Amarr region becoming desert

Also, who doesnt play an MMO without googling like everything?

1 Like

The question is what do you mean with „new“ player. If you scroll to the top you will find that this „new“ player is looking for dedicated meta modules and knows prices. This doesn’t seem that new to me. But maybe still new enough to not know all the other 95% of EVE outside ratting, mission running and mining. So I think it is okay to name alternative solutions for his problem outside of rage quitting and whining about CCP being bad boys taking away a favorite toy ehm, I mean jump route in this case.

EVE is about adaption and trying new things. This is what makes EVE exciting over long time.

1 Like

Well you’re not wrong about Niarja. As for Drifter holes, I haven’t gone looking for them but I’m sure yo can google what you need to know. No matter what, it sounds like you will need to be cloaked at a minimum and be prepared to scan. Treat every gate as permanently camped (since that usually seems to be the case). I sincerely wish you “good luck” on your adventure. =)

2 Likes

Very true, but being intentionally fed bad information with the goal of setting up failure defeats the idea of trying new things. This is one of the big reasons people go to Reddit more than come to the forums. Both sites have people ready to deceive, but Reddit has more people who will jump in with actual advice other than just “get gud”.

1 Like

Absolutely. EVE has a terrible reputation, Why not work at giving it a reputation of “competitive” instead of reinforcing the idea that EVE hates new players, hates anything different, or has a population comprised of nothing but lying jerks. Who knows. People might one day see the forums as useful instead of a cesspool.

5 Likes

That’s why I recommend above to not use the short cut for veterans (wormhole) but rather go the long way but also use it as opportunity to make some trade profit.

1 Like

Btw, August economic report is out. And guess what? Trade in Domain did not go down, but up in August. :slight_smile:

https://www.eveonline.com/article/qh49ro/monthly-economic-report-august-2020

4 Likes

the plural of anecdote isn’t data

2 Likes

yeah everyone is in jita
what to expect eh?
players gonna take the easiest way
im having a lot of difficulty to sell my stuff in amarr
i hope after the troglovians leave ccp do something about it

What’s the problem is with you young fellers? This newfangled market they have in Jita? Yeah, I heard of it. What do I need it for? I got some BPCs - CCP done give me some of them for free! I reprocess whatever I find, and I use it to make ammo. I don’t understand what all this commotion is about - buying and selling and hauling stuff about all gosh darn day. Sounds like a dreadful chore to me.

3 Likes

things in low remain normal but to get to jita people need to pass by niarja or other triglavian invasion leaving low
my initial idea was ■■■■ it
ill sell my stuff in amarr live in amarr low ■■■■ jita
i even made some propaganda of the idea on this forum and local
but it was futile , the numbers in amarr dropped and in jita are BIIIIIG all day
i have a couple of billions stucked in amarr like for one month by now

not good , amarr have BIG lands for bears to graze… they cant see a opportunity wen its in front of them

D…dad? Daddy? Is…is that you? sniff

Last I saw the govmnt came took y’all away

1 Like

Gov’t stopped by. They let me off with a warning. They sure did take a long look around my place before they left, though.

2 Likes

It is indeed, in that you’re entirely right to say so. But it doesn’t mean that you have to be nudged into doing it against your will. What I’ve loved with EvE so far is the fact that you can dwelve into new areas of the game offering new content that you’d have to discover and enjoy at different calculated risks, at all levels of skilling.

This is great, but it’s equally important to preserve areas where any player can go back and chill to his/her old customs and habits of playing: get stuck in your favorite WH, mine or fly missions in low or high sec, doesn’t matter. You can always move back and forth between exciting, risky new stuff and your good old easy-peasy activity.

Because all players aren’t always in for the adrenaline kick and fast-paced, heart-throbbing action in this game. Some people just like to log in and relax, chill and do their own stuff at a much lower pace. This is where CCP have to clarify things and let their player base if they’re aiming at becoming so elite in the type of game that they want to offer, that they will probably need to remove somewhere between a third to over a half of their players.

Now what we have here is again something that’s being forced down a lot of player’s throat, with little to no information about how this is supposed to evolve or end, and what we all see is the most popular HS sector becoming unbearably hard to fly, and its immediate neighbor getting worryingly empty. How is that going to be good for the state of the game? How is this going to be any good if it starts impacting low and null sec the same way? All of this for the sake of bringing “new and exciting content”? Well sod it.

3 Likes

Maybe the game developers have a vision for the game that does not involve a lot of “relax, chill, etc.”

3 Likes

look i LIVE in low sec
i love risk , but one thing is to use a fast combat ship to cruise in contested area, the other is pass thought niarja in a whale
lets suppose you are triglavian … I AM
i killed lots of guys there till the idiots from null that camp all day (most test) discover the web module
now its super hard to kill them because they web you and battleship (bhalgorn or vindi etc…) you before you crash the gate back
and i used to go in a cruiser to ■■■■ them
imagine a industrial ship? IMPOSSIBLE
soooo i gave up , started to cruise thought niarja in a capsule because , well in my innocent mind ,kinda insta warp , immune to the 5 sebo t3 destroyers
it was all fine and dandy till one day i lost a 400 milion capsule , smart bombs
to say oh you are a bear … you can do this or that way,its dishonest , you don’t
CCP created a choke point and if amarr is getting poor its not stupid dodix and rens that will take jitas crown

1 Like

Just go through lowsec and avoid Niarja. Niarja is probably worse than any lowsec system right now.

I think there is a decent Kador-Genesis route that is an alternative.

2 Likes

i agree , i live in low , i pass in low all day
but the prirates know this , i bet the low sec jumps are camped and ill not pass there in a industrial full of ■■■■

Thanks for the tips with Jove Observatories. I tried some and it is not that easy to find good route using this method. Maybe I’m doing something wrong but it needs a lot of time.
This Thera thing looks easier, because you have maps on the Internet where exactly you can travel, but on the other hand you have to wait for the WH to open in places you want.

You are right I’m not that big noob, but still a noob. I played this game few years ago for about 2-3 months and I stopped because I had no spare time. After releasing Eve Echoes I came back to Eve Online and I’m having a really good time. But still I don’t know 90% of what this game has to offer.
This Niarja thing impeded my gamestyle and I want to adapt to it somehow. I want to struggle for sometime in Amarr but if I don’t see any hope to prosper here I will have to move to Jita.

Somebody here wrote that Triglav Inv will end someday. Does it mean that Niarja will be high sec again?

LOL - A particularly succulent turn of phrase and accurate.

@Meir_Dimaloun - Seems like a good opportunity for you to make some isk while the market adapts…or you could continue in hand-wring panic…up to you.