Amarr Epic Arc Ship

Hi all,

I’m planning to start the Amar epic arc as soon as I get enough standing.
In the meantime I’m looking for a good fit for tha Rattlesnake I’ll use.

This is the result of my homeworks

[Rattlesnake, epic amarr]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Ballistic Control System II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Pithum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier
100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Pithum C-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

‘Arbalest’ Cruise Launcher I
’Arbalest’ Cruise Launcher I
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Core Defense Field Purger I

Hobgoblin II x5
Garde I x2
Caldari Navy Wasp x2
Caldari Navy Warden x2

Mjolnir Cruise Missile x2568
Scourge Cruise Missile x2479

As you can see I cannot use T2 heavy drones, sentries or cruise missiles.

Is it a decent fit for the epic arc?
Any tip on this fit?

1 Like

Well, I mostly fly Minmatar ships and mainly used T3 Loki Cruiser to run the epic arcs so I can’t offer any feedback about your fit up.

However you can always check the comments listed in the Eve Survival pages for that arc and hopefully gain some usable knowledge.

http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=RightToRule4p1

Good luck to you.

DMC

1 Like

Disclaimer: I have not flown the Amarr Epic arc (only Caldari). BUT: you got to ask yourself, will that tank hold? I have my doubts. I know on the Caldari arc, this fit would have ended up a firery wreck… Epic arc mission can be harder than your garden variety LV4, and based on your weapon choice, i think your fitting skills may not be perfect either, so proceed with caution. Eve survival is a great resource. My advise, find a friend and run it together… That is not just safer and faster, but also more fun. Eve is a multiy player game after all ; )

1 Like

I have found the Barghest with rapid heavies to excel at level 4’s.

Thank you for your advice!
I’m mostly trained with small hulls (cruiser and frigates), and not being a dedicated missioner I didn’0t traind for T2 large weapons.

Can I ask you what you flown for Caldari Epic Arc?
Have you some fittings to share?

1 Like

Since the Rattlesnake has a 275% bonus to heavy drone and sentry damage, I’d probably try to focus towards drones rather than missile stuff. Another drone link augmentor. Omnidirectional tracking link, drone navigation computer (or two), and microjumpdrive in mids. Signal amplifier, damage control, and probably a capacitor mod in lows.

It’s for pve, so you could probably active-tank shield booster it.

Rattlesnake also has a 10% bonus to kinectic and thermal missile damage per level of gallente battleship, so I’d use thermal for amarr arc.

I’d use amarr light and heavy drones (acolyte and praetor) and perhaps a few faction heavy drones for when the npc cruisers and below have been taken out.

2 Likes

Thanks for your imput!

I’ll change ammo and drones as you said (didn’t noticed the bonus to thermal, my fault).

Do you have by chance an active tank fit example to play with?

1 Like

The Amarr epic arc is the one with the most combat. The last missions have many heavy waves. Typical tactics is to keep distance. Long range weapons and a high speed burst at the beginning are cruicial for that. Almost all NPC are in Amarr ships, so EM/TH. IIRC, there are only one or two missions with kin/therm.

I’d recommend to use Curators (EM, long range) together with Gardes (TH, short range). If you can’t use T2, consider Augmented ones.

Also, T2 purger rigs for passive fits unless you are really tight on ISK. This is an expensive ship anyway.

Depending on whether you plan to rely more on drones or more on CM, you could drop one BCU or DDA for a damage control.

If your emphasis is on drones, you could drop one of the shield extenders for an omni tracker to improve range and/or tracking. Maybe a target painter for CM emphasis.

For reference, below is what I used last time. The cap battery is really useful in a few missions that have heavy neuting. You may want to pack hardeners, a battery etc for these cases.

Have fun and don’t be afraid to warp out.

[Rattlesnake, Amarr epic arc]

Damage Control II
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier

500MN Microwarpdrive II
EM Ward Field II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II, Optimal Range Script
Thukker Large Cap Battery

Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Heavy Missile
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Core Defense Field Purger II

Garde II x2
Hobgoblin II x5
Acolyte II x5
Salvage Drone I x5
Curator II x2

1 Like

Been a while since I last ran that arc but do remember I would not try to run it with a passive tank.

1 Like

not a partial one anyways, you would want the lows to be filled with shield flux coils which would kill your dps. for the epics I usually use a golem with 1k dps and keep 100kms and kill everything, caldari I have to switch to a sentry domi because at 200kms im still getting full dps on the ship even from frigate guns hitting me.

2 Likes

Run this routinely in a Paladin with just an RAH and x-type large repper (Rigs are for cap and imps are Ascendancy and for guns) and tank has never been an issue, but the EWAR immunity sure is a blessing. Pretty much only need to pulse the Bastion just for that. Golem would be an even easier boat for it for sure.

For anyone not familiar with that Arc, I’d recommend a MJD, plain and simple no matter what you decide to run it in or what you kit it out with. Even if you’re fit for brawl and not for sniping and such, it’s a good get-out-of-jail-free card for those iffy moments. Cap batt could be good to have too as there is some neuting. Fortunately, it’s generally tame neuting when it’s there, just watch for neut towers mostly. NPC ships with neuts tend to spawn well outside there max range, so that can help. See any neut trails from an NPC BS, just fire up the MJD and keep pushing range as needed.

