AMA - CCP Acquisiton by Pearl Abyss! Starts at 16:30 UTC!

Can i have ur stuff

Nope!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never had a five year guarantee for anything in life, inside or outside games :). But I think you can make a very strong bet that EVE will be going strong far into the future, even more so now than before I think. My chips are on EVE.

5 Likes

How is PA going to get their $425 mill worth/back while ā€œnot changing anythingā€ in CCPā€™s business / shop model?

Like, seriously - Iā€™m just interested and curious. Not trying to be sarcastic or snarky. But, Iā€™ve been through many a merger/acquisition, and after the first year, you see what the plans are for the future.

I just want to know, on a basic level, what types of changes are realistic for CCP to make to Eve in order to make it a profitable purchase for PA. They have to get their investments worth one way or another, and no one here is being straight forward about this?

So, again, I ask - How is PA going to get their investmentā€™s worth without ā€œchangingā€ something?
The numbers donā€™t add up, so something has to change in order for them not to be at a total loss on this buyā€¦

4 Likes

Haha yeah, I played more BDO than Iā€™m willing to admit, so the sheer possibility of the numpties at PA getting their hands into EVE is disconcerting.

PA might ā€œfeelā€ right for staff and devs, but for the community PA is about as ā€œrightā€ for us a meat cleaver to the head.

1 Like

Can I have it? You know it will end up with young starting players where it will do good. See my bio in game.

Sweet thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Guard saves another sub!

1 Like

I mean, mathematics says that PA is going to need to put their hand in your cookie jar at some point. Even if there is 425k subscribers left, at 20 dollars a month spent per subscriber, it will take them 500 months before taking operating costs into equation to recoup their money lol

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue: You nut. Thatā€™s not how acquisitions work :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What is the mood in the offices since the announcement?

Itā€™s been great. Iā€™ve known for a while because I work as the Company Ombudsman too, and also had to work on the communication side of things, and I was scared that people were going to be super worried.

We actually had a Global Staff Meeting today where everyone from CCP came together to talk about this and get full details of what it means for the company. The atmosphere was fantastic.

Guard, Falcon. Personally are you two upbeat or nervous or both for these changes? Not the company line, the bottom line for you two.

Iā€™m very upbeat, and very enthusiastic about what the future holds.

You know me as well as anyone in the community Mike, I donā€™t screw around when Iā€™m talking to people and Iā€™m very direct if I donā€™t like something.

This is a really good move for CCP, and itā€™s a really good time for it to happen. There are a lot of opportunities to be had. Pearl Abyss sound like theyā€™ll be great to work with, and Iā€™m super interested to see what we can learn from eachother.

Iā€™ve always said that if I ever lose faith in the future of our titles, mainly EVE as thatā€™s where Iā€™m focused and born from in terms of being at CCP, thatā€™ll itā€™ll be the time that I check out and move on to do other things.

I canā€™t see that being any time in the near or distant future. Iā€™m feeling VERY good about all this.

Can we expect changes to player events such as Fanfest and Eve Vegas as a result of this change?

Itā€™s too early to tell really, but Iā€™m hoping that Pearl Abyss can learn from what we do to engage our players.

Maybe weā€™ll see DesertFest or something like that in future haha :smiley:

In all seriousness though, not sure at this stage, but things are looking very positive. :slight_smile:

m

f

6 Likes

Only time will do that really, and a demonstration that things are going to continue on the right track, in the right direction.

2 Likes

I think you can get reply only from PA guy on this. :smirk:

2 Likes

Literally nothing.

1 Like

I know that.

You buy a company to either profit from it, disolve it for profit, stop competition or use the assets to further your own goals.

NONE of those reasons plays well with the line ā€œPA is letting CCP be CCPā€

4 Likes

What % of the sale price is the bonus?
What is the expected revenue CCP has to generate to receive that bonus, and for what duration?

3 Likes

Madness. The CSM is great.

Plus, what would I do without my @Jin_taan?

3 Likes

Where is the auction house in Heidel?

Which one?

JƦja!!!

3 Likes