AMA - CCP Acquisiton by Pearl Abyss! Starts at 16:30 UTC!

What is the mood in the offices since the announcement?

It’s been great. I’ve known for a while because I work as the Company Ombudsman too, and also had to work on the communication side of things, and I was scared that people were going to be super worried.

We actually had a Global Staff Meeting today where everyone from CCP came together to talk about this and get full details of what it means for the company. The atmosphere was fantastic.

Guard, Falcon. Personally are you two upbeat or nervous or both for these changes? Not the company line, the bottom line for you two.

I’m very upbeat, and very enthusiastic about what the future holds.

You know me as well as anyone in the community Mike, I don’t screw around when I’m talking to people and I’m very direct if I don’t like something.

This is a really good move for CCP, and it’s a really good time for it to happen. There are a lot of opportunities to be had. Pearl Abyss sound like they’ll be great to work with, and I’m super interested to see what we can learn from eachother.

I’ve always said that if I ever lose faith in the future of our titles, mainly EVE as that’s where I’m focused and born from in terms of being at CCP, that’ll it’ll be the time that I check out and move on to do other things.

I can’t see that being any time in the near or distant future. I’m feeling VERY good about all this.

Can we expect changes to player events such as Fanfest and Eve Vegas as a result of this change?

It’s too early to tell really, but I’m hoping that Pearl Abyss can learn from what we do to engage our players.

Maybe we’ll see DesertFest or something like that in future haha :smiley:

In all seriousness though, not sure at this stage, but things are looking very positive. :slight_smile:

m

f

6 Likes