Amarr Lore Question

Hello Amarr Lore Experts,

My question is this - How long have the Amarr been celebrating Foundation Day, as in how many years have they’ve been doing it?

Correct me if I’m wrong but could Foundation Day be viewed as a Celebration of Divine Enlightenment?

1 Like

We don’t know the answer to this, really

To speculate: Some celebration of Gheinok’s founding likely dates back at least to Amash Akura in the 17th millennium. Six or so thousand years back.

There would likely be earlier antecedents, but thats the earliest point where it makes sense to celebrate a Foundation of Empire.

Current form is very likely established in Moral Reforms. Just because the current form of everything Amarr pretty much dates to that.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I probably phrased the question wrong.

From what I could find, Foundation Day is celebrating the construction of the first Amarr church built by Prophet Dano Gheinok.

According to the Amarr Timeline,

7987 AD
EVE Gate opens.

7989 AD
The conformists start migrating to New Eden, spurred on by Dano Gheinok, one of their leaders, Gheinok manages to direct them to the planet of Athra.

8000 AD
Dano Gheinok proclaims himself prophet and sets the foundations of the Amarr theocratic state to come.

8061 AD
The EVE Gate closes as the wormhole collapses.

8061 AD
The same year as EVE closes the last group of conformists arrives on Athra. The conformists all settle on the continent of Amarr, from which they later take their name.

Also according to the Timeline,

23236 AD
EST (Eden Standard Time) and the YC dating system established at Yoiul Conference.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but going by that info, Dano Gheinok proclaims himself as a prophet and sets the foundation of the Amarr theocratic state in 8000 AD, subtract that from when the EST (Eden Standard Time) YC dating system was established in 23236 AD makes that 15,236 years. Add in the current YC date of 123 makes the total amount 15,359 years.

Sooo, for lack of better terminology I think it’s safe to say Amarr Foundation Day YC123 celebrates 15,359 years of Divine Enlightenment.

1 Like

Yes, thats the jumping off point for the Amarr faith’s idea of its own history. Though it’s less 15359 years of divine enlightenment than it is 15359 years of Amarr being the only group to have remained enlightened. There is a strong idea in the lore that Amarr believes that there was a period before Gheinok when things were unified with God’s will. See this chron for an articulation of it: Chronicle - EVE Community

There is also an 8000 year period between Gheinok and the actual foundation of Amarr Empire by Amash Akura. It’s not at all clear what happened in that time.

5 Likes

Indeed, to the best of my knowdledge, few records exist of our earliest history save what we know from the Scriptures. Those parts of the Book of Records that pre-date the first emperor, Amash-Akura, are resticted and only the highest echelons of nobility can consult them. Emperor Amash-Akura started systematic historical records around the year of our lord 16470. After he unified the island of Amarr under the one God, he did a census of his new subjects and possessions. However, as lord Lok’ri points out, it is extremely difficult to reconstruct any details of our history from before emperor Amash-Akura’s time.

That being said, I do believe that there was a celebration of Saint Gheinok’s day for as long as any records go back. Probably that can be seen as the precursor of our modern Foundation Day. So, mr. Crimson, you are right to say that we celebrate fifteen thousand years of prophet Gheinok’s legacy.

Going back even earlier: the era before prophet Gheinok is shrouded in mystery. I do not know of any relic (not even simple pot shards or ancient tools) from before the eighth millennium. This has led some historians to hypothesize the existence of a precursor civilization that arrived from outside the cluster and colonized it. While there is general agreement that the different races in our cluster have a common ancestor, there is no hard evidence for the “colonization from outside” theory.

((ooc short version: I don’t think the first few items on that timeline are IC knowledge; for historical record-keeping see Book of Records - EVE Fiction))

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.