Also, you will need a data analyzer in one of the missions, just FWY. That one appears to be a combat op, but the rats are optional. All you really need to do in that one is hack the can and take the contents, nothing more. They do drop Amarr Navy tags which can make it worth it to press on them, but they WILL close in on you fast and hard if you commit. Even the BS’s will top out at around 700-900 m/s closer rate and once they are in range they can be nasty on your tank.

2 Likes

What fit do you suggest for Loki?

1 Like

Well, that was before the recent changes to T3’s and my fit was mainly Faction/Deadspace mods. I also have level 5 skills and Hardwiring Implants to help boost ship stats:

Augmentations:
Implant slots #1 to #5 are all +5 Improved Attribute Implants
Slot #6 = Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Upgrades SU-605
(5% reduced Powergrid need for modules requiring Shield Upgrades skill)
Slot #7 = Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Management SM-705
(5% increase to Shield capacity)
Slot #8 = Poteque ‘Prospector’ Astrometric Rangefinding AR-806
(6% increase to scan strength of probes)
Slot #9 = Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Operation SP-905
(5% increase to Shield Recharge rate)
Slot #10 = Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Rapid Launch RL-1005
(5% increase to all Missile Launcher rate of fire)

Anyway, due to the recent sub-system changes, I’ve been working on various fits for it in Pyfa and haven’t run the Epic Arcs yet. However this fit with my character skills imported seems to have some pretty good stats:

Loki

Sub-Systems:
Defensive = Adaptive Defense Node - Slots = +2M, 2L
Offensive = Projectile Scoping Array - Slots = +7H
Propulsion = Wake Limiter - Slots = +2M
Core = Augmented Nuclear Reactor - Slots = +1M, 3L

High Slots:
5x 425mm Autocannon II - Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M
2x Rapid Light Missile Launcher II - Inferno Fury Light Missile

Medium Slots:
2x Pith B-Type Shield Booster Amplifier
1x Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
1x Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
1x 10MN Analog Booster Afterburner

Low Slots:
2x Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
1x Republic Fleet Tracking Enhancer
1x Sentient Damage Control
1x Dread Guristas Co-Processor

Drone Bay:
5x Hobgoblin II

Rig Slots:
2x Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
1x Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Stats:
Firepower = 612 DPS (Weapon), 99 DPS (Drone), 711 DPS Total
Booster Defense = 1059 HP/s - EHP = 24.7k
Shield Resistance = 77.2% EM, 72.6% Therm, 72.6% Kin, 77.2% Exp
Capacitor = Stable @ 60.2%
Speed = 698 m/s
Cargo = 420 m3

You can easily change the fit for exploration by swapping the Adaptive Defense Node sub-system for the Covert Reconfiguration sub-system, remove the Co-Processor and swap the 2x Missile Launchers for 1x Sisters Expanded Probe Launcher and 1x ‘Smokescreen’ Covert Ops Cloaking Device II. You can also fit up a Salvager I module but will have to keep it offline and when it’s needed in space just offline one of the Gyrostabilizers to online the Salvager. Only takes a couple of minutes to do that with full Capacitor which can be gained by sitting cloaked for a bit.

Doing that change will lower the Firepower to 538 DPS (Weapon), 99 DPS (Drones) for a total of 637 DPS. Also the Shield Boost amount will be lowered to 971.3 HP/s but the overall defense will be increased to 25.3k EHP’s. Cap stability will also be lowered to 57.1% and Cargo space will be increased to 720 m3.

Obviously the modules listed above are expensive but I have nothing else to spend ISK on and they do give very good boost to ship stats. Course all of the stats are based on my character’s skill level and Implants so I suggest using Pyfa and import your own character stats into it and try out various fit ups before committing to buying the modules listed above.

By the way, I always travel manually (never use Autopilot) with all defenses active (cloaked for exploration) and when in mission or exploration sites, I quickly get away from the warp in point and keep moving while watching for anyone landing on grid so I can quickly warp out if needed.

4 Likes

The 720 m3 cargo is in error. The Cloak sub only adds 30 not 300, but PyFa mistakenly adds 300 (maybe it’s adding the sub’s capacity variable instead of the actual cargo bonus), resulting in 720 for cargo being shown instead of the correct amount at 420+30 being 450.

I noticed all the Covert Reconfiguration subs in Eve right now show a visible “Capacity” variable in their stats page which usually shows up for weapons and mods that use charges to signify the volume they can contain before needing to reload. Not sure why it’s visible or even why subs have that at all in the first place, but they all have 300 for it. I suspect that’s what PyFa is looking at.

Having said that, given the T3 rebalance more so encouraging bringing additional mods and subs for remote fitting and refitting, it seems kind of strange that cargo wasn’t really altered much to offer more room to carry extra mods, charges, and such. The sub bay helps and is awfully nice for that reason, I guess. Not really complaining as I don’t think they lost cargo capacity if at all overall, just thought it odd.

2 Likes

Ahhh, ok. Thanks for pointing that out.

Seeing that the Cloaking sub gave bonus to Hacking virus strength I naturally figured it would have a much larger cargohold for loot.

Granted the sub-system hold is a great addition allowing more room in the cargohold, especially for players who do a lot of traveling for exploration. However, 450 m3 cargo capacity doesn’t leave much room for loot after adding munitions, probes and any other modules a player would deem necessary to carry.