AMA - CCP Acquisiton by Pearl Abyss! Starts at 16:30 UTC!

• Can I now buy walking in station for a fee? - Eur 49 would be well balanced

There are no plans to work on avatar gameplay going forward.

• Can I pay to get a single player mode so there is no worries for any ratting and mining person/s and feel safe

EVE is an MMO. The Ms stand for Massively Multiplayer. :wink:

1 Like

I suppose we have to validate eula on every account after the 12 october ?

Did you expect them to not be selective? This is a messaging application, it has purpose. Not informing, but managing. Perfectly understandable.

2 Likes

Will there be any more instanced PVE like the Abyss?

You’ll find out more about what’s coming next for EVE Online at EVE Vegas.

Will EvE remain a single shard game?

Yes.

4 Likes

Yep!!

2 Likes

Whatever you say, sold is sold, its a big mistake for you Hilmar. There no any other game and community like this, eve and its players were such unique ecosystem, whery sadly, money money money… and you r still so pour.

We’ve both asked the same thing with no reply, so I think we can put that down to PA only making a verbal statement, and nothing being written down as a legally binding agreement. Take that as you will.

With no contract stating PA won’t ■■■■ things up, I believe the “They’ll leave us be” line as much as I believe the earth is flat, or that I’m made out of potato.

1 Like

I did not.

I did not however expect them to suddenly jump 200-300 posts ahead instead answering questions in sequence, as first come first served.

I also did not expect them to ignore relevant questions in favor of repeating the same thing over and over to repeated questions on the same things.

2 Likes

CCP will be maintaining future control. Pearl Abyss have been super direct about this.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s AMA only as long as Pearl Abyss gets to keep up a smokescreen.

2 Likes

how did you figure me out

1 Like
  1. Abyssal Deadspace has worked pretty well and been well received so we’ll probably develop it further and quite possibly use the tech for other features.
  2. There are no plans to move from the single shard approach for EVE
3 Likes

will out of game player events like Fanfest still happen

There’s no plans to change this - real world events are a cornerstone of our community.

is this deal almost the same as disney/marvel where ccp is still a studio and owned by PA

Not sure what the specifics are there - CCP is a wholly owned independent subsidiary of Pearl Abyss.

what changes to staff do you know about and can comment on

No planned changes.

future game like nova still coming or on hold?

Still coming, in development.

1 Like

Will Server Time be changed to KST?

2 Likes

Keep an eye out, we’re always hiring :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Mate, they already skipped questions right off the bat from the start of the topic :stuck_out_tongue:

Look, this is community management. It isn’t to inform you, it is to guide your behaviour. Not you personally, but you as a customer on average. This is business.

Look on the bright side. CCP makes at least that effort. PA never does. They actually decide every time to go the entirely opposite route.

So if you compare the two approaches, PA’s is abusive, insulting, horrid. CCP’s is less than optimal but an effort is made. Which do you prefer?

1 Like

@CCP_Guard Do you plan on using Pearl Abyss’s know-how to improve the future of Serenity? Will their know-how of the Asian market be of value/use to you?

No. It was sequential, avoiding repetition and irrelevance.
Then it jumped 200-300 posts and started answering random waffle and repeating the same over and over.

This is AMA. Not PR.

1 Like

Thanks for the Q&A guys none of my questions answered but thanks anyway. Off to sell some assets need to plex now that my subs are cancelled will take it on a month by month basis until i see where the water lies. Fly Safe o7

1 Like

Actually, a bunch of us had questions in at the beginning. They were skipped.

Which makes sense, considering :slight_smile: