP.

Alot of what CCP has been working on lately makes me feel that they are at least setting themselves up for the transition, but won’t pull the trigger until Alphas outnumber Omegas.

About the cost of half an omega account was what I had in mind…but I am not a developer :stuck_out_tongue:

are they actually adding that?

Honestly Im a college student on a alpha clone, Im broke and I play a couple times a week to blow off steam. The beta thing sounds right up my alley, I have better things to do than to try to plex an account but that level sounds good to me for getting some inital skill training done.

1 Like

This will change the game into mostly ganking miners with Alpha. No cost for the alt and cheap ships to be destroyed with too much gain. It’s imbalanced and will reduce mining. You may need Alphas to mine since who will want to mine anymore.

Those of us who don’t fly paper-thin ships or bling-bling fits will keep right on mining like we have been…

maybe I cant afford 15 for another account because I work 84 hours a week 7 days a week on 3 college degrees in a useful field of fixing things that nets me 12k a month because of the company local hire laws?

Gnosis
bunch of mining “Lazers”…
cargo extenders…
and MTU deployed nearbuy :slight_smile:

just the sole idea of mining in a 100 Million + ship is bad enough.

a Mobile Depot could help to storage the ores and could serve for refitting for storage. it has 100 m3 more storage than a Giant Secure Container. and you dont need to put a password to keep the stuff safe.

a Rokh could tank any ganker up to certain point i think. and could use a DCU II along with 3 MLU II and a Cargo Expander II along with cargo rigs to get a bit over 1K m3

but even if you refit the ship for hauling, it wont be enough compared to the 5K ore hold of the Venture.

a Venture with a Mobile Depot sounds much more enticing (9K potential ore Storage).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.